- Dhanteras 2016 Wallpaper and Facebook imagesShivaay film reviewHow to become rich on DhanterasPics: How America elects its president ?Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
I looked like my gay brother after shaving off hair: Hathaway Last Updated : 26 Nov 2012 01:15:14 PM IST file photo: Anne Hathaway
"Les Miserables" star Anne Hathaway was initially terrified to look in the mirror after cutting her hair but was comforted to see that she resembled her gay brother.
The 30-year-old actress, who chopped off her long brunette locks to play the role of Fantine in the film adaptation of Victor Hugo's novel, said that her pixie cut makes her look more masculine, reported online media.
"When I eventually looked in the mirror I just thought I looked like my gay brother," Hathaway said, during a New York screening of the movie.
The actress is very close to her brother and she had previously said that she, her sibling and entire family decided to break ties with the Catholic Church when her brother came out as a homosexual.
"The whole family converted to Episcopalianism after my elder brother came out. Why should I support an organisation that has a limited view of my beloved brother?" she had said.
Hathaway took on a complete physical transformation to play the character of Fantine, who is forced into prostitution to pay for the care of her young daughter.
The "Dark Knight Rises" star threw herself wholeheartedly into the role and even lost 25 pounds in order to properly depict a member of the Nineteenth century French underclass.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Karan Johar, who admits he has taken the botox way for his face, says that going
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' film review
- Deepika to celebrate Diwali with family
- Shivaay film review
- It's time to stand with our jawans: Amjad Ali Khan
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Domestic mobile manufacturer Zen mobiles on Friday launched a new smartphone Zen Cinemax 2