- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting SussanneSonakdhi Sinha and Arjun Kappor are in love!Aishwarya and Deepika pose for a selfieDeepika Padukone now all set to romance Salman KhanWhy Yo Yo Honey Singh will be out of action for two months
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Sensex opens 59 points down Last Updated : 04 Mar 2013 04:16:31 PM IST File photo
The BSE benchmark Sensex on Monday fell by over 59 points to 18,859.06 in early trade as funds and retail investors booked profits after recovery in the previous session amid a mixed trend in the Asian region.
The 30-share barometer, which gained 56.98 points in the previous session on Friday, moved down by 59.46 points, or 0.31 per cent, to 18,859.06, led by the weakness metals, capital goods, power and banking sector stocks.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty, moved down 22.50 points, or 0.39 per cent, to 5,697.20.
Brokers said besides profit-booking by speculators, a mixed trend at the Asian markets after US lawmakers failed to prevent the imposition of USD 85 billion in spending cuts that kicked in at the end of last week, influenced the sentiment.
In the Asian region, Nikkei at the Japan stock market, was trading 0.50 per cent higher, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng index shed 1.02 per cent in early trade on Monday.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
'The Shaukeens' leading lady Lisa Haydon is down with dengue and skipped the film's promot
- Paltrow praised estranged husband
- What next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racket
- When Deepika Padukone dated Upen Patel
- Rang Rasiya’ lauds freedom of expression: Mehta
- Akshay Kumar rocks in 'Ishq Kutta Hai'
- Dev Patel to star with Nicole Kidman in 'Lion'
- Shah Rukh Khan's Happy New Year surpasses 200 Crore Mark Worldwide
- Review in pics: Super Nani
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand