- Salman Khan in 'Shuddhi' again?\'Piku\' touches 100 Crore markAishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani\'s residenceSingh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy outFinally mother-in-law praised openly Mira RajputPriyanka Chopra looks terrifically hot in this love making sceneMistakes in Tanu Weds Manu ReturnsKapil Dev conferred with International Lifetime Achievement AwardMumbai Indians celebrate their second IPL triumphSalman attends sister's reception
India's Deepa Kumari has been promoted as the international hockey umpire by the Internati
Guns N Roses pay tribute to Pandit Ravi Shankar Last Updated : 13 Dec 2012 02:02:24 PM IST File Photo
American rock band Guns N' Roses dedicated their Delhi performance to sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar, who passed away Wednesday.
The band's lead singer Axl Rose talked about the sitar legend during the concert last night and said, "We dedicate this show to Pandit Ravi Shankar, who passed away today."
Three-time Grammy winner Ravi Shankar, 92, underwent a heart-valve replacement surgery at the Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla, California where he breathed his last.
Notorious for being late for their performances across the world, Guns N' Roses surprisingly started their show on time.
During their three hour non-stop performance the band belted out old hits like 'Sweet Child of Mine', 'November Rain', 'Paradise City', 'One in a Million', 'Welcome to the Jungle' and 'Think About You'.
Performing in front of 5000-odd people, Rose introduced his mates - Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Chris Pitman, Richard Fortus, Ron Thal, Frank Ferrer and DJ Ashba - as he took the microphone.
"Hello Delhi, it is a wonderful evening I am happy to be here," he said.
Delhi witnessed its first hard core rock performance after a long time after Metallica's gig was cancelled last year.
With head banging a normal sight at rock shows, fans couldn't stop shouting and dancing at the gig.
"I am a die hard fan of the band and had booked the passes a month back. I am so happy they have come to India.
They are amazing," said a college student.
Guns N' Roses was formed in 1985 and had Rose and guitarist Slash as its most famous faces. However, Slash parted with the band because of an alleged feud with Rose.
Rose is now the only original member remaining. The band has already performed in Bangalore and Mumbai before last
night's show here.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
The other day we heard that superstar Salman Khan is no more a part of Karan Johar's mega
- 'Piku' touches 100 Crore mark
- Aishwarya Rai looked stunning at the IPL party at Ambani's residence
- Sameera Reddy blessed with a Baby Boy
- Weapon training is always extremely fun: Rana Daggubati
- Singh is Bliing: First Look of Akshay-Amy out
- Longtime Oscars director Marty Pasetta dies at 82
- Shahid's Mother revealed truth behind his marriage with Mira Rajput
- Johnny Depp could face 10 year imprisonment for pet dogs
An ancient aqueduct built more than 2,000 years ago to transport water into the city of Je
Government is setting up a centre that will detect malicious programmes like 'botnets' and