- 'Fitoor' collects Rs.3.61 crore on Day 1Saroj Khan impressed with Deepika, 'Bajirao Mastani' choreographyAlia shares her dating fundas for V-DayNimrat Kaur's 'dream come true' at sis's weddingChiranjeevi's daughter set for second marriageModi inaugurates Make In India's first CentreSana Khan's photo shoot for V-DayApple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3Ten top best destinations to visit in USHottest Kissing Scenes Of Bollywood!
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff said on Saturday that the Rio 2016 Olympics will go for
Garland's 'Wizard of Oz' dress auctioned for USD 480,000 Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 04:00:30 PM IST file photo: Judy Garland
The famous blue gingham dress that Judy Garland's character Dorthy Gale wore in 1939 Hollywood classic 'Wizard of Oz' has fetched a whopping USD 480,000 at an auction.
The dress, which was worn by Garland throughout the film was not the only iconic costume sold at Julien's Auctions at Beverly Hills Gallery.
Another costume that Julie Andrews wore in 'The Sound of Music' brought USD 38,400, and a purple skirt worn by Marilyn Monroe during the Canadian filming of 'River of No Return' sold for USD 50,000, reported online media.
Other items sold included Steve McQueen's racing jacket, which went for USD 50,000, John Belushi sunglasses from The Blues Brothers, which brought USD 16,640. The Wizard of Oz key book, continuity and publicity images were sold for USD 33,750, while glasses worn by Johnny Depp in 'Dark Shadows' brought USD 3,250.
Another version of Garland's Oz dress had brought USD 910,000 in June 2011 at the Profiles in History auction in Calabasas, California.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Filmmaker Divya Khosla KumarÂ’s love story 'Sanam Re', starring Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gau
- 'Fitoor' collects Rs.3.61 crore on Day 1
- You might see me soon on TV, says Juhi
- Saroj Khan impressed with Deepika, 'Bajirao Mastani' choreography
- New short film for Valentine's Day
- Alia shares her dating fundas for V-Day
- Nimrat Kaur's 'dream come true' at sis's wedding
- Chiranjeevi's daughter set for second marriage
- Sana Khan's photo shoot for V-Day
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Apple to launch iPhone 5se, iPad Air 3 on March 15th.