- Shruthi Seth lands in controversyWhy is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?Salman missing 'party days'Garam Dharam upset with mediaA walk in nature could battle depressionVarun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 croreStar studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’Gaysil Naubert to choreographPooja Bhatt refused 'Aashiqui' for loveWho first came to meet Hema Malini after the accident?
World champions Australia overcame some stiff resistance put up by Great Britain to notch
Shots fired at Cannes film festival – Man held after scare Last Updated : 18 May 2013 03:09:35 PM IST File photo
A man was arrested on Saturday after causing a scare at the Cannes Film Festival, where he attacked a TV studio with a gun loaded with blanks and a dummy grenade,police and witnesses said.
There were no casualties in the incident, and the TV channel, France's Canal +, resumed broadcasts after a break of several minutes.The suspected assailant fired twice in the air as he approached the temporary studio, set up on the Croisette seafront for special coverage of the film festival, they said.
"He said to a woman next to him 'if I were you, I wouldn't stick around here'," said Michel Denisot, the programme's presenter. "The police intervened. He had a hand grenade. There were no bullets in the gun and the grenade was a fake," he told viewers.
There was a brief moment of panic in the crowd around the seafront studio, but no-one was hurt.Marcel Authier, in charge of public security in the local Alpes-Maritimes department, told AFP that the arrested individual was a 42-year-old man.
"It's someone mentally unstable who was immediately arrested," Authier said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shruthi Seth lands in trouble after criticising Narendra Modi.
- Salman scoffs at legal notice
- Why is Bebo giving a miss to 'Bajrangi Bhaijan' promotions?
- Salman missing 'party days'
- Hema Malini discharged from hospital
- Aamir-A R Rahman teams up for next home production
- Garam Dharam upset with media
- Varun-Shraddha's 'ABCD 2' nearing 100 crore
- Star studded screening for ‘Guddu Rangeela’
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Xiaomi the smartphone giant which offers great features at less prices has yet made anothe