- Gionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena TandonHow R Ashwin charted course for India's victory in Kanpur TestI've lived an unpredictable life: Nimrat Kaur
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Being born poor kept me grounded: Olga Kurylenko Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 04:12:41 PM IST file photo: Olga Kurylenko
Bondgirl Olga Kurylenko credits the poverty she faced during her childhood for keeping her grounded in showbiz.
The 'Quantum of Solace' star, who was raised by her mother, says she could never afford new clothes while growing up in Russia.
The 33-year-old actress found fame as a model at the age of 13 after she was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in Moscow, reported online media.
"Being born poor is what keeps me grounded as a movie star. Growing up, I was extremely poor. I lived in a tiny Soviet communal apartment with four small rooms shared by six adults from my extended family and several children. My mother had no money to buy me clothes so everything I wore had to be patched up and then patched up again.
"I'll never forget what it's like to go without. It means that I have very few extravagances. I squirrel my earnings away. The only thing I like to splash out on is food. I remember what it's like to be hungry and to dream of beautiful meals," Kurylenko said.
The Russian beauty has managed to build a successful career post the Bond film. She will next be seen in celebrated director Terrence Malick's 'To the Wonder' and comedy film 'Seven Psychopaths'.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
As MNS workers protested outside filmmaker Karan Johar's office here on Tuesday over Pakis
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
- Aarti Chabria wants to assist Farah Khan
- Film Festivals purest form of education for budding filmmakers: Arjun Kapoor
- April Florio tired of being linked to Brad Pitt
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho