- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
French Open tennis matches were suspended on Monday due to persistent rains in Paris on Mo
Nanotechnology research in Jamia Last Updated : 18 May 2010 09:32:35 AM IST
New Delhi: The Jamia Milia Islamia will carry out advanced research in nanotechnology, the only university in the country to do so, a university statement said Monday.
Given the growing applications of nanotechnology, the varsity has been given Rs.8 crore (Rs.80 million) government funding for carrying out two projects in the field.
The 91-year-old Jamia, which runs over 200 courses, will not only be the first university to carry out research in "Synthesising Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes" but also the only institution in the country to carry out research in nanotechnology, said the statement.
The funds sanctioned by the Department of Information Technology will be used by the varsity's physics department and applied sciences department. The varsity runs an M.Tech programme in nanotechnology.
The university has been doing cutting edge research in the areas of nanoscience and nanotechnology and in recognition of that it has already been awarded a project on Carbon Nanotubes by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), the university said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (2 posted): Written by Ad about 6 years, 9 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes, 36 seconds ago
plz mak it e z
Written by S.A.Seetha Ram Ph.D about 5 years, 11 months, 12 days, 16 hours, 45 minutes ago
Dear Sir, Please don't make such absurd claims.IISc., Bangalore, some of the IITs and many universities in South India,similarly University of Mumbai are some of the institutions in our country which are leading the Nano science and technology research during the last several years. Besides some of them offer M.Tech degree in Nanotechnology!
Actress Priyanka Chopra returned home for 10 days after wrapping up the shooting of her Ho
- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-Ranveer
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
- 'Banjo' teaser hits the right chords
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T