- Bollywood beauties at award functionList of controversies surrounding Salman KhanAnushka brings stability in my life: Virat Kohli43 dinosaur egg fossils unearthed in ChinaSee Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken stateVarun Dhawan night out with Natasha DalalKapil Sharma to become a fatherList of top ten sexy Bollywood item girlsPics: Eight onscreen love stories of Aish-AbhishekWallpapers related to Akshaya Tritiya
Indian tennis star Sania Mirza says she would do all it takes to maintain her world number
Garland's 'Wizard of Oz' dress auctioned for USD 480,000 Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 04:00:30 PM IST file photo: Judy Garland
The famous blue gingham dress that Judy Garland's character Dorthy Gale wore in 1939 Hollywood classic 'Wizard of Oz' has fetched a whopping USD 480,000 at an auction.
The dress, which was worn by Garland throughout the film was not the only iconic costume sold at Julien's Auctions at Beverly Hills Gallery.
Another costume that Julie Andrews wore in 'The Sound of Music' brought USD 38,400, and a purple skirt worn by Marilyn Monroe during the Canadian filming of 'River of No Return' sold for USD 50,000, reported online media.
Other items sold included Steve McQueen's racing jacket, which went for USD 50,000, John Belushi sunglasses from The Blues Brothers, which brought USD 16,640. The Wizard of Oz key book, continuity and publicity images were sold for USD 33,750, while glasses worn by Johnny Depp in 'Dark Shadows' brought USD 3,250.
Another version of Garland's Oz dress had brought USD 910,000 in June 2011 at the Profiles in History auction in Calabasas, California.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
In an Award Function recently Bollywood divas and stars were looking their best.
- List of controversies surrounding Salman Khan
- See Salman, Vidya, Malaika, Ranvir, Sussane, Alia in a drunken state
- Varun Dhawan night out with Natasha Dalal
- Kapil Sharma to become a father
- Bollywood celebs mourn Ankit Keshri's death
- List of top ten sexy Bollywood item girls
- Priyanka, Deepika to dance together
- Sanjay-Karan played imp role in Aish-Abhi's marriage!
A total of 43 dinosaur egg fossils has been found at a construction site in south China's
Running out of battery? Yell at your phone to charge it!