- Vijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hypeMy father cut me off when I was 18: Sonam KapoorKabali may topple Sultan's 300 crore plan5 irresistible reasons to watch KabaliI see a story in everything: Shailja KejriwalWhy Quandeel's father wants his son to be shot dead
Launching the Reliance Foundation Youth Sports initiative, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ur
SGPC honours Gen Vaidya's assassins,sparks controversy Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 09:31:43 AM IST SGPC honours Gen Vaidya's assassins,sparks controversy
As debate raged over raising of a memorial for those killed during Operation Blue Star in 1984,the SGPC, in a controversial move, honoured family members of the two assassins of General A S Vaidya in the Golden Temple complex.
The kin of Harjinder Singh Jinda and Sukhdev Singh Sukha, who were executed on October nine, 1992, were honoured by the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabhandhak Committee at the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, yesterday.
The SGPC, controlled by the ruling SAD, also hailed the Gen's killers as Sikh martyrs sparking a row even as debate raged over constructing a Blue Star memorial in the holy city. The SGPC organised an Akhand Path at the Akal Takht to mark the 20th execution anniversary of the two assassins. The function to honour the relatives of Sukha and Jinda was presided over by SGPC secretary Dalmegh Singh.
Gen Vaidya was the Chief of Army Staff when Operation Blue Star was launched by the Army to flush out militants, led by Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, from the Golden Temple. A number of militants, soldiers and pilgrims were killed during the Operation.
Sukha and Jinda had assassinated General Vaidya in 1986 in Pune where he had settled down after his retirement.hey were hanged in 1992 and since '93 the SGPC has been been organising their death anniversary every year on October
nine and honouring their family members.
The SGPC presented shiropas (robes of honour) to Sukha's mother Surjit Kaur and Jinda?s brother Bhupinder Singh on the occasion yesterday.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Rajinikanth's "Kabali" has grossed over Rs 40 crore at the Indian box office, be
- Shyam Kaushal choreographs action scene for 'Kaabil'
- Vijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
- Rukmini Vijayakumar joins Mani Ratnam's 'Kaatru Veliyidai'
- 'Why no plus-size models in India?'
- Nagarjuna turns singer for 'Nirmala Convent'
- Yami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016
- When Divya Khosla Kumar felt like a bride all over again
- Qandeel's brother undergoes polygraph test
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
A US-based startup has launched a smart laptop shell that turns your Android smartphone i