- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood picsReason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marryGionee S6s smartphone: A delight for selfie loversQuick tips for an organised homeBirthday special: Famous sayings by Yash ChopraTurn to tea tree oil for glowing skinBig B is hopeful, things will change post 'Pink'Priyanka Chopra found it 'weird' to audition for 'Quantico'Famous bold lip-locks of B-town divas we can never forgetBeing a celebrity isn't a piece of cake: Raveena Tandon
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Stardom means nothing to me, says Shahrukh Khan Last Updated : 30 Jan 2013 10:51:58 AM IST File Photo
With numerous mega-hits in his filmography which spans over two decades in Hindi cinema, Bollywood 'Badshah' Shahrukh Khan sits pretty on the pinnacle of success, but says stardom means nothing to him.
"It (stardom) means nothing to me. All I know is to work from morning to night. I don't know what it (stardom) means to me. I work almost 18 hours a day. The biggest thing in life is to define the reason for your success because I don't know it. I think you are dishonest if you explain it because I can't pass it on to my daughter and son, nobody can," SRK told news agency.
In 2012, 'King' Khan had only one release, Yash Chopra's 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' opposite Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. The film was a huge hit. Even this year, the superstar will have only Rohit Shetty's 'Chennai Express' hitting the cinema houses.
On whether it is a conscious decision to slow down, SRK said, "No it is not... I do one film at a time. Now I like to do one film a year, take time off, sit with the kids. And I feel you can't make four-five films a year. I think it spoils the quality. I want to do quality films. I want people to talk about my film whenever it comes out... be it good, bad or ugly."
"I got injured in between and then Yashji (Yash Chopra) wanted me to start working on his film first so we waited for the girls to get free. I could afford to have started a film but I chose not to. So I spent time with kids. Before that I did 'Don' and 'Ra.One', both of which were action films... and it takes time," the 47-year-old actor said.
"I wanted to start 'Happy New Year' in January... we were to start shooting for a song. But then I spoke to Farah (Khan) that we will start in one go and continue it. I told her 'let me finish 'Chennai Express' in April-May and then start it'," he added.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Legendary singer and Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar turned 87-year-old today and Bollywood s
- Birthday special: Ranbir Kapoor childhood pics
- Reason why Lata Mangeshkar did not marry
- Bollywood split on MNS ban on Pakistani artistes
- Pakistani actors must condemn attack on Indians: Anupam Kher
- 'Modern Family' to feature transgender child actor
- When Tanya Sharma turned English teacher for poor
- Watch second trailer of 'Mirzya'
- Lisa Haydon announces her marriage
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
Samsung India on Tuesday launched its 4G and VOLTE-enabled smartphone Galaxy On8 with a ho