- SRK unveils first look of 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?\'Piku\' touches 100 Crore markAishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani\'s residenceSingh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy outFinally mother-in-law praised openly Mira RajputPriyanka Chopra looks terrifically hot in this love making sceneMistakes in Tanu Weds Manu ReturnsKapil Dev conferred with International Lifetime Achievement AwardMumbai Indians celebrate their second IPL triumph
India on Tuesday in New Delhi dropped four key players, including ace drag-flicker Rupinde
Stardom means nothing to me, says Shahrukh Khan Last Updated : 30 Jan 2013 10:51:58 AM IST File Photo
With numerous mega-hits in his filmography which spans over two decades in Hindi cinema, Bollywood 'Badshah' Shahrukh Khan sits pretty on the pinnacle of success, but says stardom means nothing to him.
"It (stardom) means nothing to me. All I know is to work from morning to night. I don't know what it (stardom) means to me. I work almost 18 hours a day. The biggest thing in life is to define the reason for your success because I don't know it. I think you are dishonest if you explain it because I can't pass it on to my daughter and son, nobody can," SRK told news agency.
In 2012, 'King' Khan had only one release, Yash Chopra's 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' opposite Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. The film was a huge hit. Even this year, the superstar will have only Rohit Shetty's 'Chennai Express' hitting the cinema houses.
On whether it is a conscious decision to slow down, SRK said, "No it is not... I do one film at a time. Now I like to do one film a year, take time off, sit with the kids. And I feel you can't make four-five films a year. I think it spoils the quality. I want to do quality films. I want people to talk about my film whenever it comes out... be it good, bad or ugly."
"I got injured in between and then Yashji (Yash Chopra) wanted me to start working on his film first so we waited for the girls to get free. I could afford to have started a film but I chose not to. So I spent time with kids. Before that I did 'Don' and 'Ra.One', both of which were action films... and it takes time," the 47-year-old actor said.
"I wanted to start 'Happy New Year' in January... we were to start shooting for a song. But then I spoke to Farah (Khan) that we will start in one go and continue it. I told her 'let me finish 'Chennai Express' in April-May and then start it'," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shahrukh unveils first look of Salman's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'.
- Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?
- 'Piku' touches 100 Crore mark
- Aishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani's residence
- Sameera Reddy blessed with a Baby Boy
- Weapon training is always extremely fun: Rana Daggubati
- Singh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy out
- Longtime Oscars director Marty Pasetta dies at 82
- Shahid's Mother revealed truth behind his marriage with Mira Rajput
Saudi Arabia is planning to build the world's largest hotel with 10,000 rooms at a whoppin
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and