- Karan Johar to start filming \'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil\' in LondonI am protective about Shahid says Shaandaar AliaDid \'Shaandar\' because concept was fresh: Shahid KapoorFamous Bollywood star siblingsReview Phantom: 10 reasons to watch itSaif Ali does not want Kareena to sufferWhy Kapil Sharma was the chosen one for Kis Kisko Pyaar KaroonHaven\'t re-shot anything for \'Jagga Jasoos\': Katrina KaifLet’s know about the celebs through their tattoosYou will make your fathers proud: SRK to Athiya, Sooraj
The Delhi High Court revoked the conferment of Rashtriya Khel Protsahan Puraskar (RKPP) 20
Garland's 'Wizard of Oz' dress auctioned for USD 480,000 Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 04:00:30 PM IST file photo: Judy Garland
The famous blue gingham dress that Judy Garland's character Dorthy Gale wore in 1939 Hollywood classic 'Wizard of Oz' has fetched a whopping USD 480,000 at an auction.
The dress, which was worn by Garland throughout the film was not the only iconic costume sold at Julien's Auctions at Beverly Hills Gallery.
Another costume that Julie Andrews wore in 'The Sound of Music' brought USD 38,400, and a purple skirt worn by Marilyn Monroe during the Canadian filming of 'River of No Return' sold for USD 50,000, reported online media.
Other items sold included Steve McQueen's racing jacket, which went for USD 50,000, John Belushi sunglasses from The Blues Brothers, which brought USD 16,640. The Wizard of Oz key book, continuity and publicity images were sold for USD 33,750, while glasses worn by Johnny Depp in 'Dark Shadows' brought USD 3,250.
Another version of Garland's Oz dress had brought USD 910,000 in June 2011 at the Profiles in History auction in Calabasas, California.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'Pyaar ka Punchnama' did wonders at the box office and now the makers are back with its se
- SRK reaches 15m fan following on Twitter
- Like to work with Sonam: Hrithik
- John doesn't blame Nana Patekar for short temper
- Amanda Peterson no more
- Salman to shoot for 'Bigg Boss 9' promos in Karjat
- There is no replacement for Akshay Kumar: Anees Bazmee
- Happy with 'Phantom' response, says Saif
- Director Mahmood Farooqui charged with rape
Scientists have discovered that Roman-era Egyptian mummy portraits used the pigment Egypti
Lenovo starts smartphone manufacturing in India.