- Pics: Thousands bid farewell to Lee in SingaporeYoungsters 'happier and healthier' than ten years agoAustralia bags 5th World Cup titleDeepika bats for women equalityAditi Arya crowned Miss India 2015Saina becomes World No.1 woman shuttlerKatrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame TussaudsSee Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in loveRam Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the matchPICS:Modi, Satyarthi in greatest leaders list of Fortune
Kidambi Srikanth on Sunday gave delight to the nation by clinching men's singles titles at
'Skyfall' the highest grossing Bond film ever Last Updated : 19 Nov 2012 04:28:46 PM IST file photo: 'Skyfall'
"Skyfall", the 23rd official James Bond movie, has reeled in USD 669 million, making it the highest-grossing installment in the 50-year-old franchise.
The Daniel Craig starrer has earned a massive USD 507.9 million internationally and USD 161.3 million in North America, the Hollywood Reporter said.
The Sam Mendes directed film is well ahead of the USD 599.2 million earned by "Casino Royale" in 2006.
The success of "Skyfall" has been a boon for Sony, which is enjoying a record year. Sony is releasing and marketing the movie on behalf of MGM and EON Productions.
Sony chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution Jeff Blake announced that the studio has crossed USD 4 billion in global tickets sales for the first time in its history.
The studio's previous best was USD 3.6 billion in 2009. Sony's 2012 slate also includes "The Amazing Spider-Man" with USD 754 million worldwide, "Men in Black 3" with USD 624 million and "Hotel Transylvania" with USD 283 million.
"Exceeding USD 4 billion globally is a true rarity in this industry and it is an extraordinary accomplishment for all of us at Sony Pictures," Blake said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood star Deepika Padukone, along with 98 other women from Mumbai have featured in a
- Shruti to face cheating Case
- Katrina Kaif unveils her wax statue at Madame Tussauds
- See Deepika-Ranbir pics when they were in love
- OMG! Shahid is marrying this year
- PICS:Ram Gopal Verma is happy that India lost the match
- Kim adopts new look
- Why Ranbir Kapoor's father feels guilty?
- Priyanka congratulates her 'Rival' Kangana!
A new study reveals the secret of why men likes to grow their beards.
Mobile commerce is likely to overtake e-commerce in the next few years, spurred by the con