- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities refused to investigate ban on
Nanotechnology research in Jamia Last Updated : 18 May 2010 09:32:35 AM IST
New Delhi: The Jamia Milia Islamia will carry out advanced research in nanotechnology, the only university in the country to do so, a university statement said Monday.
Given the growing applications of nanotechnology, the varsity has been given Rs.8 crore (Rs.80 million) government funding for carrying out two projects in the field.
The 91-year-old Jamia, which runs over 200 courses, will not only be the first university to carry out research in "Synthesising Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes" but also the only institution in the country to carry out research in nanotechnology, said the statement.
The funds sanctioned by the Department of Information Technology will be used by the varsity's physics department and applied sciences department. The varsity runs an M.Tech programme in nanotechnology.
The university has been doing cutting edge research in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology and in recognition of that it has already been awarded a project on Carbon Nanotubes by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the university said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (2 posted): Written by Ad about 6 years, 5 months, 2 days, 6 hours, 8 minutes, 25 seconds ago
plz mak it e z
Written by S.A.Seetha Ram Ph.D about 6 years, 4 months, 5 days, 4 hours, 50 minutes, 49 seconds ago
Dear Sir, Please don't make such absurd claims.IISc., Bangalore, some of the IITs and many universities in South India,similarly University of Mumbai are some of the institutions in our country which are leading the Nano science and technology research during the last several years. Besides some of them offer M.Tech degree in Nanotechnology!
Veteran actress Shabana Azmi has slammed Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for
- First look of Baahubali 2 unvelied at MAMI
- I have not taken a penny for 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- My role in 'Sarkar 3' is small but important: Manoj Bajpai
- No skin show or liplocks in 'Ae Dil...': Aishwarya
- Producers 'thank' cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil...' release
- MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil...'
- 'My Father Iqbal': Does not rise to expectations
- Train To Busan movie review
Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Tejaswi Yadav has received 44,000 marriage proposals on a What
When Google launched artificial intelligence (AI)-powered premium devices Pixel and Pixel