- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love storyIndia clinch series victory against SAMeet top Miss Supranational of 2015Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'Wedding album of Disha VakaniFilm Review: Tamasha
Being born poor kept me grounded: Olga Kurylenko Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 04:12:41 PM IST file photo: Olga Kurylenko
Bondgirl Olga Kurylenko credits the poverty she faced during her childhood for keeping her grounded in showbiz.
The 'Quantum of Solace' star, who was raised by her mother, says she could never afford new clothes while growing up in Russia.
The 33-year-old actress found fame as a model at the age of 13 after she was spotted by a talent scout while vacationing in Moscow, reported online media.
"Being born poor is what keeps me grounded as a movie star. Growing up, I was extremely poor. I lived in a tiny Soviet communal apartment with four small rooms shared by six adults from my extended family and several children. My mother had no money to buy me clothes so everything I wore had to be patched up and then patched up again.
"I'll never forget what it's like to go without. It means that I have very few extravagances. I squirrel my earnings away. The only thing I like to splash out on is food. I remember what it's like to be hungry and to dream of beautiful meals," Kurylenko said.
The Russian beauty has managed to build a successful career post the Bond film. She will next be seen in celebrated director Terrence Malick's 'To the Wonder' and comedy film 'Seven Psychopaths'.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story