- Pics : Spectacular opening ceremony of 2014 CWGKareena angry with DeepikaWedding bells for Soha Ali Khan and Kunal KhemuTop ten kisses in Hindi filmsWhen eternal glamor queen Rekha posed naked and more...In Pics: Bollywood bombshells feature on magazine coversTen Boldest Bollywood moviesPlot leaked: Find out what Salman Khan\'s Kick is all aboutKatrina copies Deepika\'s bikiniWhat is Salman Khan's fee for Bigg Boss 8 and his conditions
The master batsman and leading run-scorer in test history presented her with a car when s
Vishwaroopam hits theatres in TN, tickets sold out till weekend Last Updated : 07 Feb 2013 01:40:26 PM IST Vishwaroopam finally hits screens in TN on Thursday; fans celebrate
Overcoming a fortnight-long suspense and drama, Kamal Haasan's Tamil move 'Vishwaroopam' finally hit the screens across Tamil Nadu to packed houses, amid celebrations by delirious fans.
It was a jamboree of sorts as elated fans danced to drum beat and burst crackers as they thronged the cinema-houses since early morning, some pouring milk over the cutouts of the 58-year-old actor.
"We are very happy with the response and shows have been booked till Monday. Kamal has done a brilliant job," a theatre owner said.Haasan's fans said the technically advanced film could match up to any Hollywood production.
"It is like a Hollywood movie," said a fan outside a theatre. "Hats off to Kamal. He has taken Indian cinema to a new height," said another.
The film, originally scheduled for January 25 release,started screening in some theatres as early as 6AM.Its release was delayed in the wake of protests by some Muslim outfits who found certain scenes 'offensive' to the community, prompting the Tamil Nadu government to ban it for two weeks.
The movie was cleared for release after the makers agreed to cut seven scenes following a meeting between Haasan and the
Muslim outfits, which was brokered by the state government. The state ban on the spy-thriller centring around terror,triggered a nationwide condemnation and support for Haasan,who had threatened to go on a self-imposed exile following the politics over his film. The actor had pledged his house to make the Rs 100 crore movie.
The Hindi and Telugu versions were released without much ado and Tamil also in Kerala and Karnataka.Haasan had also taken the battle to the court.Prior to the protests by Muslim outfits, the film had faced problems with the tech-savvy actor insisting on release on the DTH platform before showing it in theatres. The theatre owners' opposition had forced him to delay the release.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar has crooned a song for his film It's Entertainment
- Priyanka Chopra's bald avatar in Mary Kom
- Madhur Bhandarkar starts shooting 'Calender Girls'
- Kareena angry with Deepika
- Wedding bells in Kareena-Saif family
- Top ten kisses in Hindi films
- When eternal glamor queen Rekha posed naked and more...
- In Pics: Bollywood's naughty covergirls 2014
- Ten Boldest Bollywood movies
The Zoology department of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) at Pasighat in East Siang distric
Prices of QWERTY handsets of Blackberry have been slashed to make them affordable.