- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
Sports Minister Vijay Goel on Monday said dope-tainted grappler Narsingh Yadav can represe
Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 10:51:38 AM IST Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award
Ravi Shankar piped his own daughter Anoushka, a day after being honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award by The Recording Academy.
Shankar's album 'The Living Room Sessions Part 1' saw off competition from Anoushka's 'Traveller', Amadou & Mariam's 'Folila', Daneil Ho's 'On A Gentle Island Breeze' and Hugh Masekela's 'Jabulani'.
Anoushka accepted the award on the sitar maestro's behalf at music's biggest night at the Staples Center here, saying, "Its OK to lose to your father."
Shankar passed away on December 11 at the age of 92 following a heart-valve replacement surgery in San Diego.
Anoushka was also on hand Saturday to receive the Lifetime Achievement award alongwith Shankar's other daughter Norah Jones at the Academy's Special Merit Awards celebration.
Beatles icon Paul McCartney won the Best traditional pop vocal album for his 'Kisses On The Bottom'.
British soul singing sensation Adele, who swept last year's awards with six wins, was presented with the Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull for a live rendition of her hit song 'Set Fire To The Rain'.
Australian musician Gotye emerged a big winner at the Grammys this year, taking home three trophies - Record of the Year and Pop/duo group performance for his song Somebody That I Used to Know' and Alternative music album for 'Making Mirrors'.
Album of the Year award went to 'Babel' by Mumford & Sons, whose performance at the big night of music was introduced by superstar Johnny Depp.
American band Black Keys also won three awards – best rock performance and best rock song for 'Lonely Boy', while their 'El Camino' was named the best rock album.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Nausheen Ali Sardar, who rose to fame with Ekta Kapoor's TV show "Kkusum", says sh
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Salman Khan's sister happy with his acquittal in poaching cases
- Melissa McCarthy loves jumpsuits with zippers
- I'd love to do a film with SRK: Paul Feig
- Don't wish to make career in acting: Shekhar
- Cinema not a place for competition: Sobhita
- Rihanna doesn't want her fans 'catching Pokemons' at concerts
- Kate Beckinsale denies dating David Walliams
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an