- India celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane serviceWhy did Kareena Kapoor refuse to work with Farhan Akhtar?Nayana arrested for blackmailing with sex tapeTop most Sexy South SirensIn pics: Upcoming movies of Bollywood superstar Salman Khan
Badminton world number one Lee Chong Wei recently failed a drug test, Malaysian media rep
TV show on first US president George Washington Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:40:24 AM IST file photo: George Washington
The life of America's first president George Wanshington is set to be the subject of a historical TV drama.
NBC has teamed up with a talented team that include Oscar and Emmy winners Barry Levinson (Rain Man), David Seidler (The King's Speech), Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey), Jason Sosnoff and Tom Fontana (Oz) for the potential series, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Based on 'Washington: A Life', the New York Times best-seller and Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Ron Chernow, the drama has the working title of 'George Washington'.
The makers promise that the drama will take an intimate look at the leader who became the father of a nation on one side of the Atlantic and a terrorist on the other.
"There's George Washington the national icon, gazing out from the dollar bill with his mouthful of supposedly wooden teeth, and then there's the George Washington who had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife," said Seidler, who will pen the script and executive produce.
"The George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image. Not an icon, a very human human being, who learned how to lead. That's the man I want to understand."
Levinson said that he was interested in unlocking the man behind the myth with all his flaws.
"What's so interesting is here was a man who was more instrumental to what our country is today and more famous than any other figure in our history, and yet no one knows anything about him," said Levinson.
"We know the myth of the man, but the reality was he was a flawed and troubled character who overcame his flaws to become one of the foremost leaders of this nation."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Taylor Swift says provision of constant security is important to her because she ha
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
- Like Tagore's 'Ektuku Choya Lage': Anup Jalota! Listen song
- Lady Gaga's 8,000 pounds Manchester shopping spree
- Jennifer Lopez buys USD 22m house
- Best friends Salman Khan, Aamir Khan will be seen together once again
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country