- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha DalalKapil Sharma to become a fatherTop Bollywood Actresses who gave sexy Item NumbersPics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-AbhishekWallpapers related to Akshaya TritiyaMamta Kulkarni posed topless on the magazine cover, see picWhy very few guests were invited for Aishwarya-Abhishek wedding?See Salman Khan\'s latest pics from the sets of Bajrangi BhaijaanWhy Anushka Sharma is a bigger achiever than Virat Kohli?Katrina Kaif to make Cannes debut with Aishwarya
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Rushdie was a great wit and flirt: Padma Lakshmi Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 05:24:06 PM IST file photo: Padma Lakshmi
Salman Rushdie and Padma Lakshmi's marriage may have lasted only three years but the Top Chef' host says they had great time together because the Booker prize winning author "was a great wit and flirt".
In an interview to Playboy magazine, where the Chennai born supermodel appears in a series of revealing photographs, the 42-year-old celebrity has praised her ex-husband, who is 23-years her senior.
"Now there is somebody who has great wit and is a great flirt. I don't regret a day I spent with Salman, but it was tiring. He has a big life, and it only got bigger when we were together. I'm happy to have stood next to him holding hishand, but we were in very different parts of our lives."
The marriage of Lakshmi and Mumbai born author had baffled many as Rushdie is not known for his good looks while the supermodel has made a career out of her looks.
"Comments like that came out of ignorance. If you saw us together you would know exactly why we were together."
The couple's marriage lasted three years until 2007, with Padma going on to have a baby daughter Krishna, now two-years-old, by computer mogul Adam Dell.
Rushdie, 65, is not so generous about his fourth ex-wife in his recently published memoir 'Joseph Anton'.
Describing her as 'Millenarian Illusion', Rushdie has painted Lakshmi as someone who was ambitious and celebrity-seeking. Rushdie said Padma's beauty swept him over because she "seemed to contain his Indian past and his American future."
"She was capable of saying things of such majestic narcissism.... her moodiness was unpredictable and extreme."
She was ambitious and was determined to strike out for herself. "In the end she did."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See Bollywood stars when they were drunk, their behaviour in public. Their behaviour can p
- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha Dalal
- Kapil Sharma to become a father
- Bollywood celebs mourn Ankit Keshri's death
- List of top ten sexy Bollywood item girls
- Priyanka, Deepika to dance together
- Sanjay-Karan played imp role in Aish-Abhi's marriage!
- Lindsay Lohan stepmother beats father
- Pics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-Abhishek
The sight of driverless Delhi Metro trains whizzing past stations, crowded and deserted, i
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!