- Sidharth spending night with Alia,Mom Razdan reveals allInteresting facts about Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'List of Kangana Ranaut's boyfriendsWhen Sachin’s driving cause headache to AnjaliIs Rakhi obsessed with Sunny Leone? said, \'Leela ko geela kar dungi\'Ranveer's lady love feels proud of him!BMW launches new ‘6 Series Gran Coupe‘You can never win from media’IIFA:Sonakshi Sinha stuns everyone with her new lookMithun Chakroborty a Naxalite?
Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko said today he was pleased by Sepp Blatter's reelecti
Vishwaroopam hits theatres in TN, tickets sold out till weekend Last Updated : 07 Feb 2013 01:40:26 PM IST Vishwaroopam finally hits screens in TN on Thursday; fans celebrate
Overcoming a fortnight-long suspense and drama, Kamal Haasan's Tamil move 'Vishwaroopam' finally hit the screens across Tamil Nadu to packed houses, amid celebrations by delirious fans.
It was a jamboree of sorts as elated fans danced to drum beat and burst crackers as they thronged the cinema-houses since early morning, some pouring milk over the cutouts of the 58-year-old actor.
"We are very happy with the response and shows have been booked till Monday. Kamal has done a brilliant job," a theatre owner said.Haasan's fans said the technically advanced film could match up to any Hollywood production.
"It is like a Hollywood movie," said a fan outside a theatre. "Hats off to Kamal. He has taken Indian cinema to a new height," said another.
The film, originally scheduled for January 25 release,started screening in some theatres as early as 6AM.Its release was delayed in the wake of protests by some Muslim outfits who found certain scenes 'offensive' to the community, prompting the Tamil Nadu government to ban it for two weeks.
The movie was cleared for release after the makers agreed to cut seven scenes following a meeting between Haasan and the
Muslim outfits, which was brokered by the state government. The state ban on the spy-thriller centring around terror,triggered a nationwide condemnation and support for Haasan,who had threatened to go on a self-imposed exile following the politics over his film. The actor had pledged his house to make the Rs 100 crore movie.
The Hindi and Telugu versions were released without much ado and Tamil also in Kerala and Karnataka.Haasan had also taken the battle to the court.Prior to the protests by Muslim outfits, the film had faced problems with the tech-savvy actor insisting on release on the DTH platform before showing it in theatres. The theatre owners' opposition had forced him to delay the release.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan has turned down the offer to star in the biopic on Suchitra Sen as she
- Sidharth spending night with Alia,Mom Razdan reveals all
- Interesting facts about Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- List of Kangana Ranaut's boyfriends
- Dharmendra discharged from hospital, surgery postponed
- Is Rakhi obsessed with Sunny Leone? said, 'Leela ko geela kar dungi'
- Ranveer's lady love feels proud of him!
- Didn't do '50 Shades' because of nudity
- PICS:‘You can never win from media’
Flight delays can make passengers grumpy but not when the pilot orders pizzas for them as
Announcing its India foray, Chinese handset maker Coolpad today said it will set up an ass