- Sheenojis: Charlie Sheen releases personalised emojisHot tips to stay fit and healthyReview; 'The Angry Birds Movie'Veerappan movie review'Phobia' movie reviewReview: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!
French Open tennis matches were suspended on Monday due to persistent rains in Paris on Mo
Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 10:51:38 AM IST Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award
Ravi Shankar piped his own daughter Anoushka, a day after being honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award by The Recording Academy.
Shankar's album 'The Living Room Sessions Part 1' saw off competition from Anoushka's 'Traveller', Amadou & Mariam's 'Folila', Daneil Ho's 'On A Gentle Island Breeze' and Hugh Masekela's 'Jabulani'.
Anoushka accepted the award on the sitar maestro's behalf at music's biggest night at the Staples Center here, saying, "Its OK to lose to your father."
Shankar passed away on December 11 at the age of 92 following a heart-valve replacement surgery in San Diego.
Anoushka was also on hand Saturday to receive the Lifetime Achievement award alongwith Shankar's other daughter Norah Jones at the Academy's Special Merit Awards celebration.
Beatles icon Paul McCartney won the Best traditional pop vocal album for his 'Kisses On The Bottom'.
British soul singing sensation Adele, who swept last year's awards with six wins, was presented with the Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull for a live rendition of her hit song 'Set Fire To The Rain'.
Australian musician Gotye emerged a big winner at the Grammys this year, taking home three trophies - Record of the Year and Pop/duo group performance for his song Somebody That I Used to Know' and Alternative music album for 'Making Mirrors'.
Album of the Year award went to 'Babel' by Mumford & Sons, whose performance at the big night of music was introduced by superstar Johnny Depp.
American band Black Keys also won three awards – best rock performance and best rock song for 'Lonely Boy', while their 'El Camino' was named the best rock album.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Priyanka Chopra returned home for 10 days after wrapping up the shooting of her Ho
- It was Love In Paris for Deepika-Ranveer
- We were never a couple: Shraddha on dating Aditya
- 'Banjo' teaser hits the right chords
- Aamir praises Kannada film 'Thithi'
- SC rejects plea to cancel Pratyusha's boyfriend's bail
- Varun Dhawan unveils 'Dishoom' poster
- Sunny Leone to romance Arbaaz Khan in 'Tera Intezaar'
- Italian actor Giorgio Albertazzi dies.
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T