- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainmentMilind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to MumbaiFacts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't knowThousands pay tribute to Mahasweta DeviB-Town supports Dia's directorial debutPhilippines to host Miss Universe pageant in Jan 2017Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequelCheck Out 'Mohenjo Daro' new poster featuring HrithikHarbhajan Singh blessed with baby girlExcited, nervous about 'Raees': Mahira Khan
Assuring "all possible help" to the Indian contingent at the Rio Olympic Games 2016, sched
Rushdie was a great wit and flirt: Padma Lakshmi Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 05:24:06 PM IST file photo: Padma Lakshmi
Salman Rushdie and Padma Lakshmi's marriage may have lasted only three years but the Top Chef' host says they had great time together because the Booker prize winning author "was a great wit and flirt".
In an interview to Playboy magazine, where the Chennai born supermodel appears in a series of revealing photographs, the 42-year-old celebrity has praised her ex-husband, who is 23-years her senior.
"Now there is somebody who has great wit and is a great flirt. I don't regret a day I spent with Salman, but it was tiring. He has a big life, and it only got bigger when we were together. I'm happy to have stood next to him holding hishand, but we were in very different parts of our lives."
The marriage of Lakshmi and Mumbai born author had baffled many as Rushdie is not known for his good looks while the supermodel has made a career out of her looks.
"Comments like that came out of ignorance. If you saw us together you would know exactly why we were together."
The couple's marriage lasted three years until 2007, with Padma going on to have a baby daughter Krishna, now two-years-old, by computer mogul Adam Dell.
Rushdie, 65, is not so generous about his fourth ex-wife in his recently published memoir 'Joseph Anton'.
Describing her as 'Millenarian Illusion', Rushdie has painted Lakshmi as someone who was ambitious and celebrity-seeking. Rushdie said Padma's beauty swept him over because she "seemed to contain his Indian past and his American future."
"She was capable of saying things of such majestic narcissism.... her moodiness was unpredictable and extreme."
She was ambitious and was determined to strike out for herself. "In the end she did."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The end is near for “Game of Thrones”. Newly anointed programming chief Casey Bloys ha
- Nayanthara's next to address water scarcity problems
- Ajith's next will feature three heroines
- Sunny Deol my most favourite: Preity Zinta
- Clothes on ramps should be for all sizes: Divya
- Beyonce praised for empowering people through music
- 'Dishoom' packs a punch at box office
- Don't call dance songs item numbers: Aditi
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu