- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 10:51:38 AM IST Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award
Ravi Shankar piped his own daughter Anoushka, a day after being honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award by The Recording Academy.
Shankar's album 'The Living Room Sessions Part 1' saw off competition from Anoushka's 'Traveller', Amadou & Mariam's 'Folila', Daneil Ho's 'On A Gentle Island Breeze' and Hugh Masekela's 'Jabulani'.
Anoushka accepted the award on the sitar maestro's behalf at music's biggest night at the Staples Center here, saying, "Its OK to lose to your father."
Shankar passed away on December 11 at the age of 92 following a heart-valve replacement surgery in San Diego.
Anoushka was also on hand Saturday to receive the Lifetime Achievement award alongwith Shankar's other daughter Norah Jones at the Academy's Special Merit Awards celebration.
Beatles icon Paul McCartney won the Best traditional pop vocal album for his 'Kisses On The Bottom'.
British soul singing sensation Adele, who swept last year's awards with six wins, was presented with the Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull for a live rendition of her hit song 'Set Fire To The Rain'.
Australian musician Gotye emerged a big winner at the Grammys this year, taking home three trophies - Record of the Year and Pop/duo group performance for his song Somebody That I Used to Know' and Alternative music album for 'Making Mirrors'.
Album of the Year award went to 'Babel' by Mumford & Sons, whose performance at the big night of music was introduced by superstar Johnny Depp.
American band Black Keys also won three awards – best rock performance and best rock song for 'Lonely Boy', while their 'El Camino' was named the best rock album.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kalki Koechlin says she fears getting comfortable in her zone, and that is why she keeps o
- Big B's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni biopic to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries
- Ali Fazal meets his Pakistani fans in London
- Dance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta Kapur
- Actor Bill Nunn dead at 62
- Jennifer Aniston pins divorce rumours with dinner date
- Anna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Looking forward to meet Dhoni: Disha Patani
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -
Domestic app-based marketplace Zopper on Friday announced the pre-booking of Apple iPhone