- \'Ab Tak Chhappan 2\' : Down for the count from scene oneA R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of MonicaSushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh BakshyWhy Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movieFan Commits Suicide For Selena GomezAnushka turns vegetarian for Virat?PM Modi, Sonia and Bachchans attend Mulayam-Lalu family weddingAmitabh Bachchan, Ambanies pay homage to KothariScarlett facing legal issues for Pop Band
Table Tennis giants China have made a few changes in their squad for the Asian Cup.
Fate of PSU’s coal mines by Oct 20:IMG Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 11:48:44 AM IST Fate of PSU’s coal mines by Oct 20
"Coal Secretary S K Srivastava has recently conveyed it to Public Accounts Committee that the recommendations of the IMG as far as coal blocks allocated to public sector firms would be finalised by October 20," an official in the Coal Ministry told.
IMG, which had recently concluded the scrutiny of 31 coal blocks alloted to 51 private firms, is meeting this week to decide the fate of 31 coal blocks allocated to public sector firms.
PSU companies will present their case before the IMG on October 9 and 10. Of the total 31 coal blocks allotted to the public sector firms which were issued notices, around 15 coal block holders will present their case on first day, while 16 will make presentations on the second day.
The firms which will make presentations include MMTC, Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation and TVNL.
The Coal Ministry is holding an internal meeting this week to discuss ways to deduct bank guarantees of private companies in case of the 14 blocks following the Inter-Ministerial Group recommending action against them.
Last month, the government has accepted the recommendations of the IMG, which had suggested de-allocation of 13 mines and deduction of bank guarantees (BGs) of 14 allottees.
Bhaskarpara coal block allotted to Grasim Industries and Electrotherm; Dahegaon Markardhokra IV given to IST Steel & Power; North Dhadu allotted to Electrosteel Castings; Choritand Telaiya allotted to Rungta Mines and Gondkhari block allotted to Maharashtra Seamless are among the 13 blocks whose deallocation has been approved.
The government also approved the deduction of the BG with regard to the coal mines of some of the firms including ArcelorMittal, GVK Power, Jayaswal Neco, Neelachal Iron & Steel and DB Power among others.
A total of 58 mines were issued show cause notices for their failure to develop blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Flogging a dead horse is never a good idea, especially when it is a thoroughbred that did
- Working on 'Fan' like going back to school
- OMG! Anushka rejects Salman Khan
- A R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film production
- Watch 10 hottest moves of Monica
- Sushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
- Why Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movie
- Fan Commits Suicide For Selena Gomez
- Anushka turns vegetarian for Virat?
Miss P became America's top dog by winning best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w