- Tanu weds Manu takes box office by stormFirst look of 'Bombairiya' unveiledSalman has Hollywood offer from SylvesterPamela Anderson ready to date guys againEva Green ditched her natural hairSofia's ex seek custody of embryosWhy Cara Delevingne is angry?Old foes MI, CSK to meet in IPL finalPamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Nanotechnology research in Jamia Last Updated : 18 May 2010 09:32:35 AM IST
New Delhi: The Jamia Milia Islamia will carry out advanced research in nanotechnology, the only university in the country to do so, a university statement said Monday.
Given the growing applications of nanotechnology, the varsity has been given Rs.8 crore (Rs.80 million) government funding for carrying out two projects in the field.
The 91-year-old Jamia, which runs over 200 courses, will not only be the first university to carry out research in "Synthesising Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes" but also the only institution in the country to carry out research in nanotechnology, said the statement.
The funds sanctioned by the Department of Information Technology will be used by the varsity's physics department and applied sciences department. The varsity runs an M.Tech programme in nanotechnology.
The university has been doing cutting edge research in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology and in recognition of that it has already been awarded a project on Carbon Nanotubes by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the university said.
Post Your Comment (2 posted): Written by Ad about 5 years, 2 days, 23 hours, 2 minutes, 34 seconds ago
plz mak it e z
Written by S.A.Seetha Ram Ph.D about 4 years, 11 months, 5 days, 21 hours, 44 minutes, 58 seconds ago
Dear Sir, Please don't make such absurd claims.IISc., Bangalore, some of the IITs and many universities in South India,similarly University of Mumbai are some of the institutions in our country which are leading the Nano science and technology research during the last several years. Besides some of them offer M.Tech degree in Nanotechnology!
Oops! Bollywood's pretty lady Anushka Sharma has exhausted herself and was falling ill. Ev
- PICS:Whom Khloe Kardashian dating now?
- Tanu weds Manu takes box office by storm
- FIR, obscenity case against Sunny Leone
- Raj Babbar, Salma Agha to reunite
- First look of 'Bombairiya' unveiled
- Salman has Hollywood offer from Sylvester
- Pamela Anderson ready to date guys again
- Eva Green ditched her natural hair
An American woman, said to be the oldest living person in the world, has celebrated her 11
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and