- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Montreal Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec has been chosen captain of the Czech Republic’
Being born poor kept me grounded: Olga Kurylenko Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 04:12:41 PM IST file photo: Olga Kurylenko
Bondgirl Olga Kurylenko credits the poverty she faced during her childhood for keeping her grounded in showbiz.
The 'Quantum of Solace' star, who was raised by her mother, says she could never afford new clothes while growing up in Russia.
The 33-year-old actress found fame as a model at the age of 13 after she was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in Moscow, reported online media.
"Being born poor is what keeps me grounded as a movie star. Growing up, I was extremely poor. I lived in a tiny Soviet communal apartment with four small rooms shared by six adults from my extended family and several children. My mother had no money to buy me clothes so everything I wore had to be patched up and then patched up again.
"I'll never forget what it's like to go without. It means that I have very few extravagances. I squirrel my earnings away. The only thing I like to splash out on is food. I remember what it's like to be hungry and to dream of beautiful meals," Kurylenko said.
The Russian beauty has managed to build a successful career post the Bond film. She will next be seen in celebrated director Terrence Malick's 'To the Wonder' and comedy film 'Seven Psychopaths'.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Karan Johar on Monday unveiled the first look poster of 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' and also reve
- Garner gets emotional during meeting with Affleck
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next
- New music single addresses homosexuality
- Sonakshi to act with family only with right script
- Remembering 'King Of Pop' on his 58th B'day
- Amy Jackson to sing in Punjabi, reveals Manj Musik
- Saif Ali Khan to be face of 'Supercars Megabuild'
- Kareena Kapoor Khan 'sexy' pregnancy photos
An Indonesian man is set to hold the title of world's oldest man at 145 years, authorities
Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco on Monday announced some unique offers