- Why these B-Wood celebs did not attend Arpita Khan\'s receptionAamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding receptionSRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's receptionCondoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nude
Fance's pole vault world record holder Renaud Lavillenie and New Zealand's unstoppable sh
Disproportionate assets case:SC denies bail to Jagan Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 03:22:54 PM IST file photo
YSR Congress leader and Member of Parliament Y S Jaganmohan Reddy will have to be in jail for some more time with the Supreme Court today dismissing his bail plea in the alleged multi-crore disproportionate assets case against him.
A bench of justices Aftab Alam and Ranjana Prakash Desai ruled that Jagan can apply for bail only after the CBI completes its investigation in all the seven other cases lodged against him.
"The contours are much larger," the bench observed while refusing to entertain the persistent plea of senior counsel Gopal Subramaniam, who appeared for Jagan. Responding to queries from the bench, the CBI said it would complete the investigation by March 31, 2013. However,it later told the bench that it would try to complete it much more expeditiously.
The apex court passed the order after Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Mohan Parasaran and senior counsel Ashok Bhan appearing for the CBI contended that Jagan cannot be granted bail as investigations were still underway in seven cases against him and letter rogatories have been issued to various countries as the cases have international ramifications.
Responding to queries from the bench, Parasaran said the total amount accumulated by Jagan and his associates, insofaras the four charge sheets have been filed, amounted to over Rs 3000 crore.He submitted it would not be proper to release Jagan at this stage as the case "is a very serious economic offence that is unparallelled. The accused is also known for his political prowess. The saga of investigations is still continuing."
"They are so influential that they can influence the witnesses even while being inside," the ASG said.Parasaran's argument, however, was countered by Subramaniam who said bail was a statutory right and Jagan was entitled to the same as otherwise it would violate his right under article 21 of the Constitution.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
we tell you who were the Bollywood stars whose absence created speculations
- I love coming to India: Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Aamir and Deepika in Karan Johar film?
- SRK, Salman candid moments at Arpita's wedding reception
- Rajinikanth skips Kochadaiyaan's screening at IFFI
- Why Aamir Khan missed Arpita's wedding reception
- SRK dances on 'Chaiyya Chaiyya' with Salman at Arpita's reception
- Ranbir happy Salman called Katrina Mrs Kapoor
- Deepika named Katrin as talented star
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.