- Ishant Sharma: India’s Mystery ManIlena D\'cruz spills on her LOVEHate Story2 encouraging lot of Skin show in forthcoming releasesSalman Khan\'s Kick may not be released in EidJohn Abraham to lose 17 kgs for football biopicAlia Bhatt to romance her first crushIndia\'s 5 stars at LordsNargis Fakri in love with Salman KhanNow SSC exams have questions on hot heroinesNew pics of Katy Perry and Madonna from racy V magazine photoshoot
The unprecedented success achieved in the last edition would be hard to replicate this tim
BJP MPs boycott meeting of JPC on 2G spectrum issue Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 02:04:46 PM IST File Photo
BJP members of the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G spectrum issue on Thursday boycotted the meeting of the panel in protest against Chairman P C Chacko's refusal to accede to their demand to summon the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister.
The six BJP members in the JPC- Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Singh, Gopinath Munde, Harin Pathak, Ravi Shankar Prasad and Dharmendra Pradhan- did not attend the meeting held here on Thursday. They had staged a walkout in the last session when Chacko had refused to discuss their demand for calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Sinha has also written a strongly worded letter on behalf of the BJP members to Chacko to register his party's protest. The party has alleged that Chacko is acting in an 'autocratic' and 'non-democratic' manner.
The letter maintains that in a meeting in July, the main opposition had demanded that the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister be summoned.
"In this meeting, as well as in the meetings of the Committee we have strongly demanded that in order to arrive at the right conclusions, the Committee must record the evidence of the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister. Their appearance before the Committee, in view of their role in the decision making process is absolutely necessary," Sinha said.
The letter further states that there are questions which "they and they alone can answer".
But it is the attack on Chacko's style and manner of functioning which forms the larger part of the letter.
"You have been avoiding taking a decision on this issue for reasons best known to you. When we tried to raise this issue once again in the meeting of September 18, you behaved in a totally non-democratic, in fact, in an autocratic fashion and did not allow some of my colleagues and me to even raise
the issue," Sinha said.
He described this behaviour of Chacko as "shocking in the extreme" and said this left BJP members with no option but to stage a walkout from that meeting.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Barfi actress Ileana D’Cruz confessed her love on social media by disclosing her close
- Hate Story2 encouraging lot of Skin show in forthcoming releases
- Salman Khan's Kick may not be released in Eid
- John Abraham to lose 17 kgs for football biopic
- Alia Bhatt to romance her first crush
- AAP’s Kumar Biswas will be a billionaire?
- Nargis Fakri in love with Salman Khan
- Now SSC exams have questions on hot heroines
- New pics of Katy Perry and Madonna from racy V magazine photoshoot
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
LG Electronics has launched its new flagship smartphone LG G3.