- Pamela to launch photo bookWhy Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasonsWas Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
Fashion inspired by movies: Riya Sen Last Updated : 14 Apr 2013 05:39:37 PM IST File photo of Bollywood actress Riya Sen.
Yearning for more roles from Tollywood directors actor Riya Sen on Sunday said "I am a Bengali and not a foreigner."
"Come on, I am a Bengali, not a foreigner. Just that I am doing lot of works in Mumbai doesnot imply I am averse to good scripts here," Riya told media persons on the sidelines of a design institute event here.
"This is a preconceived notion of all Tollygunje film makers. I live in Mumbai and I do travel places for shows and events but I will come back and stay for days if any good project comes my way," she said recollecting how many Bengali directors said they would love to work with her but felt she was hard to get by.
Ria, who was present at the announcement launch of the Unitedworld Institute of Design (UID) the second campus in country after Ahmedabad, said "no idea why a sexy tag has stuck on me."
About her role in Rituparno Ghosh's Noukadubi, she said "as we met days after 'Chokher Bali' he discovered I am much younger than Raima.
"Noukadubi is a period film which will always be a milestone in my career. For the costumes in the movie, a reputed jeweller had made very differently styled and crafted articles," she said.
Riya Sen says fashion inspired by movies:
Riya, who would be seen in 'Zindagi 50 50' and 'Hai Rabba Main Kya Karoon?' this year said movies help a lot in influencing the fashion statements of individuals.
"Not everybody can watch a fashion show but today's youngsters carry off so well which I can see in the streets and places that I visit. As it is, people get influenced by actors and actresses and how they dress like and so films do play a role," she reasoned.
"In this century, the word fashion also goes with your confidence, how much self-assured you are and that is called style statement including the accessories you are wearing, more pertinently for a woman," she said when asked what fashion meant for a modern day girl.
Ria, who termed sibling Raima Sen as the 'Tollywood queen' here, said she drew fashion inspirations from her legendary grandmother Suchitra Sen and the late Royal Gayatri Devi.
"If they replicate the Ahmedabad experience as the second such institute in this part of country this will help the burgeoning entertainment industry in Bengal and east," she said about UID.
Ace designer Abhishek Dutta, mentor of UID, said the fashion designers here, who are the most aesthetically creative in the country, will get boost if a place comes up which brings out designers with global aptitude.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch