- When Salman, Iulia, Katrina were caught under one roofJ&K awaits another spell of rain, snowfallWhen Kangana felt like slapping Sugandha MishraWhat are attractive lips?'The Ghazi Attack': Submerged in mediocrityNeil-Rukmini wedding reception was a starry affairKangana wants to get married!'Rangoon' has my most heroic character: Shahid Kapoor'Running Shaadi': A frothy entertainer'Irada': Good intention poorly executed
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Govt didn't spend anything on Sonia Gandhi's foreign trips and medical treatment: PMO Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 06:46:06 PM IST File Photo
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Friday rubbished the claim by Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi that Rs 1,880 crore were spent on overseas visits of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, saying it was "untrue and misleading".
The PMO underlined that the government had spent no money on Gandhi's overseas visits or her medical treatment abroad or in India.
"Media reports quoting certain quarters about massive expenses from the exchequer on UPA chairperson's overseas visits have been brought to the notice of the PMO. The reports quoting an expense of Rs 1,880 crore are untrue and misleading," the PMO said in a statement. It did not name Modi who had raked up the claim but was clearly referring to it.
"The central information commissioner has already denied these reports and made a statement," the statement said. "The Prime Minister's Office would like to put on record that the government has incurred no expenses on UPA chairperson's visits abroad. Expenses for her security contingent are borne by the Special Protection Group," it said.
The PMO said that during the last 8 years, only one trip to Belgium undertaken at the invitation of the Belgian Government to receive a national honour was paid for by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations. The total cost was less than Rs 3 lakhs. "It is further clarified that the government has not borne any expenses for UPA chairperson's medical treatment abroad and in India," the statement said.
Modi had made the claim citing an RTI reply but the RTI applicant had said the figure quoted by the Gujarat chief minister was grossly wrong.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The makers of the "Jolly LLB" franchise on Wednesday confirmed that there will be a third
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
- Sushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'
- Pics:Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide
- We hardly celebrate good cinema in India: Tannishtha Chatterjee
- Madhavan releases 'Vikram Vedha' first poster
- Dhanush to reunite with 'Kodi' director
- 'Rangoon' role not based on anybody living or dead: Kangana
- 'Ghulaam' actor to be part of 'Nach Baliye 8'
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major