- Shruti, Akshay at 'Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma'Shocking! See Radhika Apte's pics where she goes nudePics: Stardom during Sri Krishna MahostavBollywood divas who bring loss to producersHow women can keep breasts youngSachin irritated at Sara's Bollywood debut?When Sexy Shruti shakes leg with Kamal HassanRadhika Apte’s front nude pic goes viral on WhattsappMy wife is my life guru: Jon HammShocking pictures of Nepal earthquake
Sachin Tendulkar is furious about the news of his daughter Sara making a Bollywood debut.
Vishwaroopam hits theatres in TN, tickets sold out till weekend Last Updated : 07 Feb 2013 01:40:26 PM IST Vishwaroopam finally hits screens in TN on Thursday; fans celebrate
Overcoming a fortnight-long suspense and drama, Kamal Haasan's Tamil move 'Vishwaroopam' finally hit the screens across Tamil Nadu to packed houses, amid celebrations by delirious fans.
It was a jamboree of sorts as elated fans danced to drum beat and burst crackers as they thronged the cinema-houses since early morning, some pouring milk over the cutouts of the 58-year-old actor.
"We are very happy with the response and shows have been booked till Monday. Kamal has done a brilliant job," a theatre owner said.Haasan's fans said the technically advanced film could match up to any Hollywood production.
"It is like a Hollywood movie," said a fan outside a theatre. "Hats off to Kamal. He has taken Indian cinema to a new height," said another.
The film, originally scheduled for January 25 release,started screening in some theatres as early as 6AM.Its release was delayed in the wake of protests by some Muslim outfits who found certain scenes 'offensive' to the community, prompting the Tamil Nadu government to ban it for two weeks.
The movie was cleared for release after the makers agreed to cut seven scenes following a meeting between Haasan and the
Muslim outfits, which was brokered by the state government. The state ban on the spy-thriller centring around terror,triggered a nationwide condemnation and support for Haasan,who had threatened to go on a self-imposed exile following the politics over his film. The actor had pledged his house to make the Rs 100 crore movie.
The Hindi and Telugu versions were released without much ado and Tamil also in Kerala and Karnataka.Haasan had also taken the battle to the court.Prior to the protests by Muslim outfits, the film had faced problems with the tech-savvy actor insisting on release on the DTH platform before showing it in theatres. The theatre owners' opposition had forced him to delay the release.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
We've heard a lot happens over coffee and now it's time for fans to see Akki romance Shrut
- Radhika Apte is boldest babe of Bollywood
- Salman sings romantic song for 'Hero'
- Shruti, Akshay at 'Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma'
- Shocking! See Radhika Apte's pics where she goes nude
- Kim Kardashian's daughter loves selfies
- US star Lena felt powerless after her rape
- Bruce Jenner decided to change sex
- Pics: Stardom during Sri Krishna Mahostav
In a shocking incident, an infant died of suffocation after her 25-year-old mother alleged
Asus India launched the successor to their much-loved Zenfone range in the Asus Zenfone 2,