- AICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaarFriends and Friendship in BollywoodFriendship Day 2015 wallpapers and imagesShahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shootBipasha sizzles in bikini at MaldivesHow romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewell
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
Cauvery water dispute:Protests in Karnataka,Yeddyurappa plans protest march Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 12:36:03 PM IST Cauvery water dispute:Protests in Karnataka,Yeddyurappa plans protest march
Protests over the Cauvery water dispute gained momentum on Friday as former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa began a rally in Bangalore against Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's directive to the state 9,000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu daily.
Moreover,several Kannada outfits are planning several high-voltage rallies in the city even as the state government briefed a Central team on the water storage levels in reservoirs.
Yeddyurappa began a day-long dharna against the Prime Minister-chaired Cauvery River Authority's order to Karnataka to release 9,000 cusecs of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu daily.
Chief Secretary S V Ranganath and senior officials of Water Resources and Agriculture Ministries explained to the four-member team on the water storage levels in reservoirs in the backdrop of deficient rainfall and drinking water requirements of Bangalore.
The four-member team later left for Mysore to study the situation in the Cauvery basin. They are slated to visit Krishna Raja Sagara dam and Hemavathi river besides aerial suvey of Kabini and Harangi rivers.Karnataka Rakshna Vedike is holding a procession from national college grounds to Freedom Park.
JD is also organising a separate procession in the city to protest the CRA ruling.The protests, largely confined to Cauvery basin districts so far, are likely to lead to traffic snarls in parts of Bangalore today, police warned.
DMK chief M Karunanidhi expressed concern on safety of Tamils living in Karnataka in view of the October 6 bandh called by various organisations in that state protesting release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu..
In a letter to party workers, he also slammed Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for not involving the opposition to discuss the situation even as her Karnataka counterpart Jagadish Shettar had convened all-party meeting thrice.
He claimed that the bandh call had been given in that state due to the ruling AIADMK's attitude of "treating neighbouring states also like Opposition parties," and subsequent souring of relations.
"The situation is Tamils who have gone there to earn their livelihood are frozen in fear (over the Bandh) even as buses are not plying between the two states," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood newbird Kirti Sanon turned a sporty bride for designer Monisha Jaising at the on
- Friends and Friendship in Bollywood
- Watch Katrina in Phantom's new song 'Afghan Jalebi'
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
- Madhur, Aditi Hydari to dazzle the ramp at IIJW
- A Pak girl crosses border to meet Salman-Sharukh, BB style
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that