- Images: Lisa Haydon has a huge crush on Akshay Kumar?New house for \'Bigg Boss 8\' contestantsWhat makes \'Ungli\' such a special film?Salman Khan vows to get 10 pack abs after fake abs allegationInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor\'s houseKatrina Kaif\'s Rs 1 crore gift watch to RanbirAlia, Kriti or Huma-who will be Chetan\'s half girlfriend?Celebs at GQ Men of The Year Awards, view picsRanbir Kapoor was a drug addictRanbir-Deepika togeher again?
Indian women’s hockey team put up a determined effort before going down to a superior So
Nanotechnology research in Jamia Last Updated : 18 May 2010 09:32:35 AM IST
New Delhi: The Jamia Milia Islamia will carry out advanced research in nanotechnology, the only university in the country to do so, a university statement said Monday.
Given the growing applications of nanotechnology, the varsity has been given Rs.8 crore (Rs.80 million) government funding for carrying out two projects in the field.
The 91-year-old Jamia, which runs over 200 courses, will not only be the first university to carry out research in "Synthesising Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes" but also the only institution in the country to carry out research in nanotechnology, said the statement.
The funds sanctioned by the Department of Information Technology will be used by the varsity's physics department and applied sciences department. The varsity runs an M.Tech programme in nanotechnology.
The university has been doing cutting edge research in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology and in recognition of that it has already been awarded a project on Carbon Nanotubes by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the university said.
Post Your Comment (2 posted): Written by Ad about 4 years, 4 months, 8 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes, 48 seconds ago
plz mak it e z
Written by S.A.Seetha Ram Ph.D about 4 years, 3 months, 11 days, 18 hours, 49 minutes, 12 seconds ago
Dear Sir, Please don't make such absurd claims.IISc., Bangalore, some of the IITs and many universities in South India,similarly University of Mumbai are some of the institutions in our country which are leading the Nano science and technology research during the last several years. Besides some of them offer M.Tech degree in Nanotechnology!
See the sexy side of Shraddha Kapoor in 'Ungli'
- 'Bang Bang' to hit more than 4500 screens
- OMG! Soha will not marry for another five years
- Bigg Boss 8: Gautam abused Karishma
- Bad dress sense in Bollywood
- Model-actress Archana commits suicide, see pics
- Images: Lisa Haydon has a huge crush on Akshay Kumar?
- New house for 'Bigg Boss 8' contestants
- What makes 'Ungli' such a special film?
A class 12th student, identified as Maqsood, was mauled by a white tiger at Delhi Zoo on T
BlackBerry on Monday launched its new smartphone BalckBerry Passport for Rs 49, 990 in Ind