- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
Being born poor kept me grounded: Olga Kurylenko Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 04:12:41 PM IST file photo: Olga Kurylenko
Bondgirl Olga Kurylenko credits the poverty she faced during her childhood for keeping her grounded in showbiz.
The 'Quantum of Solace' star, who was raised by her mother, says she could never afford new clothes while growing up in Russia.
The 33-year-old actress found fame as a model at the age of 13 after she was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in Moscow, reported online media.
"Being born poor is what keeps me grounded as a movie star. Growing up, I was extremely poor. I lived in a tiny Soviet communal apartment with four small rooms shared by six adults from my extended family and several children. My mother had no money to buy me clothes so everything I wore had to be patched up and then patched up again.
"I'll never forget what it's like to go without. It means that I have very few extravagances. I squirrel my earnings away. The only thing I like to splash out on is food. I remember what it's like to be hungry and to dream of beautiful meals," Kurylenko said.
The Russian beauty has managed to build a successful career post the Bond film. She will next be seen in celebrated director Terrence Malick's 'To the Wonder' and comedy film 'Seven Psychopaths'.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an