- Tips to stay healthy this DiwaliUnseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and familyIs Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final nowGauhar Khan: The new Bigg BossBollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband DanielIn PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil SanghaJacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debutMeet Jhanvi Kapoor and Suhana Khan\'s best friendAjay Devgn comes to Kajol\'s rescue
Two-time Grand Slam winner Andy Murray continues his bid to reach the ATP World Tour Fin
Wife of Kingfisher employee commits suicide due to non payment of salaries Last Updated : 05 Oct 2012 10:27:04 AM IST Wife of Kingfisher employee commits suicide due to non payment of salaries
This is the condition of employees of ailing Kingfisher airlines, people are facing acute financial crisis at the time of high inflation .The airline, which is controlled by liquor baron Vijay Mallya and has never turned a profit and was facing financial crisis for many years.
Sources said the management offered the March salary to the employees and promised to pay the remaining six months salary once the airline is recapitalised. This offer was rejected by the employees for the second time in two days.
About 100 Kingfisher employees, including engineers and pilots, took out a candle light march from domestic airport in Mumbai to Kingfisher house to mourn the death of Susmita, the wife of Manas Chakarvarti, a technician with the airline.
Kingfisher Airline CEO Sanjay Agarwal and Executive Vice President Hitesh Patel met Delhi-based staff, including engineers and pilots, to convince them to rejoin duty.
Susmita Chakarvarti (45), the wife of Manas Chakarvarti who is a ground staff in Kingfisher Airlines, was found hanging from the ceiling in her DDA flat in south-west Delhi's Manglapuri at around 1:30 PM.
She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead.A suicide note purportedly written by her was recovered from the spot in which she spoke of being under financial stress due to non-payment of salary to her husband.
"In the note, she said that her husband has not got salary for the past four-five months and that she was unable to cope up with the situation," A K Ojha, Additional Commissioner of Police (South-West), told .The body has been sent for postmortem.
In her suicide note, Susmita said her husband and son are "very caring" and she loved them."My husband works with Kingfisher and they have not paid him salary for the last six months. We are in acute financial crisis and I am committing suicide," the note said.
It was neighbours who found that she had committed suicide after Manas informed them.The husband called her and she did not respond. Then he asked neighbours to check. The neighbours then found her hanging," a senior police official said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan has faced many ups and downs in his glorious career bu
- 'Dhoom 3' becomes highest grossing foreign film in Australia
- Unseen pics of Sunny Deol with mother and family
- Is Sonali Raut secretly in love with this mystery man?
- Salman's 2015 and 2016 Eid releases final now
- Gauhar Khan: The new Bigg Boss
- Bollywood calling for Sunny Leone's husband Daniel
- In PICS: Dia Mirza weds Sahil Sangha
- Jacqueline Fernandez follows Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz for Hollywood debut
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country