- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
To ensure immediate recognition to the Olympic medallists, the Sports Ministry on Tuesday
Guns N Roses pay tribute to Pandit Ravi Shankar Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 02:02:24 PM IST File Photo
American rock band Guns N' Roses dedicated their Delhi performance to sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar, who passed away Wednesday.
The band's lead singer Axl Rose talked about the sitar legend during the concert last night and said, "We dedicate this show to Pandit Ravi Shankar, who passed away today."
Three-time Grammy winner Ravi Shankar, 92, underwent a heart-valve replacement surgery at the Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California where he breathed his last.
Notorious for being late for their performances across the world, Guns N' Roses surprisingly started their show on time.
During their three hour non-stop performance the band belted out old hits like 'Sweet Child of Mine', 'November Rain', 'Paradise City', 'One in a Million', 'Welcome to the Jungle' and 'Think About You'.
Performing in front of 5000-odd people, Rose introduced his mates - Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Ron Thal, Frank Ferrer and DJ Ashba - as he took the microphone.
"Hello Delhi, it is a wonderful evening I am happy to be here," he said.
Delhi witnessed its first hard core rock performance after a long time after Metallica's gig was cancelled last year.
With head banging a normal sight at rock shows, fans couldn't stop shouting and dancing at the gig.
"I am a die hard fan of the band and had booked the passes a month back. I am so happy they have come to India.
They are amazing," said a college student.
Guns N' Roses was formed in 1985 and had Rose and guitarist Slash as its most famous faces. However, Slash parted with the band because of an alleged feud with Rose.
Rose is now the only original member remaining. The band has already performed in Bangalore and Mumbai before last
night's show here.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Singer Arijit Singh apologised to Salman Khan on Facebook. However, the reason behind the
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
- Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launch
- This is how Ranbir will seduce Aishwarya in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- Yes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are back
- See Sofia Hayat before she became a nun
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit