- LFW Winter Festive 2014OMG! Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon are divorcingSalman, Shah Rukh, Aamir: Who is your favourite thief?When Sonakshi was ugly duckling!PICS: Favourite destination Chennai turns 375!Porn image helps Sunny Leone in Bollywood, see howAnkita Sharma flaunts hot bod, view picsLeaked: Kajol-ShahRukh together in Hum remakeB-town’s hot steamy couple photoshoot, view picBipasha ready to do love making scenes again
Top-ranked Serena Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight US Open title.
Kamal Hassan's 'Vishwaroopam' to release in Tamil Nadu on Feb 7 Last Updated : 04 Feb 2013 04:28:08 PM IST File Photo
Actor-director Kamal Hassan on Monday announced release of controversial movie 'Vishwaroopam' in Tamil Nadu on February 7.
Hassan also thanked Tamil Nadu Government for its support.
Earlier, acting swiftly after government lifted the ban on his Tamil movie "Vishwaroopam", Kamal Hassan withdrew his petition before the Madras High Court challenging the ban, a move that could see the early release of his mega-budget movie.
Justice S Rajeswaran before whom the matter came up allowed the actor and government to withdraw pleas after they expressed their desire to do so following a compromise between Hassan and Muslim outfits, which had opposed it claiming some scenes offended their sentiments.
'Clearing the way for screening the movie, the ban on it was lifted by the government yesterday, ending the week long standoff between Hassan and the Muslim outfits.
District Collectors revoked prohibitory orders under which the release was banned on Jan 23 after the outfits came out strongly against the Rs 100 crore movie.
Though there are no indications on when the film will be released, reports said it might hit the screens on February 8.
Haasan had said he would announce the release date after consulting his technical team on the cuts, besides informing the Censor Board.
While a single judge had allowed release, a division bench had upheld the ban and reverted the issue to the former.
Faced with opposition from Muslim outfits, government had imposed the ban citing threat of violence with Chief Minister Jayalalithaa defending the action.
A government brokered meeting between Haasan and Muslim groups broke the logjam on Saturday, with the actor agreeing to some cuts, including muting some dialogues.
The ban had stirred a hornet's nest and the 58-year-old actor had spoken of the trauma of having pledged his house to make the movie and even threatened to go on self-imposed exile to a secular place outside Tamil Nadu or overseas.
The film, made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, was originally slated for release on January 11.
Vishwaroopam had also faced trouble first from theatre owners who opposed the tech-savvy actor's move to release the spy thriller on a DTH platform, forcing him to indefinitely put it on hold.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
After six years of marriage, singer Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon are divorcing eac
- Shah Rukh Khan and Rekha to celebrate Diwali together
- Bipasha loves being crusader of horror
- Salman, Shah Rukh, Aamir: Who is your favourite thief?
- When Sonakshi was ugly duckling!
- Porn image helps Sunny Leone in Bollywood, see how
- Ankita Sharma flaunts hot bod, view pics
- Leaked: Kajol-ShahRukh together in Hum remake
- B-town’s hot steamy couple photoshoot, view pic
Kenneth Douglas had sexually abused 100 dead women over the period between 1976 and 1992.
Buyers are always on the lookout for the cheap and best and here are the best budget smart