- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
Deepa Mehta bringing 'Secret Daughter' to big screen Last Updated : 16 May 2013 03:41:45 PM IST File photo of Deepa Mehta.
After 'Midnight's Children', Indo-Canadian director Deepa Mehta is bringing Shilpi Somaya Gowda's novel 'Secret Daughter' to the big screen.
Mehta is currently working on the script of the movie, which will be produced by Jody Colero of Silent Joe Inc and Hussain Amarshi of Mongrel Media.
'Secret Daughter' revolves around two families, one in Mumbai, India forced to give a baby up for adoption, and another in San Francisco raising a brown-skinned child from another culture, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Canada's Harold Greenberg Fund helped option the novel which was published by Harper Collins for movie treatment.
Mehta has previously adapted Bapsi Sidhwa's novel 'The Ice Candy Man' and Salman Rushdie's Booker-prize-winning 'The Midnight's Children'.
Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl