- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Portuguese doctor Nuno Campos, a former member of the medical team of his national footbal
Rushdie was a great wit and flirt: Padma Lakshmi Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 05:24:06 PM IST file photo: Padma Lakshmi
Salman Rushdie and Padma Lakshmi's marriage may have lasted only three years but the Top Chef' host says they had great time together because the Booker prize winning author "was a great wit and flirt".
In an interview to Playboy magazine, where the Chennai born supermodel appears in a series of revealing photographs, the 42-year-old celebrity has praised her ex-husband, who is 23-years her senior.
"Now there is somebody who has great wit and is a great flirt. I don't regret a day I spent with Salman, but it was tiring. He has a big life, and it only got bigger when we were together. I'm happy to have stood next to him holding hishand, but we were in very different parts of our lives."
The marriage of Lakshmi and Mumbai born author had baffled many as Rushdie is not known for his good looks while the supermodel has made a career out of her looks.
"Comments like that came out of ignorance. If you saw us together you would know exactly why we were together."
The couple's marriage lasted three years until 2007, with Padma going on to have a baby daughter Krishna, now two-years-old, by computer mogul Adam Dell.
Rushdie, 65, is not so generous about his fourth ex-wife in his recently published memoir 'Joseph Anton'.
Describing her as 'Millenarian Illusion', Rushdie has painted Lakshmi as someone who was ambitious and celebrity-seeking. Rushdie said Padma's beauty swept him over because she "seemed to contain his Indian past and his American future."
"She was capable of saying things of such majestic narcissism.... her moodiness was unpredictable and extreme."
She was ambitious and was determined to strike out for herself. "In the end she did."
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Manoj Bajpayee, who will be seen as a traffic constable in the forthcoming thriller
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
- I can't live for awards: Kalki Koechlin
- Movie Review Baaghi
- Salman will be able to add glamour to Rio: Ganguly
- Mamta, spouse under probe in narcotics racket
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of