- Sridevi\'s \'English Vinglish\' mints $1 million in JapanAlia-Shahid start shooting for ShaandarB-Wood leggy divasSussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new homeShekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur is a hot girlWhy is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so muchSadhana from a mystery girl to a clubberFive Bollywood sex ComediesSaina and Pullela Gopichand splitSonam\'s fiery statements too hot to handle
Novak Djokovic didn't let Philipp Kohlschreiber stand in the way of another Grand Slam qu
Movie review 'ABCD' - A treat for dance lovers Last Updated : 08 Feb 2013 09:08:24 AM IST 'ABCD - Any Body Can Dance'
Step in your dancing shoes as India's first 3D dance film ' ABCD - Any Body Can Dance' released on Friday, February 8.
Director Remo D'Souza hopes that the film helps bring back the long lost trend of dance-themed films like 'Navrang' and 'Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baaje' in Bollywood.
"These were such beautiful films based on dance. But nobody took dance seriously after that. I want that trend to come back. I hope ABCD film works and people make more films in this genre," Remo said.
Produced by UTV head Siddharth Roy Kapur, the film star Choreographer-actor-director Prabhu Deva, Choreographer Ganesh Acharya and versatile actor Kay Kay Menon in key roles, while some contestants of reality show'Dance India Dance' - Salman Yusuff Khan, Dharmesh Yelande and Puneet Pathak - also essay central characters.
It was Remo's dream to make a film on dance. He also laid down three conditions in front of his producers before making this film - first, that Prabhu Deva would play the lead, second that it would be made in 3D and third, contestants from reality show 'Dance India Dance' would get a chance to act in it.
The 3D effects of the film will give the audience a feel that they are inside the screen with the dancers, and be a part of them.
'ABCD' is an underdog story of a man who has been thrown out of a company which he built and shows how he makes a turnaround with the help of a bunch of street dancers.
With an array of dance forms on display, 'ABCD' will be a treat for the dance lovers.
Lauren Gottlieb, the winner of the US dance reality show 'So You Think You Can Dance', is also making her Bollywood debut with 'ABCD'.
In thhe film, Lauren plays a girl named Rhea, who is a very talented and determined dancer. She starts out in a contemporary ballet school and decides to follow her teacher when he decides to leave the school and head to a more underground urban dance scene.
She gets pulled from being a contemporary dancer to a hip hopper, which in turn helps her to open up and find her true passion through dance.
'ABCD' is releasing alongside Akshay Kumar's 'Special 26' on Friday. The producers of the film had planned to release it on February 1 but since it is 3D
movie so there were some technical glitches and it got delayed by a week.
'ABCD' will promote dance culture in Indian cinema. It is not just a dance film but also an emotional story.
The film is releasing in Tamil titled as Aadalam Boys Chinnatha Dance.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sridevi's Bollywood comeback vehicle "English Vinglish" has registered a box office collec
- Alia-Shahid start shooting for Shaandar
- B-Wood leggy divas
- Sussane Khan brought Ganapati alone in her new home
- When public watched porn film instead of Desi Kattey songs
- Shekhar Kapoor’s ‘Paani’ girl Ayesha Kapur is a hot girl
- Why is Katrina praising ex boyfriend Salman so much
- Sadhana from a mystery girl to a clubber
- Five Bollywood sex Comedies
Oldest human on earth, a Mexican woman, celebrated her 127th birthday on Sunday.
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l