- Top most Sexy South SirensOMG! Saif caught with pants down, view picsNew Alto K10 to launch next monthParties begin in Rajesh Khanna\'s AashirwaadEkta Kapoor's Box Cricket LeagueWatch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New YearPICS: Fiat Avventura launched at Rs 5.99 lakhSalman's family ready for Diwali, Arpita's wedding celebrationsAishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif\'s Diwali looksBollywood bombs, Patakas and phuljharis, view pics
South African prison officials say Oscar Pistorius spent his first night in a single cell
Irrfan Khan returns to small screen Last Updated : 06 Aug 2013 05:43:05 PM IST Actor Irrfan Khan at the launch of a TV series in New Delhi on Tuesday.
Irrfan Khan is returning on small screen as the host of reality show 'Emergency Room' which will showcase the happenings inside the emergency ward of a hospital.
Khan, 46, who hosted some episodes of 'Mano Ya Na Mano 2', is set reprise his role as an anchor in National Geographic Channel's show, which revolves around the real life experiences of people who deal with medical emergencies.
"This show gave me a chance to go inside the emergency room and make people aware of the issue. I am just an anchor on the show and have a very small role to play," Irrfan told media persons during the launch of the show here.
The series which is divided in to 20 parts will go on air from August 12.
The channel has collaborated with Medanta Hospital where the filming of the show has taken place.
Irrfan Khan returns to small screen with 'Emergency Room':
The series will encourage public to get involved in such situations which will help in saving many more lives.
"Many times, people debate whether they should get involved in a situation or not. They are worried that they will get trapped in legal troubles when they get involved. The show will address this issue also. We want to create awareness that a little sensitivity can save lives," he added.
The 48-year-old actor dismissed suggestion that the show was similar to American drama 'Greys Anatomy'. Irrfan said the US show is scripted whereas 'Emergency Room depicts real situations.
Irrfan, who has been a part of iconic TV shows like "Chandrakanta" and "Chanakya", is looking forward to make a connect with his audience through the show.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
South sirens of the South have been very dear to the fans.
- OMG! Saif caught with pants down, view pics
- Parties begin in Rajesh Khanna's Aashirwaad
- Ekta Kapoor's Box Cricket League
- Watch Deepika Padukone promoting Happy New Year
- Salman's family ready for Diwali, Arpita's wedding celebrations
- Aishwarya Rai, Katrina Kaif's Diwali looks
- Salman cleans Karjat, nominates Aamir for 'Swachh Bharat campaign'
- SPOTTED: Ranbir, Katrina in Thailand
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country