- PICS : RCB humiliate Mumbai IndiansBollywood actors and their bikesPICS : Hot Scenes from 2 StatesPICS: Obesity aggravates bone lossHottest moments of TV serials, view picsPICS : Why we love CircuitPoonam Dhillon to don the director\'s hatHappy Birthday to a Business TycoonPICS : WAGs of IPL 7 cricketersPadmanabha Temple wealth being replaced?
Lewis Hamilton convincingly snared pole position for the Chinese Grand Prix as he put hi
Sensex opens 59 points down Last Updated : 04 Mar 2013 04:16:31 PM IST File photo
The BSE benchmark Sensex on Monday fell by over 59 points to 18,859.06 in early trade as funds and retail investors booked profits after recovery in the previous session amid a mixed trend in the Asian region.
The 30-share barometer, which gained 56.98 points in the previous session on Friday, moved down by 59.46 points, or 0.31 per cent, to 18,859.06, led by the weakness metals, capital goods, power and banking sector stocks.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty, moved down 22.50 points, or 0.39 per cent, to 5,697.20.
Brokers said besides profit-booking by speculators, a mixed trend at the Asian markets after US lawmakers failed to prevent the imposition of USD 85 billion in spending cuts that kicked in at the end of last week, influenced the sentiment.
In the Asian region, Nikkei at the Japan stock market, was trading 0.50 per cent higher, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng index shed 1.02 per cent in early trade on Monday.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Some of our Bollywood studs have a thing for bikes and look quite macho when they are spot
- Priyanka Chopra exhausted after completing Mary Kom Biopic
- PICS : Hot Scenes from 2 States
- Hottest moments of TV serials, view pics
- PICS : Why we love Circuit
- Poonam Dhillon to don the director's hat
- 'Kaanchi' is a dream come true, says Mishti
- Subhash Ghai's 'Kaanchi' sure to rock BOX Office
- Kate Middleton baywatch moments
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.