- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has credited Zinedine Zidane's appointment as Real
'Skyfall' the highest grossing Bond film ever Last Updated : 19 Nov 2012 04:28:46 PM IST file photo: 'Skyfall'
"Skyfall", the 23rd official James Bond movie, has reeled in USD 669 million, making it the highest-grossing installment in the 50-year-old franchise.
The Daniel Craig starrer has earned a massive USD 507.9 million internationally and USD 161.3 million in North America, the Hollywood Reporter said.
The Sam Mendes directed film is well ahead of the USD 599.2 million earned by "Casino Royale" in 2006.
The success of "Skyfall" has been a boon for Sony, which is enjoying a record year. Sony is releasing and marketing the movie on behalf of MGM and EON Productions.
Sony chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution Jeff Blake announced that the studio has crossed USD 4 billion in global tickets sales for the first time in its history.
The studio's previous best was USD 3.6 billion in 2009. Sony's 2012 slate also includes "The Amazing Spider-Man" with USD 754 million worldwide, "Men in Black 3" with USD 624 million and "Hotel Transylvania" with USD 283 million.
"Exceeding USD 4 billion globally is a true rarity in this industry and it is an extraordinary accomplishment for all of us at Sony Pictures," Blake said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Oops! Who said this? Bigg Boss contestant and also hair stylist Bhavna Bhavnani gives shoc
- Deepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses now
- Shraddha Kapoor to judge reality show?
- Tiger shroff wants to do clean noble caharcters
- Music will always remain integral part of my life: Karan
- Film with SRK at premature stage: Kangana
- Sony Pictures new movie channel
- Kareena to be showstopper at LFW finale
- Biopic should be made on P.T Usha: Sonam
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
Tech giant Microsoft has acquired artificial intelligence (AI)-based scheduling service Ge