- Stop erickshaws, HC tells Delhi govtList of forthcoming action moviesMeet Yuvraj\'s new lady loveOctopus has egg-brooding periodWhy are Salman's Muslim fans upset with him?Humaima goes bold in Raja Natwarlal, view picsMumtaz was in love with Shammi KapoorHottest star at CWG 2014Awesome Jacques Kallis retiresRicha Chadda hottest avatar in ‘Tamanchey’, view pics
Rafael Nadal's announcement that he will miss key US Open warm-up events at Toronto and C
Salman Khan to face homicide case Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 09:12:20 PM IST File photo of Bollywood actor Salman Khan.
In a major setback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan, a Magistrate's court in Mumbai on Thursday accepted the plea of the Maharashtra government that he should be tried under section 304 (II) of the Indian Penal Code (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), a graver offence, in the 2002 hit and run case.
At present, Salman, 47, is being tried under section 304 (I), (rash and negligent driving) which attracts maximum punishment of two years. Section 304 (II) attracts the maximum sentence of ten years.
Following today's order, the Magistrate committed the case to Sessions court for trial, as the offence is serious.
Hit and run case: Salman to be tried for culpable homicide
"Salman would have to appear before the Sessions court on February 11," said his lawyer, advocate Dipesh Mehta.
On September 28, 2002, Salman's Toyota Land Cruiser, allegedly being driven by him, rammed into a bakery in suburban Bandra, killing one and injuring four others who were sleeping on the pavement.
The trial before the Bandra Magistrate's court started in 2006.
Advocate Mehta also said that the actor would challenge today's order in High Court.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
‘Students of the Year’ actors Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Malhotra are busy
- Twinkle Khanna twinkles on Vogue cover, view pic
- Model rape case: Poonam Pandey behind the crime?
- When Nauheed shows off all in transparent blouse
- List of forthcoming action movies
- Meet Yuvraj's new lady love
- KBC 8: Kapil Sharma to appear as guest in 1st episode
- SRK posts Slam: The Tour teaser
- This is how Aishwarya lost weight
A naked man was walked on leash with something stuffed inside his anus
Tech giant Apple has reduced the price of its 13-inch non-Retina MacBook Pro by Rs 11,000.