- Hema Malini\'s daughter Ahana Deol\'s Baby Shower ceremonySunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girlsSee Deepika Padukone what men want!See Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor's roka cermony!Interesting Facts about Meena Kumari 'The Tragedy Queen'Watch \'Kuch Kuch Locha Hai\' trailerSalman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaultedWhy Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
India's legendary sprinter Milkha Singh on Wednesday said that doping is like cancer and g
Minimum Wages under MGNREGA demanded Last Updated : 19 Jan 2011 09:11:08 PM IST MGNREGA logo file photo.
In a consultation on minimum wages organized by the Bandhua Mukti Morcha in collaboration with the Planning Commission and NMML in New Delhi on Tuesday and Wednesday , there was overwhelming consensus on the sanctity of Minimum Wages.
Speakers included Justice Shah, Aruna Roy, Harsh Mander, Sitaram Yechury, Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Harish Rawat, Jayati Ghosh, B.D. Sharma, D Raja, Swamy Agnivesh, and Prashant Bhushan Justice Shah established that repeated Supreme Court judgments elevated the statutory right of Minimum wages to the status of Constitutional and fundamental rights. Therefore Minimum Wages are inviolable.
He also made it clear that the notification of the MoRD freezing the MGNREGA wage rate, and the recent decision of the Central Government to delink MGNREGA wages from the provisions of the minimum wages act was in his opinion clearly unconstitutional.
Professor Jayati Ghosh demolished the economic argument advanced by much of the government for undermining minimum wages that high wages were leading to unviable labor costs for farmers, and other enterprises. However while labor cost has gone up marginally, the real squeeze for the farmer was the rising input cost (seeds, fertilizer, diesel)-prices of which are very much in control by the government. Further the marginal rise in labor costs has been eclipsed by the growth in GDP.
Montek Singh from the Planning Commission stated only that the government must abide by the law, and interpretation of law must finally rest with the Courts. However he declined to comment on the continuing contempt of court by the Government of India in the Andhra High Court.
From the left parties, Mr. Sitaram Yechury and D. Raja reasserted and assured the participants of the support of their parties both within and outside Parliament.
Swamy Agnivesh said that the current minimum wage policy was irrational and a scientific and rational basis must be defined.
Union Minister of State for Labour Mr Harish Rawat said that the Labour upholds the sanctity of Minimum Wages as also stated to in their note to the NAC, and all the suggestions for strengthening labour laws, including the Minimum Wages Act will be taken up by the Ministry.
Post Your Comment (1 posted): Written by Dharmender Singh about 4 years, 2 months, 8 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes, 2 seconds ago
no knowlese of rural area about NREGA Gramin janta ko NREGA ke bare me jagrook karne ki aavsyakta h Varna NREGA ka aim poora nahi hoga
Hold your breath. We are going to show you a very hot pic of Sunny. Have you seen Sunny se
- Why Deepika's My Choice video may just a publicity stunt?
- PICS:Sonakshi showing her bare legs
- Women empowerment more than just sex
- Meet sexy Southern hottie Raai Laxmi making her B-Wood debut
- Sonam Kapoor bares her breasts, see pics
- Watch Video: Sunny Leone in boldest avatar ever
- Hema Malini's daughter Ahana Deol's Baby Shower ceremony
- Sunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girls
Some ants on the streets of Manhattan have developed a taste for junk food, offering insig
Google is releasing its cheapest Chromebook laptops yet, two versions priced at USD 149 ai