- Ten reasons to watch M.S. Dhoni: An Untold StoryEnergy drinks may increase risk of drink drivingDon't want to do destructive roles: JohnLove is a feeling beyond your control: Ranbir KapoorWho is Salman Khan's duplicate?Get Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's make-up look this festive season!Sonakshi and John unveil the poster of 'Force 2', trailer to be released tonigh..Shilpa Shetty pens down her second book on recipesThings to keep in mind while travelling with dogsInside pics of Ranbir Kapoor birthday
Abhishek Yadav's last minute goal gave India a 5-4 victory in their final game against hos
Kamal Haasan moves HC to get two-week ban lifted on 'Vishwaroopam' Last Updated : 24 Jan 2013 04:46:09 PM IST Kamal Hassan to take legal recourse against ban on film 'Vishwaroopam'
After Tamil Nadu government decided to ban Kamal Hassan's movie "Vishwaroopam" for 15 days , Actor-director Hassan on Thursday said he will take legal recourse against the ban on screening of his film 'Vishwaroopam'.
Hassan said it was "cultural terrorism" and should stop.
The movie was slated for release on Friday and the government order was issued on Wednesday after the representatives of some Muslim organisations met the state home secretary and submitted a memorandum.The decision came in after the government reviewed the law and order situation and problems that could rise with the coming of Miladi-ul-Nab
Kamal Hasan's Vishwaroopam which was set to release on Friday has been banned in Tamil Nadu. With Muslim organisations objecting to actor-filmmaker Kamal Hassan's movie "Vishwaroopam" on the ground that it portrays the community in bad light, the Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday banned it for 15 days.
"I have been ruthlessly used as a vehicle by small groups who seek political profile. Icon bashing is a great way to be noticed when you are not one yourself. It is happening again and again. Any neutral and patriotic Muslim will surely feel proud on seeing my film. It was designed for that purpose," he said in a statement .
When Muslim organisations had objected to the movie, Kamal Hassan organised a special show for them to allay their fears.
However, the organisations hardened their stance after watching the movie, alleging that the community was shown in bad light.
According to HM Jawahirullah, a member of Tamil Nadu Assembly and president of Muslim Munetra Kazhagam, the movie painted all Muslims as terrorists.
The actor, who had held a special show for Muslim representatives recently, said while he was touched by voices in support of the film he was "appalled" at how the movie was "construed to be against my Muslim brothers."
"I am not only hurt by these accusations of denigrating a community but my sensibilities are truly insulted. Now I will rely on law and logic to come to our support. This kind of cultural terrorism will have to stop," he said.
He said his statements in favour of that community have "marked me as a sympathiser."
"I have always gone beyond the call of my duty as an actor to voice my opinion in favour of what was humane and civil. I have been part of an organisation called Harmony India which worked for Hindu-Muslim amity," he said while thanking those who supported him on the matter, especially on the internet.
Tamil Nadu government had last night asked district administrations across the state to invoke relevant legal provisions to ban the screening of the movie for about two weeks to maintain law and order.
The ban came after several Muslim outfits protested against the screening of the film, due for release tomorrow, claiming that it depicted the community in negative light.
The actor had already courted controversy with screen-owners uniting against the tech-savvy actor's decision to release the high-budget movie on DTH platform ahead of its release in theatres.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Heartbroken Alia, who recently got separated from actor Sidharth Malhotra, wanted solice a
- 'M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story': Chugs along touching right nerve
- Meet: Chef-cum-Poet Vikas Khanna
- Erica Fernades excited to dress as a bride
- See Pics: Who looked best dressed actress at GQ Awards 2016.
- 'Craze for Dhoni biopic more than any sportsman-based film'
- Are Pakistani artistes terrorists, asks Salman
- Harshvardhan very special to me: Saiyami Kher
- Not playing Pakistani journalist in 'Noor': Sonakshi Sinha
Using state-of-the-art equipment, Australian researchers have managed to solve an 800-yea
The Chinese internet and technology conglomerate LeEco is offering its disruptive smaret