- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-woodTourism in Rajasthan growing\'DDLJ\' new trailer launchedModi's wife feels insecure with securityAre Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husbandEx flames Alia and Varun together in a film?Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?Is Katrina Kaif signing no films after 2016?It's a boy for Riteish-Genelia
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Kamal Hassan's 'Vishwaroopam' to release in Tamil Nadu on Feb 7 Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 04:28:08 PM IST File Photo
Actor-director Kamal Hassan on Monday announced release of controversial movie 'Vishwaroopam' in Tamil Nadu on February 7.
Hassan also thanked Tamil Nadu Government for its support.
Earlier, acting swiftly after government lifted the ban on his Tamil movie "Vishwaroopam", Kamal Hassan withdrew his petition before the Madras High Court challenging the ban, a move that could see the early release of his mega-budget movie.
Justice S Rajeswaran before whom the matter came up allowed the actor and government to withdraw pleas after they expressed their desire to do so following a compromise between Hassan and Muslim outfits, which had opposed it claiming some scenes offended their sentiments.
'Clearing the way for screening the movie, the ban on it was lifted by the government yesterday, ending the week long standoff between Hassan and the Muslim outfits.
District Collectors revoked prohibitory orders under which the release was banned on Jan 23 after the outfits came out strongly against the Rs 100 crore movie.
Though there are no indications on when the film will be released, reports said it might hit the screens on February 8.
Haasan had said he would announce the release date after consulting his technical team on the cuts, besides informing the Censor Board.
While a single judge had allowed release, a division bench had upheld the ban and reverted the issue to the former.
Faced with opposition from Muslim outfits, government had imposed the ban citing threat of violence with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa defending the action.
A government brokered meeting between Haasan and Muslim groups broke the logjam on Saturday, with the actor agreeing to some cuts, including muting some dialogues.
The ban had stirred a hornet's nest and the 58-year-old actor had spoken of the trauma of having pledged his house to make the movie and even threatened to go on self-imposed exile to a secular place outside Tamil Nadu or overseas.
The film, made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, was originally slated for release on January 11.
Vishwaroopam had also faced trouble first from theatre owners who opposed the tech-savvy actor's move to release the spy thriller on a DTH platform, forcing him to indefinitely put it on hold.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Pamela Anderson has sent 'vegan treat hampers' to Bollywood stars with a friendly note on
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
- KJo gets Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor together
- Are Salman and SRK coming together in a movie?
- OMG! 26 yrs jail for Veena Malik and her husband
- Ex flames Alia and Varun together in a film?
- Watch Radha Nachegi song from movie 'Tevar'
- Was Jaya Bachchan a peacemaker at Arpita Khan's wedding?
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Falling prices of entry-level smartphone devices have led to its increasing demand.