- PICS : Hot Scenes from 2 StatesPICS: Obesity aggravates bone lossHottest moments of TV serials, view picsPICS : Why we love CircuitPoonam Dhillon to don the director\'s hatHappy Birthday to a Business TycoonPICS : WAGs of IPL 7 cricketersPadmanabha Temple wealth being replaced?Kate Middleton baywatch momentsSouth Korean ferry Tragedy
David Ferrer produced a major upset at the Monte Carlo Masters as the persistent Spaniard
Salman Khan to face homicide case Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 09:12:20 PM IST File photo of Bollywood actor Salman Khan.
In a major setback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan, a Magistrate's court in Mumbai on Thursday accepted the plea of the Maharashtra government that he should be tried under section 304 (II) of the Indian Penal Code (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), a graver offence, in the 2002 hit and run case.
At present, Salman, 47, is being tried under section 304 (I), (rash and negligent driving) which attracts maximum punishment of two years. Section 304 (II) attracts the maximum sentence of ten years.
Following today's order, the Magistrate committed the case to Sessions court for trial, as the offence is serious.
Hit and run case: Salman to be tried for culpable homicide
"Salman would have to appear before the Sessions court on February 11," said his lawyer, advocate Dipesh Mehta.
On September 28, 2002, Salman's Toyota Land Cruiser, allegedly being driven by him, rammed into a bakery in suburban Bandra, killing one and injuring four others who were sleeping on the pavement.
The trial before the Bandra Magistrate's court started in 2006.
Advocate Mehta also said that the actor would challenge today's order in High Court.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt's sizzling chemistry on screen is one to watch in 2 States.
- Hottest moments of TV serials, view pics
- PICS : Why we love Circuit
- Poonam Dhillon to don the director's hat
- 'Kaanchi' is a dream come true, says Mishti
- Subhash Ghai's 'Kaanchi' sure to rock BOX Office
- Kate Middleton baywatch moments
- Fire breaks out on sets of 'Singham 2'
- Ranbir-Katrina's new love nest!
The new craze sweeping around the globe is naked yoga in the latest of fitness trends this
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.