- Rakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star nowDeepika will get intimate with Vin DieselSalman Khan wants children without marriage!Teddy Day 2016 wallpaper, images, greetingsVarun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'Preity quashes marriage report againLanka takes 1-0 lead vs India in 1st T20Cold conditions prevail across NorthTaapsee has no YSR project
Defending champions India bounced back to reckoning in style with a 5-0 hammering of Sri L
Kamal Hassan's 'Vishwaroopam' to release in Tamil Nadu on Feb 7 Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 04:28:08 PM IST File Photo
Actor-director Kamal Hassan on Monday announced release of controversial movie 'Vishwaroopam' in Tamil Nadu on February 7.
Hassan also thanked Tamil Nadu Government for its support.
Earlier, acting swiftly after government lifted the ban on his Tamil movie "Vishwaroopam", Kamal Hassan withdrew his petition before the Madras High Court challenging the ban, a move that could see the early release of his mega-budget movie.
Justice S Rajeswaran before whom the matter came up allowed the actor and government to withdraw pleas after they expressed their desire to do so following a compromise between Hassan and Muslim outfits, which had opposed it claiming some scenes offended their sentiments.
'Clearing the way for screening the movie, the ban on it was lifted by the government yesterday, ending the week long standoff between Hassan and the Muslim outfits.
District Collectors revoked prohibitory orders under which the release was banned on Jan 23 after the outfits came out strongly against the Rs 100 crore movie.
Though there are no indications on when the film will be released, reports said it might hit the screens on February 8.
Haasan had said he would announce the release date after consulting his technical team on the cuts, besides informing the Censor Board.
While a single judge had allowed release, a division bench had upheld the ban and reverted the issue to the former.
Faced with opposition from Muslim outfits, government had imposed the ban citing threat of violence with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa defending the action.
A government brokered meeting between Haasan and Muslim groups broke the logjam on Saturday, with the actor agreeing to some cuts, including muting some dialogues.
The ban had stirred a hornet's nest and the 58-year-old actor had spoken of the trauma of having pledged his house to make the movie and even threatened to go on self-imposed exile to a secular place outside Tamil Nadu or overseas.
The film, made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, was originally slated for release on January 11.
Vishwaroopam had also faced trouble first from theatre owners who opposed the tech-savvy actor's move to release the spy thriller on a DTH platform, forcing him to indefinitely put it on hold.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
One of the most glamours and stunning actress in Bollywood Katrina Kaif says nobody liked
- Parineeti Chopra turns a singer!
- Rakhi Sawant wants to become a porn star now
- Deepika will get intimate with Vin Diesel
- Salman Khan wants children without marriage!
- Govinda gets two weeks to apologise in a slapping incident
- Om Puri, wife Nandita opt for judicial separation
- Varun Dhawan to star in 'Judwaa 2'
- Salman goes clean-shaven in new look of 'Sultan'
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Panasonic launches P66 Mega smartphone at Rs. 7,990 in New Delhi on Tuesday.