- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversyWhy has Farha Khan upset Saroj KhanLisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Salman Khan to face homicide case Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 09:12:20 PM IST File photo of Bollywood actor Salman Khan.
In a major setback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan, a Magistrate's court in Mumbai on Thursday accepted the plea of the Maharashtra government that he should be tried under section 304 (II) of the Indian Penal Code (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), a graver offence, in the 2002 hit and run case.
At present, Salman, 47, is being tried under section 304 (I), (rash and negligent driving) which attracts maximum punishment of two years. Section 304 (II) attracts the maximum sentence of ten years.
Following today's order, the Magistrate committed the case to Sessions court for trial, as the offence is serious.
Hit and run case: Salman to be tried for culpable homicide
"Salman would have to appear before the Sessions court on February 11," said his lawyer, advocate Dipesh Mehta.
On September 28, 2002, Salman's Toyota Land Cruiser, allegedly being driven by him, rammed into a bakery in suburban Bandra, killing one and injuring four others who were sleeping on the pavement.
The trial before the Bandra Magistrate's court started in 2006.
Advocate Mehta also said that the actor would challenge today's order in High Court.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood actress Lisa Haydon is down with the Dengue fever, confirms actor Akshay Kumar.
- How Aishwarya lost post-pregnancy weight
- Kapil Sharma's wife does not like his jokes on her
- Ten best dressed stars
- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- New poster of 'Rang Rasiya' out now
- Jukebox of 'The Shaukeens' audio is out!
- Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversy
- Why has Farha Khan upset Saroj Khan
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand