- PICS: Priyanka\'s ramp walk scarePICS: Angry people like red!PICS : Unstoppable Lionel MessiKareena walks the ramp at LFW 2014 finaleCountry Celebrates Colourful HoliPICS : Match-winners in T20 WCWhy do men get ditched?PICS : Celebrities in 2014 pollsBollywood Divas walk the ramp at LFW 2014PICS : Unravelling Reeva Steenkamp
Lionel Messi set another scoring record by netting a hat-trick to pace Barcelona's 7-0 rou
Shots fired at Cannes film festival – Man held after scare Last Updated : 18 May 2013 03:09:35 PM IST File photo
A man was arrested on Saturday after causing a scare at the Cannes Film Festival, where he attacked a TV studio with a gun loaded with blanks and a dummy grenade,police and witnesses said.
There were no casualties in the incident, and the TV channel, France's Canal +, resumed broadcasts after a break of several minutes.The suspected assailant fired twice in the air as he approached the temporary studio, set up on the Croisette seafront for special coverage of the film festival, they said.
"He said to a woman next to him 'if I were you, I wouldn't stick around here'," said Michel Denisot, the programme's presenter. "The police intervened. He had a hand grenade. There were no bullets in the gun and the grenade was a fake," he told viewers.
There was a brief moment of panic in the crowd around the seafront studio, but no-one was hurt.Marcel Authier, in charge of public security in the local Alpes-Maritimes department, told AFP that the arrested individual was a 42-year-old man.
"It's someone mentally unstable who was immediately arrested," Authier said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Southern actress Lakshmi Menon, who locked lips with Vishal Krishna for upcoming Tamil act
- Kareena doesn't feel disheartened
- PICS: Priyanka's ramp walk scare
- Deepika keen to turn assistant director for Ranveer Singh's film
- Amitabh, SRK will not celebrate Holi
- Kareena walks the ramp at LFW 2014 finale
- 'Happy Holi' says Bollywood
- Veena blames ex-boyfriend for 'anti-India' tweet
- Sunny Leone truns nervous
An Indian mother who could not afford to pay for ultrasound said she had no idea she was c
Despite popularity of Android, some companies are going for Windows technology for th