- 10 B-Town kids with unique namesKerala celebrates EasterSRK teaches Lungi dance to Brett RatnerYRF to distribute Salman's 'Tubelight' overseas'Begum Jaan': It's no 'Mandi', but an experienceVolvo launches its fastest car, PolestarBangladesh celebrates Pohela BoishakhPICS: Modi prays at Deekshabhoomi'Raabta' first look: Sushant, Kirti look adorableAssam celebrates Rongali Bihu
Indian star Rohan Bopanna and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas defeated the Spanish team
Makar Sankranti festival begins with SMS wishes Last Updated : 14 Jan 2011 09:29:01 AM IST Happy Makar Sankranti 2011
Makar Sankranti festival is being observed across the country with great festivity on Friday.
According to the astrologers, Makar Sankranti 2011 will be observed on January 15 as the transition of Sun into Makar Rashi will begin in the Friday.
However, Sadhus and Saints are celebrating Makar Sankranti on Friday with taking holy dip in river Ganges.
The Makar Sankaranti is also known as the beginning of Uttarayana, a celestial phenomenon in which earth moves towards the sun.
The Sankranti festival is celebrated with various names. Tamil Nadu celebrates Sankranti as Pongal while Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka observe it as Bhogi 2011. Other festival during Makar Sankranti are Kanuma 2011 (Jan 16) and Mukkanuma 2011 (Jan 17).
On this occasion, people take Makar Sankranri snan in North India. A holy dip in river Ganga is believed to be auspicious ritual on Sankranti festival.
With the Makar Sankranti, the famous Magh Mela begins in Allahabad. Thousands of devotees thronged in Allahabad, Varanasi and Haridwar to take holi dip in River Ganga.
In North India, the day is also known for kite festival. On this occasion, search engine giant has also dedicated its famous doodle to Makar Sankranti. Google has designed its doodle with different kinds of kites.
Samaylive team wishes Happy Makar Sankranti to all of its valuable readers.
Here are some Makar Sankranti SMS to exchange greetings.
TIL hum hai, aur GUL aap,
MITHAI hum hai aur MITHAS aap,
SAAL k pahale tyohar se ho rahi aaj SHURUWAT.
Aap ko hamari taraf se ” HAPPY MAKAR SANKRANT”
Bajare ki roti,
nimbu ka achar,
suraj ki kirne,
chand ki chandani aur apno ka pyaar.
Har jeevan ho khushal MUBARAK HO AAPKO
“MAKAR SANKRANTI KA TYOHAR”
It’s so pleasant!
Sun Smiling For you…
Trees Dancing for you…
Birds singing for you…
Because I requested them All to wish You
HAPPY MAKAR SANKRANT!
Tan mein masti
Mann mein umang.
Dekar sabko apnapan
Gud mein jaise meethapan.
Hokar saath hum Udayen PATANG
Aur bhar len aakash mein apne rang.
Happy Makar Sankranti!
Meethe gud main mul gaya til,
Udi patang aur khil gaya dil,
Har pal sukh aur hardin shanti
aap ke liya Happy Makar Sankranti.
Mandir ki ghanti, Arti ki thali,
Nadi k kinare suraj ki lali,
Jindige me aye khushiyo ki bahar,
Apko mubarak ho sankrant ka tyohar.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and celebrity hairstylist Adhuna Bhabani, who were married f
- Shah Rukh Khan on way to Vancouver
- Stuntmen should get equal respect at award shows: Akshay Kumar
- Esha Deol expecting first child, Hema Malini overjoyed
- Aamir attends award function for Lata Mangeshkar
- 'Baahubali 2' will make filmmakers feel like serial directors: RGV
- Shraddha ages in 'Haseena...'
- Stars wish Varun Dhawan on birthday
- Google honours Kannada superstar Rajkumar with doodle
Indian Man Kaur, 101, won the 100 metres sprint at the World Masters Games here on Monday.
Owing to the complications in adding edge-to-edge screen for their new upgrades, Apple's i