- A R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film productionWatch 10 hottest moves of MonicaSushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh BakshyWhy Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movieFan Commits Suicide For Selena GomezAnushka turns vegetarian for Virat?PM Modi, Sonia and Bachchans attend Mulayam-Lalu family weddingAmitabh Bachchan, Ambanies pay homage to KothariScarlett facing legal issues for Pop BandLady Gaga to marry at her Malibu mansion?
Table Tennis giants China have made a few changes in their squad for the Asian Cup.
Movie review 'ABCD' - A treat for dance lovers Last Updated : 08 Feb 2013 09:08:24 AM IST 'ABCD - Any Body Can Dance'
Step in your dancing shoes as India's first 3D dance film ' ABCD - Any Body Can Dance' released on Friday, February 8.
Director Remo D'Souza hopes that the film helps bring back the long lost trend of dance-themed films like 'Navrang' and 'Jhanak Jhanak Payal Baaje' in Bollywood.
"These were such beautiful films based on dance. But nobody took dance seriously after that. I want that trend to come back. I hope ABCD film works and people make more films in this genre," Remo said.
Produced by UTV head Siddharth Roy Kapur, the film star Choreographer-actor-director Prabhu Deva, Choreographer Ganesh Acharya and versatile actor Kay Kay Menon in key roles, while some contestants of reality show'Dance India Dance' - Salman Yusuff Khan, Dharmesh Yelande and Puneet Pathak - also essay central characters.
It was Remo's dream to make a film on dance. He also laid down three conditions in front of his producers before making this film - first, that Prabhu Deva would play the lead, second that it would be made in 3D and third, contestants from reality show 'Dance India Dance' would get a chance to act in it.
The 3D effects of the film will give the audience a feel that they are inside the screen with the dancers, and be a part of them.
'ABCD' is an underdog story of a man who has been thrown out of a company which he built and shows how he makes a turnaround with the help of a bunch of street dancers.
With an array of dance forms on display, 'ABCD' will be a treat for the dance lovers.
Lauren Gottlieb, the winner of the US dance reality show 'So You Think You Can Dance', is also making her Bollywood debut with 'ABCD'.
In thhe film, Lauren plays a girl named Rhea, who is a very talented and determined dancer. She starts out in a contemporary ballet school and decides to follow her teacher when he decides to leave the school and head to a more underground urban dance scene.
She gets pulled from being a contemporary dancer to a hip hopper, which in turn helps her to open up and find her true passion through dance.
'ABCD' is releasing alongside Akshay Kumar's 'Special 26' on Friday. The producers of the film had planned to release it on February 1 but since it is 3D
movie so there were some technical glitches and it got delayed by a week.
'ABCD' will promote dance culture in Indian cinema. It is not just a dance film but also an emotional story.
The film is releasing in Tamil titled as Aadalam Boys Chinnatha Dance.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahrukh Khan is enjoying shooting for Maneesh Sharma's "Fan" as the director, who has liv
- OMG! Anushka rejects Salman Khan
- A R Rahman ventures into script-writing, film production
- Watch 10 hottest moves of Monica
- Sushant Singh turns Detective Byomkesh Bakshy
- Why Dum Laga Ke Haisha is a must-watch movie
- Fan Commits Suicide For Selena Gomez
- Anushka turns vegetarian for Virat?
- Amitabh Bachchan, Ambanies pay homage to Kothari
Miss P became America's top dog by winning best in show at the Westminster Kennel Club.
Google is releasing a set of tools designed for businesses and employees who want to get w