- Train To Busan movie reviewKnow more about Parineeti ChopraHow to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016
The 23-member strong delegation comprising experts from world football governing body FIFA
Wife of Kingfisher employee commits suicide due to non payment of salaries Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 10:27:04 AM IST Wife of Kingfisher employee commits suicide due to non payment of salaries
This is the condition of employees of ailing Kingfisher airlines, people are facing acute financial crisis at the time of high inflation .The airline, which is controlled by liquor baron Vijay Mallya and has never turned a profit and was facing financial crisis for many years.
Sources said the management offered the March salary to the employees and promised to pay the remaining six months salary once the airline is recapitalised. This offer was rejected by the employees for the second time in two days.
About 100 Kingfisher employees, including engineers and pilots, took out a candle light march from domestic airport in Mumbai to Kingfisher house to mourn the death of Susmita, the wife of Manas Chakarvarti, a technician with the airline.
Kingfisher Airline CEO Sanjay Agarwal and Executive Vice President Hitesh Patel met Delhi-based staff, including engineers and pilots, to convince them to rejoin duty.
Susmita Chakarvarti (45), the wife of Manas Chakarvarti who is a ground staff in Kingfisher Airlines, was found hanging from the ceiling in her DDA flat in south-west Delhi's Manglapuri at around 1:30 PM.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead.A suicide note purportedly written by her was recovered from the spot in which she spoke of being under financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
"In the note, she said that her husband has not got salary for the past four-five months and that she was unable to cope up with the situation," A K Ojha, Additional Commissioner of Police (South-West), told .The body has been sent for postmortem.
In her suicide note, Susmita said her husband and son are "very caring" and she loved them."My husband works with Kingfisher and they have not paid him salary for the last six months. We are in acute financial crisis and I am committing suicide," the note said.
It was neighbours who found that she had committed suicide after Manas informed them.The husband called her and she did not respond. Then he asked neighbours to check. The neighbours then found her hanging," a senior police official said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director Yeon Sang-Ho's "Train To Busan" isn't a just mindless, zombie horror film. In fac
- Akshay releases first look of 'Gold'
- Video: Parineeti rings in birthday with fans
- Know more about Parineeti Chopra
- Award-winning Swachh Bharat short films to be screened at IFFI
- Vidhu Vinod Chopra lauds Aamir Khan for 'Dangal'
- 'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in years
- Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'
- Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healed
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel