- Bar Refaeli feels she is too sexyAbhishek Bachchan clash with Bunty WaliaShahrukh completes 23 years in B'woodCheck out adorable pics of Isha Koppikar's little angelSalman wept while watching \'Bajrangi Bhaijaan\'?Other than Ranveer, who wants to marry Deepika Padukone?Sunny Leone shares screen space with Akki!Kareena\'s London talesParineeti moves in her Bandra HouseShahid's Mira may show her first 'jhalak' on JDJ 8
It will be a very different kind of first serve at this year's Wimbledon tennis championsh
Bollywood celebrities took to twitter mourns Ravi Shankar's death Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 01:07:52 PM IST Bollywood celebrities took to twitter mourns Ravi Shankar's death
Describing Pandit Ravi Shankar as National treasure", "Indian classical music's chief ambassador", and "god of music" Bollywood celebrities took to twitter and expressed their grief over his demise.
Kailash Kher: Pandit Ravi Shankar synonym of music is no more, he has made Sitar (Indian Instrument) international with dignity and Pride. God bless his soul.
A R Rehman Indian classical music has lost its chief ambassador and India it's Bharat Ratna...May God bless his soul!
Mangeshkar said, "He was a worshipper of Lord Krishna and was like the lord for us. We used to talk about everything.The classical sun of India has set and a darkness has come over. There is no artist who spread Indian music this rapidly across the world. He was unique and was a blessed soul."
As news of 92-year-old Ravi Shankar breathing his last came in from California, US, messages started pouring in with melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and top musicians Shivkumar Sharma, Hariprasad Chaurasia and Vishwa Mohan Bhatt condoling the death of the sitar legend.
Classical musician Pt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, who was a disciple of Ravi Shankar, told , "This is the saddest day of my life. I was one of his closest... he was a fatherly figure to me and took care of me. He was one musician with whom every artiste wanted to collaborate. He was so energetic and enthusiastic about life."
Priyanka Chopra: The end of an era in music. We have lost too many legends this year. My condolences to the family. R.I.P. Shri Pandit Ravi Shankar.
Karan Johar: R.I.P. Ravi Shankar, the man who made classical, eternal.
Mahesh Bhatt: Pandit Ravi Shankar a national treasure has 'left us forever'. But his music will resonate in the consciousness of the world forever.
Rituparno Ghosh: This morning had an unearthly kind of beauty to it, perhaps a morning raga to celebrate the passing of Ravi Shankar. RIP.
Shekhar Kapur: Pandit Ravi Shankar completely abandoned himself to creativity in his art. Living in vibrations, his was a spirit then, and a spirit now.
Political leaders and artistes across the spectrum today mourned the demise of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh describing him as a national treasure and a global ambassador of India's cultural heritage.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bar Refaeli feels she is too sexy to be handle.
- Abhishek Bachchan clash with Bunty Walia
- Shahrukh completes 23 years in B'wood
- Check out adorable pics of Isha Koppikar's little angel
- Salman wept while watching 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'?
- Other than Ranveer, who wants to marry Deepika Padukone?
- Sunny Leone shares screen space with Akki!
- ABCD 2 dancer arrested for raping minor girl
- Arjun turns brand ambassador of Hero Cycles
The state's Technical Education and Training Minister Ujjal Biswas said that the student s
Those days are gone, when you have to depend on touch screens and buttons to control your