- Tips to dress your best this festive seasonYou look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says AnushkaDIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this Diwali
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
Manoj Bajpai gets international film offers Last Updated : 22 Jan 2013 01:37:11 PM IST Manoj Bajpai gets international film offers
Manoj Bajpai, who garnered critical acclaim for his potrayal of a ganglord in 'Gangs of Wasseypur', has received several acting offers from abroad.
'GoW' was premiered at 65th Cannes International Film Festival and screened at Sydney Film Festival among others. The film seems to have been instrumental in getting Bajpai noticed by foreign filmmakers.
"I have received offers...I am going through a script. It has come from an American independent filmmaker and not from any studio. I would love to do an international film," Bajpai told.
His portrayal of Sardar Khan in the revenge drama won him a lot of accolades.
"I think somewhere Anurag Kashyap is my ticket to international films. I keep pestering him to get me scripts. I have got offers and that came through Anurag," the 43-year-old actor said.
Actors like Anil Kapoor and Irrfan Khan are doing Hollywood projects. Bajpai, who is known for playing off-beat and unconventional roles is perfectly fine doing small roles in international projects.
"I remember telling Tabu that if I get to one scene in Oscar winning director Ang Lee's film I will do it. As I believe life is short I don't know when I will get next chance," he said.
"I did 'Veer Zaara' for Yash Chopra. I did the film thinking when will I get opportunity to get directed by Yash Chopra...so I did it purely for him. It was just to get an experience of working with him. But at the same time one should feel the urge to do the film," he said.
The actor will be seen next in Neeraj Pandey's 'Special Chabbis'.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r