- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha DalalKapil Sharma to become a fatherTop Bollywood Actresses who gave sexy Item NumbersPics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-AbhishekWallpapers related to Akshaya TritiyaMamta Kulkarni posed topless on the magazine cover, see picWhy very few guests were invited for Aishwarya-Abhishek wedding?See Salman Khan\'s latest pics from the sets of Bajrangi BhaijaanWhy Anushka Sharma is a bigger achiever than Virat Kohli?Katrina Kaif to make Cannes debut with Aishwarya
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Govt didn't spend anything on Sonia Gandhi's foreign trips and medical treatment: PMO Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 06:46:06 PM IST File Photo
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Friday rubbished the claim by Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi that Rs 1,880 crore were spent on overseas visits of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, saying it was "untrue and misleading".
The PMO underlined that the government had spent no money on Gandhi's overseas visits or her medical treatment abroad or in India.
"Media reports quoting certain quarters about massive expenses from the exchequer on UPA chairperson's overseas visits have been brought to the notice of the PMO. The reports quoting an expense of Rs 1,880 crore are untrue and misleading," the PMO said in a statement. It did not name Modi who had raked up the claim but was clearly referring to it.
"The central information commissioner has already denied these reports and made a statement," the statement said. "The Prime Minister's Office would like to put on record that the government has incurred no expenses on UPA chairperson's visits abroad. Expenses for her security contingent are borne by the Special Protection Group," it said.
The PMO said that during the last 8 years, only one trip to Belgium undertaken at the invitation of the Belgian Government to receive a national honour was paid for by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations. The total cost was less than Rs 3 lakhs. "It is further clarified that the government has not borne any expenses for UPA chairperson's medical treatment abroad and in India," the statement said.
Modi had made the claim citing an RTI reply but the RTI applicant had said the figure quoted by the Gujarat chief minister was grossly wrong.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an Award Function recently Bollywood divas and stars were looking their best.
- List of controversies surrounding Salman Khan
- See Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken state
- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha Dalal
- Kapil Sharma to become a father
- Bollywood celebs mourn Ankit Keshri's death
- List of top ten sexy Bollywood item girls
- Priyanka, Deepika to dance together
- Sanjay-Karan played imp role in Aish-Abhi's marriage!
A total of 43 dinosaur egg fossils has been found at a construction site in south China's
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!