- Hema Malini\'s daughter Ahana Deol\'s Baby Shower ceremonySunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girlsSee Deepika Padukone what men want!See Mira Rajput and Shahid Kapoor's roka cermony!Interesting Facts about Meena Kumari 'The Tragedy Queen'Watch \'Kuch Kuch Locha Hai\' trailerSalman Khan’s ex -flame Somy Ali sexually assaultedWhy Katrina-Ranbir starrer Jagga Jasoos is getting delayedDeepika to decide if she wants to have sex before or after marriageHema malini and Dharmendra all set to become nana-nani
India's legendary sprinter Milkha Singh on Wednesday said that doping is like cancer and g
Breakthrough in sight for cataract treatment Last Updated : 02 Mar 2013 03:49:32 PM IST
Scientists have made a discovery about the shape of the eye that could boost the effectiveness of human-made lenses used in cataract operations.
Research carried out by Professor Barbara Pierscionek and a team of fellow vision experts at London's Kingston University suggests that the way proteins are distributed in the lens of the eye may cause its gradient to be steppedrather than smooth as previously thought.
The finding could give a new insight into the way the eye grows and lead to major improvements in synthetic lenses used
in surgery to treat patients who have developed cataracts. Artificial replacements did not currently match the quality of real ones, Pierscionek said. "However this research could help give patients better vision if manufacturers use it to develop an improved lens able to change focus," she said in a statement.
Cataracts can occur at any age, but often develop as people get older. Smoking and UV radiation are thought to be causes and they can also occur in people with diseases such as diabetes.
The condition may gradually make vision more blurred and make it difficult to see in poor light. Treatment usually involves replacing the affected lens with an artificial one. Pierscionek carried out much of her most recent research at Japan's Spring-8 synchrotron facility - home of the world's largest third generation synchrotron.
It accelerates electrons close to the speed of light to generate X-rays and other beams. "These X-rays can penetrate parts of the body and soft tissue better than other forms of radiation. This allows engineers and scientists to look deeply into anything from metal to bacteria," Pierscionek said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hold your breath. We are going to show you a very hot pic of Sunny. Have you seen Sunny se
- Why Deepika's My Choice video may just a publicity stunt?
- PICS:Sonakshi showing her bare legs
- Women empowerment more than just sex
- Meet sexy Southern hottie Raai Laxmi making her B-Wood debut
- Sonam Kapoor bares her breasts, see pics
- Watch Video: Sunny Leone in boldest avatar ever
- Hema Malini's daughter Ahana Deol's Baby Shower ceremony
- Sunny's husband Daniel Weber was seen dancing with bikini girls
Some ants on the streets of Manhattan have developed a taste for junk food, offering insig
Google is releasing its cheapest Chromebook laptops yet, two versions priced at USD 149 ai