- Juhi says tv is no longer small mediumThe 46th IFFI creating buzz in GoaExclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?OMG! Stress can make you uglySRK-Kajol don\'t take their stardom for granted: Varun SharmaBest Thanksgiving Parades in the USA in PicsKabir Khan feels cinema can\'t help fight terrorismSushant to romance Kriti Sanon in Dinesh Vijan\'s moviePriyanka not to promote \'Bajirao Mastani\'Lagaan actress Gracy Singh to play goddess Santoshi in the show Santoshi Maa!
Pro-cam International announces arrangements for route map of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2
Manoj Bajpai gets international film offers Last Updated : 22 Jan 2013 01:37:11 PM IST Manoj Bajpai gets international film offers
Manoj Bajpai, who garnered critical acclaim for his potrayal of a ganglord in 'Gangs of Wasseypur', has received several acting offers from abroad.
'GoW' was premiered at 65th Cannes International Film Festival and screened at Sydney Film Festival among others. The film seems to have been instrumental in getting Bajpai noticed by foreign filmmakers.
"I have received offers...I am going through a script. It has come from an American independent filmmaker and not from any studio. I would love to do an international film," Bajpai told.
His portrayal of Sardar Khan in the revenge drama won him a lot of accolades.
"I think somewhere Anurag Kashyap is my ticket to international films. I keep pestering him to get me scripts. I have got offers and that came through Anurag," the 43-year-old actor said.
Actors like Anil Kapoor and Irrfan Khan are doing Hollywood projects. Bajpai, who is known for playing off-beat and unconventional roles is perfectly fine doing small roles in international projects.
"I remember telling Tabu that if I get to one scene in Oscar winning director Ang Lee's film I will do it. As I believe life is short I don't know when I will get next chance," he said.
"I did 'Veer Zaara' for Yash Chopra. I did the film thinking when will I get opportunity to get directed by Yash Chopra...so I did it purely for him. It was just to get an experience of working with him. But at the same time one should feel the urge to do the film," he said.
The actor will be seen next in Neeraj Pandey's 'Special Chabbis'.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Juhi Parmar says Television is no longer small medium.
- Keith returns to 'Bigg Boss 9'
- The 46th IFFI creating buzz in Goa
- Aamir not to leave India forever
- Vivek avoids commenting on Salman
- Exclusive: Why Salim Khan was wearing Mr Right cap?
- SRK-Kajol don't take their stardom for granted: Varun Sharma
- Kabir Khan feels cinema can't help fight terrorism
- Genelia posts pictures of birthday boy Riaan
In a gruesome and shocking incident, the head of a baby got separated from its body during
The Power Electronics and Control unit company has developed mobile application "MassPark"