- Meet four sexy Kingfisher Calender 2015 hot girlsWe have killed all the children...What next?:Peshawar terrorists to handlerTop ten spicy controversies of Aamir KhanTen Bollywood scandals of 2014No one dances more sexily than hottie Shruti HaasanTop ten super hot girls of 2014Nargis Fakhri romancing India with selfieIndia launches its biggest rocketPICS: Prasoon Joshi pens poem on Peshawar massacreMeet Mr Praveen Mast the real 'PK'
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
JPC meet: BJP members end boycott , rake up demand for calling PM Last Updated : 08 Nov 2012 03:28:32 PM IST JPC meet: BJP members end boycott , rake up demand for calling PM
BJP members of the JPC on the 2G spectrum allocation issue on Thursday ended their boycott of the panel by attending its meeting in which they again raked up their demand for calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram as witnesses.
As soon as today's proceedings began, BJP members led by Yashwant Sinha demanded that the PM and Chidambaram be called against the backdrop of the deposition by former Cabinet secretary K M Chandrasekhar.
Chandrasekhar had told the Joint Parliamentary Committee that he had written to the Prime Minister suggesting an increase in the license fee for 2G spectrum so that the government could earn an additional Rs 35,000 Crore.
BJP members claimed after the meeting that JPC chairman P C Chacko was open to the suggestion of holding a special meeting to discuss the list of witnesses.
It is learnt that some members like DMK's T Siva also demanded that former telecom minister A Raja be called as a witness.
There were some heated exchange of words when a Congress member demanded calling former Prime Minister Atal Bihari
Vajpayee as a witness. BJP members have been boycotting the JPC proceedings for nearly two months. Even before the boycott, they had stormed out of two JPC proceedings accusing its Chairman of behaving in an autocratic manner and charging Congress members with using foul language when they had pressed for summoning the Prime Minister and Finance Minister as witnesses.
They had stayed away from the subsequent two proceedings of the Committee. P
"It is out of the question to call the Prime Minister before the JPC as witness as there is no precedent of calling the Prime Ministers before the JPCs," he told .BJP leaders Yashwant Sinha and Jaswant Singh will be present in the meeting.
The BJP, which has six members on the panel, had stayed away from the last two meetings of the JPC demanding that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Finance Minister P Chidambaram be called to depose before the panel.
On summoning Chidambaram as witness, Chacko said it would be "decided on the basis of consensus". Referring to the allegation of CPI leader Gurudas Dasgupta that the Attorney General was not called before the JPC on October 11, Chacko said he was out of the country that day.
Attorney General G E Vahanvati would be appearing before the JPC, he added. He said the extended period of the JPC would expire by December and one more extension would be essential as only 75 per cent work was completed.
The mobile operators association had been called for tomorrow's JPC meeting, Chacko said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Meet the four sexy girls of Kingfisher Calender 2015
- I won't be hosting Bigg Boss 8: Salman Khan
- Rajkumar Hirani is the best director: Karan Johar tweeted
- From which Delhi university college did Anurag Kashyap graduate?
- Man spends USD 150K to look like Kim K
- Top ten spicy controversies of Aamir Khan
- Sajid Nadiadwala's Next Project to go on Floors This Year
- Ten Bollywood scandals of 2014
- No one dances more sexily than hottie Shruti Haasan
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
Homegrown handset maker Lava on Tuesday launched a new smartphone -- Iris Fuel 60 -- offer