- List of Kim Kardashian's hot looksWhy Taapsee Pannu finds Bollywood difficult for outsiders?Some memorable moments of IPL down the yearsSome hot moments on Indian televisionLesser known facts about Green TeaKourtney Kardashian goes nude for magazineIPL gets culinary supportBollywood\'s most embarrassing photoshootsEmma Willis doesn\'t borrow clothes from designers\'Avatar\' plagiarism suit rejected by appeals court
The Auditor-General of Pakistan is set to carry out an audit of the national hockey federa
Disproportionate assets case:SC denies bail to Jagan Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 03:22:54 PM IST file photo
YSR Congress leader and Member of Parliament Y S Jaganmohan Reddy will have to be in jail for some more time with the Supreme Court today dismissing his bail plea in the alleged multi-crore disproportionate assets case against him.
A bench of justices Aftab Alam and Ranjana Prakash Desai ruled that Jagan can apply for bail only after the CBI completes its investigation in all the seven other cases lodged against him.
"The contours are much larger," the bench observed while refusing to entertain the persistent plea of senior counsel Gopal Subramaniam, who appeared for Jagan. Responding to queries from the bench, the CBI said it would complete the investigation by March 31, 2013. However,it later told the bench that it would try to complete it much more expeditiously.
The apex court passed the order after Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Mohan Parasaran and senior counsel Ashok Bhan appearing for the CBI contended that Jagan cannot be granted bail as investigations were still underway in seven cases against him and letter rogatories have been issued to various countries as the cases have international ramifications.
Responding to queries from the bench, Parasaran said the total amount accumulated by Jagan and his associates, insofaras the four charge sheets have been filed, amounted to over Rs 3000 crore.He submitted it would not be proper to release Jagan at this stage as the case "is a very serious economic offence that is unparallelled. The accused is also known for his political prowess. The saga of investigations is still continuing."
"They are so influential that they can influence the witnesses even while being inside," the ASG said.Parasaran's argument, however, was countered by Subramaniam who said bail was a statutory right and Jagan was entitled to the same as otherwise it would violate his right under article 21 of the Constitution.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Cult Bollywood classic "Sholay", starring megastar Amitabh Bachchan and Dharmendra, hit th
- Salman in Kashmir for 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer released
- Judgement on Salman on Aprl 20th
- Asian Award for Shahrukh Khan
- PICS:Amitabh-Aish at the launch of Kalyan Jewellers
- I'm ready Salman, says this B-Wood actress
- Meet Pooja who messed with Sonakshi
- Review: Mr X a heavy-handed action fantasy
A research was done on people from Wasington and the result shows that the smell of sweat
Lenovo on Friday launched a slightly more powerful smartphone, the Lenovo A6000 Plus, pric