- Pics: And Oscar goes to...Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charityRani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017Dev Patel attends Oscars with motherAsghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film'Zootopia' wins Oscar for Best Animated FilmCan't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
Salman Khan to face homicide case Last Updated : 31 Jan 2013 09:12:20 PM IST File photo of Bollywood actor Salman Khan.
In a major setback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan, a Magistrate's court in Mumbai on Thursday accepted the plea of the Maharashtra government that he should be tried under section 304 (II) of the Indian Penal Code (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), a graver offence, in the 2002 hit and run case.
At present, Salman, 47, is being tried under section 304 (I), (rash and negligent driving) which attracts maximum punishment of two years. Section 304 (II) attracts the maximum sentence of ten years.
Following today's order, the Magistrate committed the case to Sessions court for trial, as the offence is serious.
Hit and run case: Salman to be tried for culpable homicide
"Salman would have to appear before the Sessions court on February 11," said his lawyer, advocate Dipesh Mehta.
On September 28, 2002, Salman's Toyota Land Cruiser, allegedly being driven by him, rammed into a bakery in suburban Bandra, killing one and injuring four others who were sleeping on the pavement.
The trial before the Bandra Magistrate's court started in 2006.
Advocate Mehta also said that the actor would challenge today's order in High Court.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -