- Condoms, pregnancy test kit, rifles found in Rampal's AashramPoonam Pandey to endorse breast creamAamir, SRK and Salman together at same stageReview in pics of \'Happy Ending\'What is Salman Khan doing at his sister\'s feet?Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nudeMulayam to cut 75 feet cake on b'dayArpita Khan looks beautiful after marriage, see picsPoonam Jhawar tweets topless pics, view nowVirat-Anushka, Ranbir-Katrina-Aamir-Kiran party together
Seven-time Grand Slam champion Venus Williams feels that the success of Vijay Amritraj, Le
Kangana Ranaut urges Delhiites not to use tinted glasses Last Updated : 08 Jan 2013 08:01:52 PM IST Actress Kangna Ranaut with JCP (Traffic) Satyendra Garg removes a black film from a car-window as she takes part in an event organised by the traffic police at India Gate to mark National Road Safety Week in New Delhi on Tuesday.
After brutal Delhi gangrape case, Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut on Monday asked Delhiites to remove tinted glasses and curtains from their vehicles.
During a special drive launched by Delhi Traffic Police to check on vehicles with tinted glasses entering the national capital, Kangana Ranaut also removed tinted films along with JCP (Traffic) Satyendra Garg from the vehicles at India gate.
Meanwhile, Kangna urged people not to use tinted glasses as it would help controlling crime in the capital.
Although, it seems to be a small step it would help in keeping a check on incidents of robbery and sexual assault, she said.
"We have been limited the number of vehicles with tinted glass on Delhi roads from earlier eight or nine out of 10 to two or three. The problem, however, is with the trans-border traffic," JCP (Traffic) Satyendra Garg said, adding that the city had to share the "white man's burden".
"We realised that a large number of vehicles, with tinted glasses and films, come to the national capital and that is why we decided to form dedicated units to keep a check on them.
"There are 20 odd border points in Delhi. We have formed a dedicated unit to keep a check on such vehicles at each point. They check the vehicle and they remove dark films if they have tinted windows," Garg said on the sidelines of an awareness program here.
At the same event, Bollywood actor Kangna Ranaut appealed to people to avoid using tinted car windows.
Garg informed that over 2.90 lakh vehicles were prosecuted since May last year for using dark films, and insisted that no exceptions were made while dealing with the offenders.
The police officer said that only persons with 'Z' or 'Z Plus' security were allowed to use dark films on the window glasses of their vehicles.
"There is no exception to the Supreme Court order of April 2012. However, those who have been provided with 'Z' or 'Z Plus' protection by the state or central government were allowed to use the film. But that too is for one or two vehicles and not for entire carcade," he said.
Garg, however, said that company fitted tinted glass in vehicles were permissible under the law.
Asked what about the use of curtains in buses, Garg said there was no such orders putting restriction on their use but added that in the wake of the Delhi gang-rape bus operators have been asked to "keep the curtains folded while travelling on Delhi roads".
He also mentioned that around 1,000 buses were prosecuted for using dark films.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Deepika Padukone found herself in a spot today when director Karan Johar asked her
- Poonam Pandey to endorse breast cream
- Aamir, SRK and Salman together at same stage
- Review in pics of 'Happy Ending'
- What is Salman Khan doing at his sister's feet?
- Kim Kardashian wants daughter to pose nude
- Who is Manasvi Mamgai ‘Gangster Baby’? Watch here
- 'Jurassic World' trailer next week
- Will support North if she wants to pose nude: Kim K
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Nokia is not going to give up easily as the company has now come up with a new tablet.