- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to GaneshaThese stars were threatened by underworldBig B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, AbhishekSushmita Sen's fab body secretsDiana\'s 10 million pound gift to Prince HarryRanbir Kapoor's new passionShah Rukh Khan seeks privacy for AbRamAnushka Sharma romances Sidharth MalhotraHrithik celebrates Ganesh VisarjanB-Town spares Katrina because of Salman
Liverpool's speedy attacking unit produced a 3-0 victory at Tottenham though Mario Balote
Sensex opens 59 points down Last Updated : 04 Mar 2013 04:16:31 PM IST File photo
The BSE benchmark Sensex on Monday fell by over 59 points to 18,859.06 in early trade as funds and retail investors booked profits after recovery in the previous session amid a mixed trend in the Asian region.
The 30-share barometer, which gained 56.98 points in the previous session on Friday, moved down by 59.46 points, or 0.31 per cent, to 18,859.06, led by the weakness metals, capital goods, power and banking sector stocks.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty, moved down 22.50 points, or 0.39 per cent, to 5,697.20.
Brokers said besides profit-booking by speculators, a mixed trend at the Asian markets after US lawmakers failed to prevent the imposition of USD 85 billion in spending cuts that kicked in at the end of last week, influenced the sentiment.
In the Asian region, Nikkei at the Japan stock market, was trading 0.50 per cent higher, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng index shed 1.02 per cent in early trade on Monday.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rocker Bruce Springsteen is all set to publish an illustrated cowboy story for youngsters
- Ameesha Patel bids adieu to Ganesha
- These stars were threatened by underworld
- Big B visits Lalbagh cha Raja with Aishwarya, Abhishek
- After threat, Boman Irani gets police protection
- Unwell Amitabh Bachchan cancels film shoot
- Sushmita Sen's fab body secrets
- 'Mary Kom' goes tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Ranbir Kapoor's new passion
A five year old boy found that his mother is pregnant, his reaction was What ..What were
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l