- \'Single again\' Hrithik is ready to \'mingle\'!Sussanne celebrates Halloween with kidsWhat make Aishwarya stay awake all night?Birthday Special: Aish's most gorgeous sefliesLisa Haydon skipped 'The Shaukeens' promotionsHow Aishwarya lost post-pregnancy weightKapil Sharma's wife does not like his jokes on herTen best dressed starsWedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!
Former Indian tennis legend Vijay Amritraj says Sania Mirza should not have quit playing
Stardom means nothing to me, says Shahrukh Khan Last Updated : 30 Jan 2013 10:51:58 AM IST File Photo
With numerous mega-hits in his filmography which spans over two decades in Hindi cinema, Bollywood 'Badshah' Shahrukh Khan sits pretty on the pinnacle of success, but says stardom means nothing to him.
"It (stardom) means nothing to me. All I know is to work from morning to night. I don't know what it (stardom) means to me. I work almost 18 hours a day. The biggest thing in life is to define the reason for your success because I don't know it. I think you are dishonest if you explain it because I can't pass it on to my daughter and son, nobody can," SRK told news agency.
In 2012, 'King' Khan had only one release, Yash Chopra's 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' opposite Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. The film was a huge hit. Even this year, the superstar will have only Rohit Shetty's 'Chennai Express' hitting the cinema houses.
On whether it is a conscious decision to slow down, SRK said, "No it is not... I do one film at a time. Now I like to do one film a year, take time off, sit with the kids. And I feel you can't make four-five films a year. I think it spoils the quality. I want to do quality films. I want people to talk about my film whenever it comes out... be it good, bad or ugly."
"I got injured in between and then Yashji (Yash Chopra) wanted me to start working on his film first so we waited for the girls to get free. I could afford to have started a film but I chose not to. So I spent time with kids. Before that I did 'Don' and 'Ra.One', both of which were action films... and it takes time," the 47-year-old actor said.
"I wanted to start 'Happy New Year' in January... we were to start shooting for a song. But then I spoke to Farah (Khan) that we will start in one go and continue it. I told her 'let me finish 'Chennai Express' in April-May and then start it'," he added.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A court here has issued notice to Bollywood actor Aamir Khan seeking his response by Decem
- Bob Dylan's next album set for 2015 release
- Bruce Willis, Bill Murray to star in 'Magic City'
- 'Single again' Hrithik is ready to 'mingle'!
- Sussanne celebrates Halloween with kids
- 'Happy Ending' is a spoof on Bollywood: Kalki
- What make Aishwarya stay awake all night?
- Birthday Special: Aish's most gorgeous seflies
- Lisa Haydon skipped 'The Shaukeens' promotions
Not only in Delhi, street harassment and eve-teasing incidents are also common in New York
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand