- PM Modi celebrates Diwali with jawans at Siachen'PK' is the toughest role of my career: Aamir KhanFirst fish hospital in Kolkata soonMany faces of Shah Rukh KhanIndia celebrates Diwali with traditional fervourCamila Alves pressured husbandActress caught having sex in public placeRanveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti ChopraNissan rolls out premium EvaliaIndia\'s first seaplane service
Sardar Singh will lead a 21-member Indian men’s hockey squad for the four-match Test tou
Irrfan Khan returns to small screen Last Updated : 06 Aug 2013 05:43:05 PM IST Actor Irrfan Khan at the launch of a TV series in New Delhi on Tuesday.
Irrfan Khan is returning on small screen as the host of reality show 'Emergency Room' which will showcase the happenings inside the emergency ward of a hospital.
Khan, 46, who hosted some episodes of 'Mano Ya Na Mano 2', is set reprise his role as an anchor in National Geographic Channel's show, which revolves around the real life experiences of people who deal with medical emergencies.
"This show gave me a chance to go inside the emergency room and make people aware of the issue. I am just an anchor on the show and have a very small role to play," Irrfan told media persons during the launch of the show here.
The series which is divided in to 20 parts will go on air from August 12.
The channel has collaborated with Medanta Hospital where the filming of the show has taken place.
Irrfan Khan returns to small screen with 'Emergency Room':
The series will encourage public to get involved in such situations which will help in saving many more lives.
"Many times, people debate whether they should get involved in a situation or not. They are worried that they will get trapped in legal troubles when they get involved. The show will address this issue also. We want to create awareness that a little sensitivity can save lives," he added.
The 48-year-old actor dismissed suggestion that the show was similar to American drama 'Greys Anatomy'. Irrfan said the US show is scripted whereas 'Emergency Room depicts real situations.
Irrfan, who has been a part of iconic TV shows like "Chandrakanta" and "Chanakya", is looking forward to make a connect with his audience through the show.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Aamir Khan says his role in upcoming comedy-drama 'PK' is one of the challenging roles of
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'PK' teaser
- Many faces of Shah Rukh Khan
- Men tried to harass Taylor Swift
- Scarlett named most fascinating people
- Camila Alves pressured husband
- Actress caught having sex in public place
- Ranveer Singh sizzles with Parineeti Chopra
- Like Tagore's 'Ektuku Choya Lage': Anup Jalota! Listen song
Country's first fish hospital to treat abnormalities and diseases in them is set to come u
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country