- Saifreena holidaying in Maldives'American Idol' is boring for Mariah CareyKhloe Karadashian ready for divorce?Suresh Raina shares honeymoon picsSidharth spending night with Alia,Mom Razdan reveals allInteresting facts about Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'List of Kangana Ranaut's boyfriendsWhen Sachin’s driving cause headache to AnjaliIs Rakhi obsessed with Sunny Leone? said, \'Leela ko geela kar dungi\'Ranveer's lady love feels proud of him!
Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said today he was pleased by Sepp Blatter's reelecti
Govt didn't spend anything on Sonia Gandhi's foreign trips and medical treatment: PMO Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 06:46:06 PM IST File Photo
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Friday rubbished the claim by Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi that Rs 1,880 crore were spent on overseas visits of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, saying it was "untrue and misleading".
The PMO underlined that the government had spent no money on Gandhi's overseas visits or her medical treatment abroad or in India.
"Media reports quoting certain quarters about massive expenses from the exchequer on UPA chairperson's overseas visits have been brought to the notice of the PMO. The reports quoting an expense of Rs 1,880 crore are untrue and misleading," the PMO said in a statement. It did not name Modi who had raked up the claim but was clearly referring to it.
"The central information commissioner has already denied these reports and made a statement," the statement said. "The Prime Minister's Office would like to put on record that the government has incurred no expenses on UPA chairperson's visits abroad. Expenses for her security contingent are borne by the Special Protection Group," it said.
The PMO said that during the last 8 years, only one trip to Belgium undertaken at the invitation of the Belgian Government to receive a national honour was paid for by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations. The total cost was less than Rs 3 lakhs. "It is further clarified that the government has not borne any expenses for UPA chairperson's medical treatment abroad and in India," the statement said.
Modi had made the claim citing an RTI reply but the RTI applicant had said the figure quoted by the Gujarat chief minister was grossly wrong.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Saif Ali, Kareena Kapoor Khan holidaying with family.
- 'American Idol' is boring for Mariah Carey
- Khloe Karadashian ready for divorce?
- Vidya Balan turns down offer
- Sidharth spending night with Alia,Mom Razdan reveals all
- Interesting facts about Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- List of Kangana Ranaut's boyfriends
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, surgery postponed
- Is Rakhi obsessed with Sunny Leone? said, 'Leela ko geela kar dungi'
Flight delays can make passengers grumpy but not when the pilot orders pizzas for them as
Announcing its India foray, Chinese handset maker Coolpad today said it will set up an ass