- Aishwarya Rai finally ready to work with Salman Khan?Dasara fest begins at Mysuru amid tight securityAnything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha DhupiaDhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening dayControversial statements by Salman KhanM.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story: Sushant is brilliant, the film is notHypertension may affect cognitive skills in childrenFive simple ways to keep weight in checkDevotees worship Goddess Shailputri on Day 1Guess who is Alia dating?
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Nanotechnology research in Jamia Last Updated : 18 May 2010 09:32:35 AM IST
New Delhi: The Jamia Milia Islamia will carry out advanced research in nanotechnology, the only university in the country to do so, a university statement said Monday.
Given the growing applications of nanotechnology, the varsity has been given Rs.8 crore (Rs.80 million) government funding for carrying out two projects in the field.
The 91-year-old Jamia, which runs over 200 courses, will not only be the first university to carry out research in "Synthesising Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes" but also the only institution in the country to carry out research in nanotechnology, said the statement.
The funds sanctioned by the Department of Information Technology will be used by the varsity's physics department and applied sciences department. The varsity runs an M.Tech programme in nanotechnology.
The university has been doing cutting edge research in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology and in recognition of that it has already been awarded a project on Carbon Nanotubes by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the university said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (2 posted): Written by Ad about 6 years, 4 months, 10 days, 9 hours, 8 minutes, 2 seconds ago
plz mak it e z
Written by S.A.Seetha Ram Ph.D about 6 years, 3 months, 13 days, 7 hours, 50 minutes, 26 seconds ago
Dear Sir, Please don't make such absurd claims.IISc., Bangalore, some of the IITs and many universities in South India,similarly University of Mumbai are some of the institutions in our country which are leading the Nano science and technology research during the last several years. Besides some of them offer M.Tech degree in Nanotechnology!
This is too tough to be true, but our sources suggest that Aishwwarya Rai has no problem w
- Anupam Kher to play politician in 'Welcome Back Gandhi'
- Anything on internet won't be on '#NoFilterNeha': Neha Dhupia
- Prakash Jha to launch song 'Ek muthi asman' for NALSA
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Dhoni crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- Controversial statements by Salman Khan
- Salman Khan should migrate to Pakistan, says Shiv Sena
- Relative files complaint against actor Nawazuddin
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret