- How to spend more time, less money during vacations!'Jack Reacher...': Tom Cruise's finest film in yearsIs it safe to eat chicken amidst this bird flu rumors?Arijit Singh re-dubs for song in 'Tum Bin 2'Movie Review: '31 October': Opens up wounds that never healedVarun Gandhi is a happily married man5 reasons why Shivaay will beat ADHMDiva's Karwa Chauth 2016Indian cricketers visit territorial army camp'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' experience recreated for fans
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Being born poor kept me grounded: Olga Kurylenko Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 04:12:41 PM IST file photo: Olga Kurylenko
Bondgirl Olga Kurylenko credits the poverty she faced during her childhood for keeping her grounded in showbiz.
The 'Quantum of Solace' star, who was raised by her mother, says she could never afford new clothes while growing up in Russia.
The 33-year-old actress found fame as a model at the age of 13 after she was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in Moscow, reported online media.
"Being born poor is what keeps me grounded as a movie star. Growing up, I was extremely poor. I lived in a tiny Soviet communal apartment with four small rooms shared by six adults from my extended family and several children. My mother had no money to buy me clothes so everything I wore had to be patched up and then patched up again.
"I'll never forget what it's like to go without. It means that I have very few extravagances. I squirrel my earnings away. The only thing I like to splash out on is food. I remember what it's like to be hungry and to dream of beautiful meals," Kurylenko said.
The Russian beauty has managed to build a successful career post the Bond film. She will next be seen in celebrated director Terrence Malick's 'To the Wonder' and comedy film 'Seven Psychopaths'.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Shah Rukh Khan, who was shooting abroad for Imtiaz Ali's "The Ring", is back in town
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
- I choose a film that I can do justice to: Vidya Balan
- Deepika Padukone to present award at MTV Europe Music Awards
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r