- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
The All India Football Federation on Sunday announced the opening of online and outlet tic
Rushdie was a great wit and flirt: Padma Lakshmi Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 05:24:06 PM IST file photo: Padma Lakshmi
Salman Rushdie and Padma Lakshmi's marriage may have lasted only three years but the Top Chef' host says they had great time together because the Booker prize winning author "was a great wit and flirt".
In an interview to Playboy magazine, where the Chennai born supermodel appears in a series of revealing photographs, the 42-year-old celebrity has praised her ex-husband, who is 23-years her senior.
"Now there is somebody who has great wit and is a great flirt. I don't regret a day I spent with Salman, but it was tiring. He has a big life, and it only got bigger when we were together. I'm happy to have stood next to him holding hishand, but we were in very different parts of our lives."
The marriage of Lakshmi and Mumbai born author had baffled many as Rushdie is not known for his good looks while the supermodel has made a career out of her looks.
"Comments like that came out of ignorance. If you saw us together you would know exactly why we were together."
The couple's marriage lasted three years until 2007, with Padma going on to have a baby daughter Krishna, now two-years-old, by computer mogul Adam Dell.
Rushdie, 65, is not so generous about his fourth ex-wife in his recently published memoir 'Joseph Anton'.
Describing her as 'Millenarian Illusion', Rushdie has painted Lakshmi as someone who was ambitious and celebrity-seeking. Rushdie said Padma's beauty swept him over because she "seemed to contain his Indian past and his American future."
"She was capable of saying things of such majestic narcissism.... her moodiness was unpredictable and extreme."
She was ambitious and was determined to strike out for herself. "In the end she did."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Hollywood superstar Will Smith was the special guest at Akshay Kumar's grand celebration o
- Shahid Kapoor takes his baby daughter home
- Will Smith joins Akshay Kumar's party
- Salman dons astronaut look for 'Bigg Boss 10'
- Kareena Kapoor flaunts baby bump on ramp
- Hollywood for Boman Irani only with substantial role
- I admire Shah Rukh as a worker: Alia Bhatt
- Salman Khan's 'Being Salman' game out
- I don't believe in relationship goals: Esha Gupta
When Apple made iPad, little did the US tech giant realize that the popular device may wo
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an