- R.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of massesKareena Kapoor's pregnancy news ceases to fade; is lil Saif on way?List of IIFA 2016 Best Actress NominationsReview: Independence Day: Resurgence- Staid and worn outAnkita Lokhande not dating Kushal TandonHeavy showers lashes Mumbai, high tide expectedSky is the limit for me with right director: Alia BhattIt's not about size of role in Hollywood, but experience: DeepikaRevealed: Whom is Ankita Lokhande dating after Sushant!'Raman Raghav 2.0': Cleverly crafted, compelling
Commonwealth Games gold medallist shooter Jitu Rai, who on Saturday bagged the silver in 1
Katrina named world's sexiest Asian woman Last Updated : 04 Dec 2013 11:49:33 PM IST File photo of Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif.
Her absence from the big screen for a year has not stopped Bollywood beauty Katrina Kaif from winning the world's sexiest Asian woman title for the fourth consecutive year in a poll by a weekly magazine in London on Wednesday.
The actress narrowly defeated Priyanka Chopra, TV star Drashti Dhami and current box office queen Deepika Padukone. She secured the top spot in the world-renowned '50 Sexiest Asian Women List 2013' with Chopra coming second, Dhami third and Padukone fourth.
A permanent fixture in the top three for the past six years, Kaif beat off competition from the world's most stunning Asian women in the tenth edition of UK based, Eastern Eye newspaper's definitive Sexy List.
The fourth win comes just weeks before Katrina hits the big screen again in one of the year's biggest Bollywood releases 'Dhoom 3: Back In Action'.
"I didn't know it was a record! That's a nice surprise and a lot of fun to hear. I like it because Eastern Eye newspaper is the one my sisters see because they live in London. It's lovely, but also people are reacting to what they see.
"Obviously if everyone were to see me when I wake up in the morning or in my track pants and then vote for me, then maybe I would be a little bit more believing of it myself. But of course it's very flattering," Katrina said.
Chairman of the judging panel and magazine's showbiz editor Asjad Nazir, who annually puts the list together, said it was a close race.
Katrina named world's sexiest Asian woman for fourth time:
Like last year, the biggest surprise of 2013 list was the sheer dominance of television actresses from India. Dhami added to a dream year by becoming the first television actress to crack the top three while her friend Sanaya Irani entered the top 10 for the first time at sixth position.
Other Indian television actresses who made the list included last year's highest new entry Nia Sharma (11), Jennifer Winget (15), Asha Negi (18), Krystle D'Souza (19) and Rubina Dilaik (26).
The highest new entry was 'Aashiqui 2' star Shraddha Kapoor (12), who narrowly missed out the top 10. The highest placed Pakistani was Humaima Malick (15) and the only non-Indian in the list was 'Anger Management' star Noureen DeWulf (10).
The American actress, who stars alongside Charlie Sheen in the hit US sitcom, dominated the non-Asian vote. The oldest women in the list were Bollywood icons Madhuri Dixit (23) and Sridevi (40).
Other notable stars in this year's list include Sonam Kapoor (5), Parineeti Chopra (14), Sophie Choudry (21), Mehreen Syed (22), Sunidhi Chauhan (28), Ankita Lokhande (29), Hina Khan (31) and Shreya Ghoshal (43).
2013's full list is out on December 6 in the magazine.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Anurag Kashyap's directorial “Raman Raghav 2.0”, which released on Friday, had a slow
- Shraddha Kapoor injured on 'Half Girlfriend' set
- R.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of masses
- Hopefully Hollywood will be my next destination: Alia Bhatt
- 'R.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of masses'
- 'Bajirao Mastani' sweeps technical awards at IIFA gala
- Nicolas Cage splits from wife Alice Kim
- Mrudula Murali to make Bollywood debut with 'Raag Desh'
- Online medium great to try something new: Tahir Raj Bhasin
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Panasonic India on Thursday launched a new fully-rugged, 2-in-1 lightweight Toughbook CF-2