- Alia Bhatt was kissing queen in 2014International debut for Sid Mallya?Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014Writers\' Building ready for restorationWhen Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view picsKejriwal as Delhi CM and BJP in power!Revealed! Why Anushka-Virat fight over phoneSunny Leone dined, wined with 100Dimpy's heart still beats for Rahul
Boxer Sarita Devi, who had refused to accept her Asian Games bronze medal, was on Wednesda
TV show on first US president George Washington Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:40:24 AM IST file photo: George Washington
The life of America's first president George Wanshington is set to be the subject of a historical TV drama.
NBC has teamed up with a talented team that include Oscar and Emmy winners Barry Levinson (Rain Man), David Seidler (The King's Speech), Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey), Jason Sosnoff and Tom Fontana (Oz) for the potential series, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Based on 'Washington: A Life', the New York Times best-seller and Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Ron Chernow, the drama has the working title of 'George Washington'.
The makers promise that the drama will take an intimate look at the leader who became the father of a nation on one side of the Atlantic and a terrorist on the other.
"There's George Washington the national icon, gazing out from the dollar bill with his mouthful of supposedly wooden teeth, and then there's the George Washington who had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife," said Seidler, who will pen the script and executive produce.
"The George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image. Not an icon, a very human human being, who learned how to lead. That's the man I want to understand."
Levinson said that he was interested in unlocking the man behind the myth with all his flaws.
"What's so interesting is here was a man who was more instrumental to what our country is today and more famous than any other figure in our history, and yet no one knows anything about him," said Levinson.
"We know the myth of the man, but the reality was he was a flawed and troubled character who overcame his flaws to become one of the foremost leaders of this nation."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood kisses were even hotter in 2014.
- International debut for Sid Mallya?
- Salman, Deepika new lovers in town?
- Kim Kardashian's hot looks in 2014
- When Mallika Sherawat seduces Om Puri, view pics
- PK BO report: Aamir Khan starrer collects Rs 92.50 cr
- KJo is surprise package in Bombay Velvet, says Anurag
- Watch Mallika Sherawat’s ‘Dirty Politics’ Movie Trailer
- Watch Surveen's ‘Nichod De’ song from Ugly
Eight coffins from Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) imperial figures, including Emperor Qianlong
India will surpass the US as the second largest market for smartphones globally by 2016.