- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award Last Updated : 12 Feb 2013 10:51:38 AM IST Ravi Shankar wins Grammy award
Ravi Shankar piped his own daughter Anoushka, a day after being honoured with a Lifetime Achievement award by The Recording Academy.
Shankar's album 'The Living Room Sessions Part 1' saw off competition from Anoushka's 'Traveller', Amadou & Mariam's 'Folila', Daneil Ho's 'On A Gentle Island Breeze' and Hugh Masekela's 'Jabulani'.
Anoushka accepted the award on the sitar maestro's behalf at music's biggest night at the Staples Center here, saying, "Its OK to lose to your father."
Shankar passed away on December 11 at the age of 92 following a heart-valve replacement surgery in San Diego.
Anoushka was also on hand Saturday to receive the Lifetime Achievement award alongwith Shankar's other daughter Norah Jones at the Academy's Special Merit Awards celebration.
Beatles icon Paul McCartney won the Best traditional pop vocal album for his 'Kisses On The Bottom'.
British soul singing sensation Adele, who swept last year's awards with six wins, was presented with the Best Pop Solo Performance Grammy by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull for a live rendition of her hit song 'Set Fire To The Rain'.
Australian musician Gotye emerged a big winner at the Grammys this year, taking home three trophies - Record of the Year and Pop/duo group performance for his song Somebody That I Used to Know' and Alternative music album for 'Making Mirrors'.
Album of the Year award went to 'Babel' by Mumford & Sons, whose performance at the big night of music was introduced by superstar Johnny Depp.
American band Black Keys also won three awards – best rock performance and best rock song for 'Lonely Boy', while their 'El Camino' was named the best rock album.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
"Mechanic Resurrection" is a super-charged, stylishly packed action thriller that is mecha
- OMG!!! Ranbir is mocking katrina's text messages???
- Palak Muchhal in tears while recording song for 'Naamkarann' (TV Snippets)
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- While kissing in A Flying Jat,Jacqualine-Tiger refused to hear cut
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
- 'Freaky Ali' team to launch menswear label in Dubai
- Taapsee, Neeraj Pandey team up for 'Meera'
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999