- Aamir Khan\'s special for Sanjay DuttNathuram Godse should have killed Nehru, not GandhiThunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan\'s Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1Amitabh\'s Jalsa turns star studded this DiwaliDeepika challenges Sunny Leone\'Diwali\' celebrations in picsSexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthdayRanveer hides his bald look under hat in partyTen reasons to watch \'Happy New Year\'Katie Holmes shares beauty tips
Ace India shuttler Saina Nehwal crashed out of the French Open Super Series after going
Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 10:51:38 AM IST Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award
Ravi Shankar piped his own daughter Anoushka, a day after being honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award by The Recording Academy.
Shankar's album 'The Living Room Sessions Part 1' saw off competition from Anoushka's 'Traveller', Amadou & Mariam's 'Folila', Daneil Ho's 'On A Gentle Island Breeze' and Hugh Masekela's 'Jabulani'.
Anoushka accepted the award on the sitar maestro's behalf at music's biggest night at the Staples Center here, saying, "Its OK to lose to your father."
Shankar passed away on December 11 at the age of 92 following a heart-valve replacement surgery in San Diego.
Anoushka was also on hand Saturday to receive the Lifetime Achievement award alongwith Shankar's other daughter Norah Jones at the Academy's Special Merit Awards celebration.
Beatles icon Paul McCartney won the Best traditional pop vocal album for his 'Kisses On The Bottom'.
British soul singing sensation Adele, who swept last year's awards with six wins, was presented with the Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull for a live rendition of her hit song 'Set Fire To The Rain'.
Australian musician Gotye emerged a big winner at the Grammys this year, taking home three trophies - Record of the Year and Pop/duo group performance for his song Somebody That I Used to Know' and Alternative music album for 'Making Mirrors'.
Album of the Year award went to 'Babel' by Mumford & Sons, whose performance at the big night of music was introduced by superstar Johnny Depp.
American band Black Keys also won three awards – best rock performance and best rock song for 'Lonely Boy', while their 'El Camino' was named the best rock album.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor-director Randhir Kapoor says he will never remake RK Films' superhit movie 'Awara'
- Lindsay Lohan gets upset when asked about imprisonment
- Madonna's memorabilia collection to go on sale
- Aamir Khan's special for Sanjay Dutt
- Thunderous response to Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year:Rs 44.97 crore on Day 1
- Amitabh's Jalsa turns star studded this Diwali
- Deepika challenges Sunny Leone
- Major fire at Ekta Kapoor's Nixon studio
- Sexy Mallika Sherawat celebrating birthday
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country