- Shakira welcomes second babyI take tips from both my parents: AksharaSalman Khan paints an entire villageAbhay Deol, Preeti Desai no more togetherIslamic state fighters bomb 9 of Saddam Hussein\'s Palaces : View PicsWho will win Bigg Boss 8?PHOTOS: First poster of \'Bombay Velvet\'Huma Qureshi sports a short hairdoIndia shines in colors of 'Beating Retreat'No entry for Ranbir to meet Katrina
McLaren has unveiled new car, the MP4-30 to be driven by Alonso and Button this year.
TV show on first US president George Washington Last Updated : 16 Nov 2012 11:40:24 AM IST file photo: George Washington
The life of America's first president George Wanshington is set to be the subject of a historical TV drama.
NBC has teamed up with a talented team that include Oscar and Emmy winners Barry Levinson (Rain Man), David Seidler (The King's Speech), Gareth Neame (Downton Abbey), Jason Sosnoff and Tom Fontana (Oz) for the potential series, The Hollywood Reporter said.
Based on 'Washington: A Life', the New York Times best-seller and Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Ron Chernow, the drama has the working title of 'George Washington'.
The makers promise that the drama will take an intimate look at the leader who became the father of a nation on one side of the Atlantic and a terrorist on the other.
"There's George Washington the national icon, gazing out from the dollar bill with his mouthful of supposedly wooden teeth, and then there's the George Washington who had an adulterous affair with his best friend's wife," said Seidler, who will pen the script and executive produce.
"The George Washington obsessed with social status, finely tailored clothes, his image. Not an icon, a very human human being, who learned how to lead. That's the man I want to understand."
Levinson said that he was interested in unlocking the man behind the myth with all his flaws.
"What's so interesting is here was a man who was more instrumental to what our country is today and more famous than any other figure in our history, and yet no one knows anything about him," said Levinson.
"We know the myth of the man, but the reality was he was a flawed and troubled character who overcame his flaws to become one of the foremost leaders of this nation."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pop star Shakira welcomed second baby boy.
- PICS: I take tips from both my parents, says Akshara
- Salman Khan paints an entire village
- Rohit Shetty launches 'Khatron Ke Khiladi 6'
- FIRST LOOK: Aamir Khan in 'Dangal'
- Abhay Deol, Preeti Desai no more together
- Rani Mukerji gets standing ovation in Poland
- Who will win Bigg Boss 8?
- PHOTOS: First poster of 'Bombay Velvet'
Thousands of live cats destined "for consumption" have been seized in Hanoi.
test ad galery 3