- Me and Hrithik were not holidaying together: SussanneKareena shoots first ad post pregnancy newsFawad, Deepika turn muse for Manish MalhotraHockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes awayB'Day Special: Controversial Shweta Basu is Naseeruddin Shah's co star in Inter..Facebook,Twitter, Bigg Boss, Mumbai Blast, Tsunami turning 10 this year.When I was 13: Rahul Bose takes celebs down memory laneSocial media trolls don't affect me anymore: Anushka SharmaI'm one of the rare breed of directors: Nishikant KamatDeepika wishes 'kindest, generous' Vin Diesel on birthday
The Olympic Village for the Rio Games was officially opened on Sunday and 3,600 apartments
Son of Sardar movie review :Keep off to protect your Diwali Last Updated : 13 Nov 2012 10:54:16 AM IST Son of Sardar
Son of Sardar is an attempt at comedy but ends up as tragedy for the audience at least. The film is laboured and effort to evoke laughter is so artificial that one feels like crying instead.
Not that it has not impressive cast—Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt, Sonakshi Sinha and Juhi Chawala to name a few. Each of them has also tried to do well. But they had little chance as the script was hardly enabling.
If your effort to crack a joke fails, everybody knows what happens. The film is precisely that. The main protagonist Ajay Devgan comes back form UK to sold a piece of land in Phagwara of Punjab.
But he lands in a trouble as a family is waiting for him to settle old scores. The revenge of a family murder committed by the father of Jassi (Ajay Devgan) is to be taken. The family which offers him recluse is the one which wants to murder him.
But this family has a ludicrous tradition of not killing a guest till he is in the confines of its house. It leads to subsequent dramas, each beating the other in stupidity and mindlessness.
Sanjay Dutt who had given sparkling performance in Munna Bhai looks so stupid attempting to look innocent that one’s heart goes out to him. So is Sonakshi Sinha who has befriended Jassi on way from Delhi in train but discovered that her family is after his life.
It is indeed tough to make a successful laughter show as your creativity is stretched to its limit. The attempt at Son of Sardar is at best feeble. The combined effort of some of the bollywood finest actors has failed to deliver. Want to protect your Dipawali, keep off Son of Sardar.
'Son Of Sardar' official trailer
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Sobhita Dhulipala, best known for her debut performance in Anurag Kashyap's "Raman
- Rihanna doesn't want her fans 'catching Pokemons' at concerts
- Kate Beckinsale denies dating David Walliams
- Treated Sunil as a technician in 'Jakkanna': Director
- 'Kabali' mints $3.5 million in North America
- Kangana turns Mughal empress for Manav Gangwani
- Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
- 'Kabali' mints Rs 11.4 crore in north India in two days
- 'Mission Tiger' makers urge government to declare film tax-free
We humans are always cross the limits ― in events like skydiving, downhill skiing, car r
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an