- Pics: Salman Khan dances with ex girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister IsabelIndia-Japan relations enter new eraVideo: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot picsSuperstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethicsNude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leakedPICS: Oldest woman loves chocolates, sleeps for days!Priyanka Chopra can pack a punchMeet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl AkankshaAishwarya without makeup
Real Sociedad produced a stunning fightback from 2-0 down to beat European champions Real
Sufi shrine Haji Ali Dargah restricts women's entry, protests erupt Last Updated : 06 Nov 2012 01:15:03 PM IST Sufi shrine Haji Ali Dargah restricts women's entry, protests erupt
The trustee of Sufi shrine Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai made an controversial decision that entry of women inside the sanctum sanctorum is restricted and said that the decision is irrevocable.
The management of Haji Ali Dargah has taken such a decision as they feel that it is "un-Islamic under the Sharia Law" for women to visit graves.
The Dargah's trustees said that their decision is irrevoccable .meanwhile, the contriversial decion has evoked sharp criticism and protests from several quarters .
terming it as a Talibani diktat, Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh said, "I am not in favour of this and that women should not be allowed in Haji Ali. All Muslim liberals should oppose it."
BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, too, called the decision unfair and said, "The trust should re-think and take back their decision."
Bhartiya Mahila Muslim Andolan founder Noorjehan Safia Niaz condemning the ruling, said her group will take this issue to a higher level. "This is the wrong interpretation of the Sharia law. "
"They can offer their prayers, do namaaz and offer shawls and flowers. We are only requesting our sisters not to enter the dargah," said Rizwan Merchant, trustee of the Haji Ali Dargah
The Haji Ali Dargah was constructed in 1431 in memory of a rich Muslim merchant, Sayyed Peer Haji Ali Shah Bukhari , who gave up all his worldly possessions before making a pilgrimage to Mecca. Hailing from Bukhara, in the ancient Persian Empire and now in Uzbekistan, Bukhari travelled around the world in the early to mid 15th century, and then settled in Mumbai.
The sanctum sanctorum that houses the tomb of 15th century Sufi saint Pir Haji Ali Shah Bukhari is visisted by thousands of devotees .
The revered dargah is located on a bed of rock into the Arabian Sea and off the coast of Worli in south central Mumbai.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Salman Khan has gone out of his way to promote former girlfriend Katrina Kaif's sister Isa
- Motion poster of Rajinikanth starrer Lingaa revealed
- Video: Sonam Kapoor is scorching hot in Vogue September issue 2014
- Amitabh Bachchan hits 10-million milestone on Twitter
- Birthday girl Padma Lakshmi’s hot pics
- Superstars Akshay and Aamir have contrasting work ethics
- Nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, Kim K, Kelly Brook, Kate Upton leaked
- Priyanka Chopra can pack a punch
- Meet Bhandarkar’s Calendar Girl Akanksha
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l