- PICS: Anil Kapoor\'s son HarshvardhanPICS : B'Town stars sans make-upPICS : Controversial Mamata KulkarniPICS : Athiya Shetty set for BollywoodPICS : Ranveer-Deepika in demandSushmita walks the ramp with daughter ReneeAishwarya-Abhishek wedding picsAlia, Arjun on Harper's Bazaar MagazineWhen Alia Bhatt lost weight for SOTYBollywood actresses who like selfies
Stanislas Wawrinka signalled his French Open ambitions when he beat Roger Federer 4-6, 7-
Garland's 'Wizard of Oz' dress auctioned for USD 480,000 Last Updated : 12 Nov 2012 04:00:30 PM IST file photo: Judy Garland
The famous blue gingham dress that Judy Garland's character Dorthy Gale wore in 1939 Hollywood classic 'Wizard of Oz' has fetched a whopping USD 480,000 at an auction.
The dress, which was worn by Garland throughout the film was not the only iconic costume sold at Julien's Auctions at Beverly Hills Gallery.
Another costume that Julie Andrews wore in 'The Sound of Music' brought USD 38,400, and a purple skirt worn by Marilyn Monroe during the Canadian filming of 'River of No Return' sold for USD 50,000, reported online media.
Other items sold included Steve McQueen's racing jacket, which went for USD 50,000, John Belushi sunglasses from The Blues Brothers, which brought USD 16,640. The Wizard of Oz key book, continuity and publicity images were sold for USD 33,750, while glasses worn by Johnny Depp in 'Dark Shadows' brought USD 3,250.
Another version of Garland's Oz dress had brought USD 910,000 in June 2011 at the Profiles in History auction in Calabasas, California.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, who is appointed as the brand ambassador of a condom brand
- PICS: Alia-Arjun inseparable
- Guess what is Deepika's introductory song in Happy New Year
- PICS: Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan
- PICS : B'Town stars sans make-up
- PICS : Controversial Mamata Kulkarni
- PICS : Athiya Shetty set for Bollywood
- PICS : Ranveer-Deepika in demand
- Kangana --the perfect 'Revolver Rani',says Sai Kabir
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.