- Pics: Mahashivaratri,TV celebs on how Lord Shiva inspires themMovie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'Many Controversies of Sofia HayatWhy Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called offAnushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'How to look gorgeous beyond 30sSushant begins preparation for 'Chanda Mama Door Ke'Deepika's Hollywood debut mints over $300 mn worldwide'Jolly LLB 2' enters 100 crore clubAkshay, Bhumi wrap 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha'
Elite Kenyan runners competing at the Tokyo marathon on Sunday will be targeting two bir
Woman dies of swine flu in Hyderabad IANS Last Updated : 10 Jan 2017 04:25:06 PM IST (File Photo)
One more person died of swine flu in Telangana, taking the death toll to six since August 2016, a health official said.
A 35-year-old woman died at government-run Gandhi Hospital here. The woman from Yadadri district, who was admitted to the hospital a few days ago, died on Sunday but this was confirmed by the authorities on Tuesday.
According to health officials, a total of 2,762 samples were tested from August 1, 2016 to January 7. Out of these, 112 samples were found positive.
The maximum number of cases (50) were reported from Ranga Reddy district while Hyderabad accounted for 40 cases.
Doctors said since the winter season might continue for another month, people should take all precautions.
The health department has advised people to approach the hospital at the first symptoms of swine flu like high fever, sneezing, cough and body pain.
It asked hospitals to isolate people having symptoms of swine flu and send their samples to Institute of Preventive Medicine (IPM).
If patients are unwilling to get admitted to private hospitals, they have been asked to shift them to Gandhi Hospital, which is the nodal centre for swine flu for the entire state.
Officials said that sufficient stock of medicines was available at all teaching hospitals, district and area hospitals.
"There are enough testing kits and kits for Viral Transport Medium (VTM). IPM is also providing free testing services to all in-patients from private hospitals," said an official statement.
Homeopathic medicines can also be taken as a precautionary measure. These medicines were available free of cost in government homeopathic hospitals, Ramanthapur in Hyderabad and at all AYUSH dispensaries.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Popular TV celebs like Helly Shah, Niti Taylor and Roop Durgapal consider Lord Shiva as a
- Movie review: little Sunny completely overshadows Dev Patel in 'Lion'
- Many Controversies of Sofia Hayat
- WhatsUp: Here is the first wedding song of 2017
- Why Akhil Akkineni's destination wedding called off
- Asha Bhosle looking forward to Delhi concert
- Anushka to connect with fans via WhatsApp for 'Phillauri'
- 'Jolly LLB 3' confirmed, say makers
- 'Lion' to be specially screened for underprivileged kids
It is not the brain that determines whether a person is a lefty or a righty, but the spina
Emphasising on building a gaming ecosystem in India, printing and personal computer major