- Shraddha ages in 'Haseena...'How to dress right for office in summerVIP voting in MCD polls amid EVM glitches'Half Girlfriend' to release across 1600 Indian screensPick banana, melon, cold milk to fight acidityPeople within showbiz don't judge women: Ruslaan Mumtaz'Noor': Says so much without seeming to say anythingReal reason why Abhi-Aish will not celebrate their anniversaryShah Rukh finds it tough to describe himselfDress up right this summer
Indian star Rohan Bopanna and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas defeated the Spanish team
Govt didn't spend anything on Sonia Gandhi's foreign trips and medical treatment: PMO Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 06:46:06 PM IST File Photo
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Friday rubbished the claim by Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi that Rs 1,880 crore were spent on overseas visits of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, saying it was "untrue and misleading".
The PMO underlined that the government had spent no money on Gandhi's overseas visits or her medical treatment abroad or in India.
"Media reports quoting certain quarters about massive expenses from the exchequer on UPA chairperson's overseas visits have been brought to the notice of the PMO. The reports quoting an expense of Rs 1,880 crore are untrue and misleading," the PMO said in a statement. It did not name Modi who had raked up the claim but was clearly referring to it.
"The central information commissioner has already denied these reports and made a statement," the statement said. "The Prime Minister's Office would like to put on record that the government has incurred no expenses on UPA chairperson's visits abroad. Expenses for her security contingent are borne by the Special Protection Group," it said.
The PMO said that during the last 8 years, only one trip to Belgium undertaken at the invitation of the Belgian Government to receive a national honour was paid for by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations. The total cost was less than Rs 3 lakhs. "It is further clarified that the government has not borne any expenses for UPA chairperson's medical treatment abroad and in India," the statement said.
Modi had made the claim citing an RTI reply but the RTI applicant had said the figure quoted by the Gujarat chief minister was grossly wrong.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Shraddha Kapoor has given a glimpse of her younger and older looks in the upcoming
- Stars wish Varun Dhawan on birthday
- Google honours Kannada superstar Rajkumar with doodle
- Sonakshi performing at Bieber's India gig not a good message: Kailash
- Big B reshoots for 'Sarkar 3'
- British fashion model Neelam Gill to accompany Justin Bieber for India gig
- Now censorship on television ?
- Auto driver's son gets Bieber's concert ticket for free
- Allu Arjun's DJ to release on June 23
A man in Pakistan's Punjab province has been surviving on leaves and wood for the last 25
Days after Samsung launched its flagship devices Galaxy S8 and S8+, its South Korean rival