- PICS:Have a look at Rihanna’s Met Gala outfitThats how Salman turned \'\'Being Human\'\'Not only Salman there are other Bollywood celebs also who messed with the lawSalman\'s sister Arpita thanks fans for support on \'big\' dayShah Rukh Khan visits Salman's Galaxy Apartments to meet himMumbai beat Delhi by 5 wkts to jump to 4th spotSalman Khan declared guilty in the Hit and Run caseSunny Leon's most desirable womanAditi Rao Hydari\'s sexy bikini avtaar on GQRanbir, Anushka jazz up 'Bombay Velvet' promotions
Yuki Bhambri on Monday in New Delhi broke back into the top-200 after 15 months, thanks to
Nanotechnology research in Jamia Last Updated : 18 May 2010 09:32:35 AM IST
New Delhi: The Jamia Milia Islamia will carry out advanced research in nanotechnology, the only university in the country to do so, a university statement said Monday.
Given the growing applications of nanotechnology, the varsity has been given Rs.8 crore (Rs.80 million) government funding for carrying out two projects in the field.
The 91-year-old Jamia, which runs over 200 courses, will not only be the first university to carry out research in "Synthesising Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes" but also the only institution in the country to carry out research in nanotechnology, said the statement.
The funds sanctioned by the Department of Information Technology will be used by the varsity's physics department and applied sciences department. The varsity runs an M.Tech programme in nanotechnology.
The university has been doing cutting edge research in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology and in recognition of that it has already been awarded a project on Carbon Nanotubes by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the university said.
Post Your Comment (2 posted): Written by Ad about 4 years, 11 months, 15 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes, 22 seconds ago
plz mak it e z
Written by S.A.Seetha Ram Ph.D about 4 years, 10 months, 18 days, 45 minutes, 46 seconds ago
Dear Sir, Please don't make such absurd claims.IISc., Bangalore, some of the IITs and many universities in South India,similarly University of Mumbai are some of the institutions in our country which are leading the Nano science and technology research during the last several years. Besides some of them offer M.Tech degree in Nanotechnology!
"Humari police humesha late aati hai aur galat insaan ko hi arrest karti hai," superstar S
- #SalmanVerdict trending on Twitter
- PICS:Have a look at Rihanna’s Met Gala outfit
- Thats how Salman turned ''Being Human''
- Salman Khan hit and run case: For victims, only compensation matters
- Bollywood sympathises with Salman after court's verdict
- Not only Salman there are other Bollywood celebs also who messed with the law
- Salman convicted of all charges in hit-and-run case
- Salman Khan hit-and-run case:Chronology
In a first, a sub-inspector posted at Kanpur Dehat district has sent his resignation via W
Finding itself on the wrong side of Net Neutrality debate, Facebook today made its Interne