- Mercury remains below freezing in HimachalWhy Javed Akhtar still rules the roost at this ageWhy people love Dangal girl ZairaDiljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero filmMeet partners in crime of Mrs FunnybonesKaranAyushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'SRK to appear on Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'Film fest in Delhi pays homage to Om PuriPics: 'Miss Sloane' to release in India on February 3
The Indian U-17 football World Cup team lost 0-1 against Iran in the Granatkin Tournament
Woman dies of swine flu in Hyderabad IANS Last Updated : 10 Jan 2017 04:25:06 PM IST (File Photo)
One more person died of swine flu in Telangana, taking the death toll to six since August 2016, a health official said.
A 35-year-old woman died at government-run Gandhi Hospital here. The woman from Yadadri district, who was admitted to the hospital a few days ago, died on Sunday but this was confirmed by the authorities on Tuesday.
According to health officials, a total of 2,762 samples were tested from August 1, 2016 to January 7. Out of these, 112 samples were found positive.
The maximum number of cases (50) were reported from Ranga Reddy district while Hyderabad accounted for 40 cases.
Doctors said since the winter season might continue for another month, people should take all precautions.
The health department has advised people to approach the hospital at the first symptoms of swine flu like high fever, sneezing, cough and body pain.
It asked hospitals to isolate people having symptoms of swine flu and send their samples to Institute of Preventive Medicine (IPM).
If patients are unwilling to get admitted to private hospitals, they have been asked to shift them to Gandhi Hospital, which is the nodal centre for swine flu for the entire state.
Officials said that sufficient stock of medicines was available at all teaching hospitals, district and area hospitals.
"There are enough testing kits and kits for Viral Transport Medium (VTM). IPM is also providing free testing services to all in-patients from private hospitals," said an official statement.
Homeopathic medicines can also be taken as a precautionary measure. These medicines were available free of cost in government homeopathic hospitals, Ramanthapur in Hyderabad and at all AYUSH dispensaries.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Ever wondered why veteran lyricist still remains a favourite of leading Bollywood names ev
- Pics: Why people love Dangal girl Zaira
- Diljit Dosanjh to star in Punjabi superhero film
- Films that didn't work affected me immensely: Vidya
- Meet partners in crime of Mrs Funnybones
- Indian actor Sunny Pawar meets Barack Obama
- Karan "An Unsuitable Boy"
- Zaira, you are a role model for me: Aamir
- Ayushmann, Bhumi in Hindi remake of 'Kalyana Samayal Saadham'
When "Kaa" the hypnotic, yellowish Indian Rock Python hisses and casts a spell on Mowgli i
Samsung India on Tuesday announced the launch of its new smartphone powerhouse 'Galaxy C9