- Pam Anderson again files for divorce from hubby Rick SalomonHate Story 2's Surveen Chawla strikes a pose for MaximGuess who this Kapoor girl is: Latest Bollywood star kidRitesh Deshmukh defeats Kapil SharmaSurveen Chawla\'s real behind the scene mastiPics: Katie Holmes goes topless for Glamor magazineTop ten Aamir Khan moviesCandid confessions of Bollywood starsPooja Bedi's beautiful daughter Aalia has eyes set on BollywoodAnushka Sharma adds 35kgs of weight
Indian badminton icon Prakash Padukone has voiced his reluctance to the idea of changing
BJP MPs boycott meeting of JPC on 2G spectrum issue Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 02:04:46 PM IST File Photo
BJP members of the Joint Parliamentary Committee examining the 2G spectrum issue on Thursday boycotted the meeting of the panel in protest against Chairman P C Chacko's refusal to accede to their demand to summon the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister.
The six BJP members in the JPC- Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Singh, Gopinath Munde, Harin Pathak, Ravi Shankar Prasad and Dharmendra Pradhan- did not attend the meeting held here on Thursday. They had staged a walkout in the last session when Chacko had refused to discuss their demand for calling Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
Sinha has also written a strongly worded letter on behalf of the BJP members to Chacko to register his party's protest. The party has alleged that Chacko is acting in an 'autocratic' and 'non-democratic' manner.
The letter maintains that in a meeting in July, the main opposition had demanded that the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister be summoned.
"In this meeting, as well as in the meetings of the Committee we have strongly demanded that in order to arrive at the right conclusions, the Committee must record the evidence of the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister. Their appearance before the Committee, in view of their role in the decision making process is absolutely necessary," Sinha said.
The letter further states that there are questions which "they and they alone can answer".
But it is the attack on Chacko's style and manner of functioning which forms the larger part of the letter.
"You have been avoiding taking a decision on this issue for reasons best known to you. When we tried to raise this issue once again in the meeting of September 18, you behaved in a totally non-democratic, in fact, in an autocratic fashion and did not allow some of my colleagues and me to even raise
the issue," Sinha said.
He described this behaviour of Chacko as "shocking in the extreme" and said this left BJP members with no option but to stage a walkout from that meeting.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The Baywatch star Pamela Anderson has yet again filed for divorce from Rick Salomon after
- Hate Story 2's Surveen Chawla strikes a pose for Maxim
- Guess who this Kapoor girl is: Latest Bollywood star kid
- Ritesh Deshmukh defeats Kapil Sharma
- Surveen Chawla's real behind the scene masti
- Pics: Katie Holmes goes topless for Glamor magazine
- Top ten Aamir Khan movies
- Candid confessions of Bollywood stars
- Pooja Bedi's beautiful daughter Aalia has eyes set on Bollywood
What happens when you purchase your favorite ice cream but are left shocked to find a dead
With smartphones turning ubiquitous as these have become one of the most indispensable ite