- Alia Bhatt shows off bare thighs, view picsPICS: Protest over proposed Gandhi statue in LondonBarbara Mori ties knot again?Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view picsSonakshi’s superhot avatar Desi Kalakaar, view picsWatch Sunny Leone’s unseen bikini photosSalman owns these carsWill Salman Khan pose nude for Aamir?TVS launches Scooty ZestShilpa Shetty, Sushmita Sen in sexy outfits at LFW
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
TV show on first US president George Washington Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:40:24 AM IST file photo: George Washington
The life of America's first president George Wanshington is set to be the subject of a historical TV drama.
NBC has teamed up with a talented team that include Oscar and Emmy winners Barry Levinson (Rain Man), David Seidler (The King's Speech), Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey), Jason Sosnoff and Tom Fontana (Oz) for the potential series, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Based on 'Washington: A Life', the New York Times best-seller and Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Ron Chernow, the drama has the working title of 'George Washington'.
The makers promise that the drama will take an intimate look at the leader who became the father of a nation on one side of the Atlantic and a terrorist on the other.
"There's George Washington the national icon, gazing out from the dollar bill with his mouthful of supposedly wooden teeth, and then there's the George Washington who had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife," said Seidler, who will pen the script and executive produce.
"The George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image. Not an icon, a very human human being, who learned how to lead. That's the man I want to understand."
Levinson said that he was interested in unlocking the man behind the myth with all his flaws.
"What's so interesting is here was a man who was more instrumental to what our country is today and more famous than any other figure in our history, and yet no one knows anything about him," said Levinson.
"We know the myth of the man, but the reality was he was a flawed and troubled character who overcame his flaws to become one of the foremost leaders of this nation."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood's hot diva Alia Bhatt loves flaunt her well toned legs and thighs in short frock
- Akshay inks Karan Johar's next 'Brothers'
- Ranveer and Arjun to endorse Royal Stag
- Barbara Mori ties knot again?
- CBFC CEO took Rs 1 lakh to clear Punjabi film 'Kaum De Heere'
- Priyanka Chopra injured
- It's time for I&B ministry to help film fraternity: Vishal
- Why did Katrina refuse Baji Rao Mastani?
- Jacqueline dazzles the ramp at LFW 2014, view pics
It is super wired, shocking and unnatural but it is true. A donkey in Saudi avoided rape a
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart