- Thousands pay tribute to Mahasweta DeviB-Town supports Dia's directorial debutPhilippines to host Miss Universe pageant in Jan 2017Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequelCheck Out 'Mohenjo Daro' new poster featuring HrithikHarbhajan Singh blessed with baby girlExcited, nervous about 'Raees': Mahira KhanTen unknown facts about Huma QureshiPoonam Pandey all set with her new video for her fansBig B celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
Overnight leader Amandeep Drall bagged the 11th Leg of the Hero women Professional golf To
Irrfan Khan returns to small screen Last Updated : 06 Aug 2013 05:43:05 PM IST Actor Irrfan Khan at the launch of a TV series in New Delhi on Tuesday.
Irrfan Khan is returning on small screen as the host of reality show 'Emergency Room' which will showcase the happenings inside the emergency ward of a hospital.
Khan, 46, who hosted some episodes of 'Mano Ya Na Mano 2', is set reprise his role as an anchor in National Geographic Channel's show, which revolves around the real life experiences of people who deal with medical emergencies.
"This show gave me a chance to go inside the emergency room and make people aware of the issue. I am just an anchor on the show and have a very small role to play," Irrfan told media persons during the launch of the show here.
The series which is divided in to 20 parts will go on air from August 12.
The channel has collaborated with Medanta Hospital where the filming of the show has taken place.
Irrfan Khan returns to small screen with 'Emergency Room':
The series will encourage public to get involved in such situations which will help in saving many more lives.
"Many times, people debate whether they should get involved in a situation or not. They are worried that they will get trapped in legal troubles when they get involved. The show will address this issue also. We want to create awareness that a little sensitivity can save lives," he added.
The 48-year-old actor dismissed suggestion that the show was similar to American drama 'Greys Anatomy'. Irrfan said the US show is scripted whereas 'Emergency Room depicts real situations.
Irrfan, who has been a part of iconic TV shows like "Chandrakanta" and "Chanakya", is looking forward to make a connect with his audience through the show.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Film: The BFG; Director: Steven Spielberg; Cast: Mark Rylance, Ruby Barnhill, Penelope Wil
- Pratyusha case: Parents allege bias in police probe
- B-Town supports Dia's directorial debut
- Bollywood is on Mr. World's wish list
- Mahesh Babu's next starts rolling
- Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequel
- Sanjay Dutt, Mahesh Manjrekar to again team up for 'De Dhakka' remake
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Basu
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu