- Sarah White offers naked therapy\'Khoobsurat\' movie screeningSRK\'s daughter is a good footballerNeha\'s sexy avtaar in Ekkees Toppon Ki SalaamiSaif-Kareena's holiday destinationShweta Basu Prasad in Bigg Boss8?Why Hot Neha Dhupia says No to Julie 2Finally, Katrina admits her love for RanbirKaun Banega Crorepati saved Big BEnjoy Darjeeling toy train from Dec again
The moment the Capital's football fraternity has been waiting for, will arrive soon with
Fate of PSU’s coal mines by Oct 20:IMG Last Updated : 07 Oct 2012 11:48:44 AM IST Fate of PSU’s coal mines by Oct 20
"Coal Secretary S K Srivastava has recently conveyed it to Public Accounts Committee that the recommendations of the IMG as far as coal blocks allocated to public sector firms would be finalised by October 20," an official in the Coal Ministry told.
IMG, which had recently concluded the scrutiny of 31 coal blocks alloted to 51 private firms, is meeting this week to decide the fate of 31 coal blocks allocated to public sector firms.
PSU companies will present their case before the IMG on October 9 and 10. Of the total 31 coal blocks allotted to the public sector firms which were issued notices, around 15 coal block holders will present their case on first day, while 16 will make presentations on the second day.
The firms which will make presentations include MMTC, Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corporation and TVNL.
The Coal Ministry is holding an internal meeting this week to discuss ways to deduct bank guarantees of private companies in case of the 14 blocks following the Inter-Ministerial Group recommending action against them.
Last month, the government has accepted the recommendations of the IMG, which had suggested de-allocation of 13 mines and deduction of bank guarantees (BGs) of 14 allottees.
Bhaskarpara coal block allotted to Grasim Industries and Electrotherm; Dahegaon Markardhokra IV given to IST Steel & Power; North Dhadu allotted to Electrosteel Castings; Choritand Telaiya allotted to Rungta Mines and Gondkhari block allotted to Maharashtra Seamless are among the 13 blocks whose deallocation has been approved.
The government also approved the deduction of the BG with regard to the coal mines of some of the firms including ArcelorMittal, GVK Power, Jayaswal Neco, Neelachal Iron & Steel and DB Power among others.
A total of 58 mines were issued show cause notices for their failure to develop blocks within stipulated timeline.
The government had formed the IMG in July to review the progress of coal blocks allocated to companies for captive use.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Daniel Craig will return as the iconic British spy for his fourth outing as Bond.
- 'Khoobsurat' movie screening
- Cara Delevingne lands female lead role in 'Paper Towns'
- SRK's daughter is a good footballer
- Neha's sexy avtaar in Ekkees Toppon Ki Salaami
- Saif-Kareena's holiday destination
- SRK to endorse Hyundai Xcent
- I waited three years for Hrithik: Gowariker on 'Mohenjo Daro'
- Shweta Basu Prasad in Bigg Boss8?
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Apple had more than 4 million advance orders of its new iPhones in the first 24 hours.