- Review Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, SoorajNo pressure to get married: Gauhar KhanUrvashi did mistake againKatrina Kaif is under no pressureIs Puli a match to Bahubali?
Reigning world tennis champion Novak Djokovic became a new goodwill ambassador for the UN
Nanotechnology research in Jamia Last Updated : 18 May 2010 09:32:35 AM IST
New Delhi: The Jamia Milia Islamia will carry out advanced research in nanotechnology, the only university in the country to do so, a university statement said Monday.
Given the growing applications of nanotechnology, the varsity has been given Rs.8 crore (Rs.80 million) government funding for carrying out two projects in the field.
The 91-year-old Jamia, which runs over 200 courses, will not only be the first university to carry out research in "Synthesising Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes" but also the only institution in the country to carry out research in nanotechnology, said the statement.
The funds sanctioned by the Department of Information Technology will be used by the varsity's physics department and applied sciences department. The varsity runs an M.Tech programme in nanotechnology.
The university has been doing cutting edge research in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology and in recognition of that it has already been awarded a project on Carbon Nanotubes by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the university said.
Post Your Comment (2 posted): Written by Ad about 5 years, 3 months, 7 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes, 36 seconds ago
plz mak it e z
Written by S.A.Seetha Ram Ph.D about 5 years, 2 months, 10 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes ago
Dear Sir, Please don't make such absurd claims.IISc., Bangalore, some of the IITs and many universities in South India,similarly University of Mumbai are some of the institutions in our country which are leading the Nano science and technology research during the last several years. Besides some of them offer M.Tech degree in Nanotechnology!
We tell you ten reasons to watch Phantom, a must see this week-end.
- Saif Ali does not want Kareena to suffer
- Why Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon
- Haven't re-shot anything for 'Jagga Jasoos': Katrina Kaif
- 'Phantom' tweet review
- Let’s know about the celebs through their tattoos
- You will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, Sooraj
- No pressure to get married: Gauhar Khan
- I don't like the tag of comedy: Rajpal Yadav
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.