- Pics: Shahrukh beats Salman and Aamir Khan; find out where\'Happy New Year\' talks with US mediaImages: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?Aamir wants no item girls in B-woodPics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bikeAditi gets into Chandramukhi modeKatrina performs daring stunts in waterDeepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'Coca-Cola launches sugar free soft drinkSunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
Swiss tennis legend Martina Hingis said in Tokyo on Friday about Li Na's retirement was a
Movie review 'ABCD' - A treat for dance lovers Last Updated : 08 Feb 2013 09:08:24 AM IST 'ABCD - Any Body Can Dance'
Step in your dancing shoes as India's first 3D dance film ' ABCD - Any Body Can Dance' released on Friday, February 8.
Director Remo D'Souza hopes that the film helps bring back the long lost trend of dance-themed films like 'Navrang' and 'Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baaje' in Bollywood.
"These were such beautiful films based on dance. But nobody took dance seriously after that. I want that trend to come back. I hope ABCD film works and people make more films in this genre," Remo said.
Produced by UTV head Siddharth Roy Kapur, the film star Choreographer-actor-director Prabhu Deva, Choreographer Ganesh Acharya and versatile actor Kay Kay Menon in key roles, while some contestants of reality show'Dance India Dance' - Salman Yusuff Khan, Dharmesh Yelande and Puneet Pathak - also essay central characters.
It was Remo's dream to make a film on dance. He also laid down three conditions in front of his producers before making this film - first, that Prabhu Deva would play the lead, second that it would be made in 3D and third, contestants from reality show 'Dance India Dance' would get a chance to act in it.
The 3D effects of the film will give the audience a feel that they are inside the screen with the dancers, and be a part of them.
'ABCD' is an underdog story of a man who has been thrown out of a company which he built and shows how he makes a turnaround with the help of a bunch of street dancers.
With an array of dance forms on display, 'ABCD' will be a treat for the dance lovers.
Lauren Gottlieb, the winner of the US dance reality show 'So You Think You Can Dance', is also making her Bollywood debut with 'ABCD'.
In thhe film, Lauren plays a girl named Rhea, who is a very talented and determined dancer. She starts out in a contemporary ballet school and decides to follow her teacher when he decides to leave the school and head to a more underground urban dance scene.
She gets pulled from being a contemporary dancer to a hip hopper, which in turn helps her to open up and find her true passion through dance.
'ABCD' is releasing alongside Akshay Kumar's 'Special 26' on Friday. The producers of the film had planned to release it on February 1 but since it is 3D
movie so there were some technical glitches and it got delayed by a week.
'ABCD' will promote dance culture in Indian cinema. It is not just a dance film but also an emotional story.
The film is releasing in Tamil titled as Aadalam Boys Chinnatha Dance.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahrukh Khan has beaten fellow superstars and arch rivals Salman Khan and Aamir Khan. Won
- 'Happy New Year' talks with US media
- Images: Hot south indian actress Anushka Shetty getting married?
- Aamir wants no item girls in B-wood
- Pics: Check out Bollywood hunk John Abraham's new bike
- Aditi gets into Chandramukhi mode
- Katrina performs daring stunts in water
- Deepika Padukone cleavage controversy: 'Discuss cup size if relevant'
- Sunny Leone at zoOm Tv function
Lord Hanuman has managed to get an Aadhaar card made, but there are no takers for it.
Feature phone maker Jivi has launched its first affordable smartphone. The handset is pr