- Is it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fansI love shooting in New York: Priyanka ChopraWhy MS Dhoni biopic grosses 200 crore
National level Kabbadi player Rohit Chillar was arrested from Mumbai on Friday, three days
SGPC honours Gen Vaidya's assassins,sparks controversy Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 09:31:43 AM IST SGPC honours Gen Vaidya's assassins,sparks controversy
As debate raged over raising of a memorial for those killed during Operation Blue Star in 1984,the SGPC, in a controversial move, honoured family members of the two assassins of General A S Vaidya in the Golden Temple complex.
The kin of Harjinder Singh Jinda and Sukhdev Singh Sukha, who were executed on October nine, 1992, were honoured by the Shiromani Gurudwara Prabhandhak Committee at the Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of the Sikhs, yesterday.
The SGPC, controlled by the ruling SAD, also hailed the Gen's killers as Sikh martyrs sparking a row even as debate raged over constructing a Blue Star memorial in the holy city. The SGPC organised an Akhand Path at the Akal Takht to mark the 20th execution anniversary of the two assassins. The function to honour the relatives of Sukha and Jinda was presided over by SGPC secretary Dalmegh Singh.
Gen Vaidya was the Chief of Army Staff when Operation Blue Star was launched by the Army to flush out militants, led by Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, from the Golden Temple. A number of militants, soldiers and pilgrims were killed during the Operation.
Sukha and Jinda had assassinated General Vaidya in 1986 in Pune where he had settled down after his retirement.hey were hanged in 1992 and since '93 the SGPC has been been organising their death anniversary every year on October
nine and honouring their family members.
The SGPC presented shiropas (robes of honour) to Sukha's mother Surjit Kaur and Jinda?s brother Bhupinder Singh on the occasion yesterday.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Arijit Singh has re-dubbed the "Ishq mubarak" song of forthcoming film "Tum Bin 2"
- Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
- 5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHM
- Ranveer Singh likely to replace Salman Khan
- Diva's Karwa Chauth 2016
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
- Mukesh Bhatt meets Rajnath Singh for safe release of 'Ae Dil...'
- Dangal trailer brings back the 'Chak De India' effect
- 'Dear Zindagi' trailer reveals a new SRK
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
Japan's Transport Ministry on Friday said that a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 smartphone belongin