- What next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting SussanneSonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfieDeepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman KhanWhy Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two monthsSRK ignored Salman\'s invitation to attend \'Bigg Boss 8\'
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Who will bring back black money? Last Updated : 29 Jan 2011 06:35:10 PM IST Samay Focus: Black Money
Indian money is parked in various countries. This amount is so big that it can easily take care of our debt. It is 12-13 times our debt. Many countries such as America, Britain and Italy are struggling with this problem. Some countries have also succeeded in getting back a part of amount but India so far has got nothing.
This week Samay's issue of the Muhim is black money.
The government’s lackadaisical attitude is cited as the chief reason that we are unable to get our money back. Supreme Court has taken a very serious note of it and has expressed its displeasure with the government initiatives in this direction till now.
According a report this amount is about 1.4 trillion dollar. Prime Minister Man Mohan Singh has got riddance of the issue by saying that names of those who have stashed fund in foreign countries can not be disclosed. He sees no fast mechanism by which the money can be brought back.
Pranab Mukerji, the Finance Minister talks of setting up Committee which would collect information on black money. He also promises to set up eight income tax cell and Tax Information Cell.
According to Mukerji government is formulating policy to combat this menace and talk to this effect has already begun with many countries.
According an estimate there are 40 such countries other than Switzerland where Indian money is parked. Such banks allow parking of fund and swear by the rule of secrecy. This suits our corrupt fellows eminently.
The whole matter of black money began to hog headlines in the year 2008 when a German bank gave a list of names of 26 persons to government of India. As usual, Govt sat on the list. BJP raked the issue in 2008 election and trio of Ram Jethmalani, K P S Gill and Subhash Kashyap filed a PIL in the court. It was said in PIL that an amount of Rs 70 lakh crores were deposited in foreign banks between 2002 to 2006.
The black money is being sent to foreign countries right under the nose of government. The lack of will on the part of govt is responsible for huge loss of common India.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow praised her estranged husband Chris Martin by calling him father o
- What next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racket
- When Deepika Padukone dated Upen Patel
- Rang Rasiya’ lauds freedom of expression: Mehta
- Akshay Kumar rocks in 'Ishq Kutta Hai'
- Dev Patel to star with Nicole Kidman in 'Lion'
- Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year surpasses 200 Crore Mark Worldwide
- Review in pics: Super Nani
- Aamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand