- Know all facts about MS DhoniIs Ranveer Singh a sex addict?Revealed:Shahid's marriage dressSee inside pics of Shahid\'s Kapoor\'s Sangeet ceremonyShahid\'s both moms and father pose togetherBollywood beauties with mothers in lawSee what Deepika doing on Ranveer's birthdayPankaj Udhas launched new albumJaved Akthar's family together in movie 'Chalk N Duster'Unknown facts about Ranveer Singh
Floyd Mayweather was Monday stripped by the World Boxing Organization of the welterweight
Govt didn't spend anything on Sonia Gandhi's foreign trips and medical treatment: PMO Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 06:46:06 PM IST File Photo
The Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Friday rubbished the claim by Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi that Rs 1,880 crore were spent on overseas visits of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, saying it was "untrue and misleading".
The PMO underlined that the government had spent no money on Gandhi's overseas visits or her medical treatment abroad or in India.
"Media reports quoting certain quarters about massive expenses from the exchequer on UPA chairperson's overseas visits have been brought to the notice of the PMO. The reports quoting an expense of Rs 1,880 crore are untrue and misleading," the PMO said in a statement. It did not name Modi who had raked up the claim but was clearly referring to it.
"The central information commissioner has already denied these reports and made a statement," the statement said. "The Prime Minister's Office would like to put on record that the government has incurred no expenses on UPA chairperson's visits abroad. Expenses for her security contingent are borne by the Special Protection Group," it said.
The PMO said that during the last 8 years, only one trip to Belgium undertaken at the invitation of the Belgian Government to receive a national honour was paid for by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations. The total cost was less than Rs 3 lakhs. "It is further clarified that the government has not borne any expenses for UPA chairperson's medical treatment abroad and in India," the statement said.
Modi had made the claim citing an RTI reply but the RTI applicant had said the figure quoted by the Gujarat chief minister was grossly wrong.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Superstar Aamir Khan's production house is searching for a fresh female face, who can sing
- Is Ranveer Singh a sex addict?
- Revealed:Shahid's marriage dress
- See inside pics of Shahid's Kapoor's Sangeet ceremony
- Shahid's both moms and father pose together
- Happy that same-sex marriages are being accepted: Delevingne
- Katy Perry rekindles romance with John Mayer?
- Kimberley Walsh will have eight bridesmaids
- Bollywood beauties with mothers in law
Mice that are exposed to the powerful smell of cat urine early in life do not avoid the sa
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe