- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Northern Ireland on Wednesday announced a 23-member football squad for the World Cup quali
Manoj Bajpai gets international film offers Last Updated : 22 Jan 2013 01:37:11 PM IST Manoj Bajpai gets international film offers
Manoj Bajpai, who garnered critical acclaim for his potrayal of a ganglord in 'Gangs of Wasseypur', has received several acting offers from abroad.
'GoW' was premiered at 65th Cannes International Film Festival and screened at Sydney Film Festival among others. The film seems to have been instrumental in getting Bajpai noticed by foreign filmmakers.
"I have received offers...I am going through a script. It has come from an American independent filmmaker and not from any studio. I would love to do an international film," Bajpai told.
His portrayal of Sardar Khan in the revenge drama won him a lot of accolades.
"I think somewhere Anurag Kashyap is my ticket to international films. I keep pestering him to get me scripts. I have got offers and that came through Anurag," the 43-year-old actor said.
Actors like Anil Kapoor and Irrfan Khan are doing Hollywood projects. Bajpai, who is known for playing off-beat and unconventional roles is perfectly fine doing small roles in international projects.
"I remember telling Tabu that if I get to one scene in Oscar winning director Ang Lee's film I will do it. As I believe life is short I don't know when I will get next chance," he said.
"I did 'Veer Zaara' for Yash Chopra. I did the film thinking when will I get opportunity to get directed by Yash Chopra...so I did it purely for him. It was just to get an experience of working with him. But at the same time one should feel the urge to do the film," he said.
The actor will be seen next in Neeraj Pandey's 'Special Chabbis'.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Academy Award-winning actor Christoph Waltz is in talks to star in filmmaker James Cameron
- Atif Aslam won't perform in Gurgaon
- B-town stars greet fans on Janmashtami
- Ariana Grande sued for copyright infringement
- Shraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFW
- Britney Spears biopic coming to TV soon
- Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami
- 'Remo' director to reunite with film's makers
- Bhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her book
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
If you are in awe of those early morning queues outside Apple Stores globally, hang on. Fr