- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka ChopraPeople stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
Kamal Haasan moves HC to get two-week ban lifted on 'Vishwaroopam' Last Updated : 24 Jan 2013 04:46:09 PM IST Kamal Hassan to take legal recourse against ban on film 'Vishwaroopam'
After Tamil Nadu government decided to ban Kamal Hassan's movie "Vishwaroopam" for 15 days , Actor-director Hassan on Thursday said he will take legal recourse against the ban on screening of his film 'Vishwaroopam'.
Hassan said it was "cultural terrorism" and should stop.
The movie was slated for release on Friday and the government order was issued on Wednesday after the representatives of some Muslim organisations met the state home secretary and submitted a memorandum.The decision came in after the government reviewed the law and order situation and problems that could rise with the coming of Miladi-ul-Nab
Kamal Hasan's Vishwaroopam which was set to release on Friday has been banned in Tamil Nadu. With Muslim organisations objecting to actor-filmmaker Kamal Hassan's movie "Vishwaroopam" on the ground that it portrays the community in bad light, the Tamil Nadu government on Wednesday banned it for 15 days.
"I have been ruthlessly used as a vehicle by small groups who seek political profile. Icon bashing is a great way to be noticed when you are not one yourself. It is happening again and again. Any neutral and patriotic Muslim will surely feel proud on seeing my film. It was designed for that purpose," he said in a statement .
When Muslim organisations had objected to the movie, Kamal Hassan organised a special show for them to allay their fears.
However, the organisations hardened their stance after watching the movie, alleging that the community was shown in bad light.
According to HM Jawahirullah, a member of Tamil Nadu Assembly and president of Muslim Munetra Kazhagam, the movie painted all Muslims as terrorists.
The actor, who had held a special show for Muslim representatives recently, said while he was touched by voices in support of the film he was "appalled" at how the movie was "construed to be against my Muslim brothers."
"I am not only hurt by these accusations of denigrating a community but my sensibilities are truly insulted. Now I will rely on law and logic to come to our support. This kind of cultural terrorism will have to stop," he said.
He said his statements in favour of that community have "marked me as a sympathiser."
"I have always gone beyond the call of my duty as an actor to voice my opinion in favour of what was humane and civil. I have been part of an organisation called Harmony India which worked for Hindu-Muslim amity," he said while thanking those who supported him on the matter, especially on the internet.
Tamil Nadu government had last night asked district administrations across the state to invoke relevant legal provisions to ban the screening of the movie for about two weeks to maintain law and order.
The ban came after several Muslim outfits protested against the screening of the film, due for release tomorrow, claiming that it depicted the community in negative light.
The actor had already courted controversy with screen-owners uniting against the tech-savvy actor's decision to release the high-budget movie on DTH platform ahead of its release in theatres.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an