- What a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met SaifParineeti gets in a new skinWhy was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?Who will win 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded'?Katrina-Arjun\'s \'Fitoor\' wraps shootingWhen Kapil was pushed out of Aishwarya\'s vanity vanPriyanka to return to India for \'Bajirao\' shoot next week
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
Bollywood celebrities took to twitter mourns Ravi Shankar's death Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 01:07:52 PM IST Bollywood celebrities took to twitter mourns Ravi Shankar's death
Describing Pandit Ravi Shankar as National treasure", "Indian classical music's chief ambassador", and "god of music" Bollywood celebrities took to twitter and expressed their grief over his demise.
Kailash Kher: Pandit Ravi Shankar synonym of music is no more, he has made Sitar (Indian Instrument) international with dignity and Pride. God bless his soul.
A R Rehman Indian classical music has lost its chief ambassador and India it's Bharat Ratna...May God bless his soul!
Mangeshkar said, "He was a worshipper of Lord Krishna and was like the lord for us. We used to talk about everything.The classical sun of India has set and a darkness has come over. There is no artist who spread Indian music this rapidly across the world. He was unique and was a blessed soul."
As news of 92-year-old Ravi Shankar breathing his last came in from California, US, messages started pouring in with melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and top musicians Shivkumar Sharma, Hariprasad Chaurasia and Vishwa Mohan Bhatt condoling the death of the sitar legend.
Classical musician Pt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, who was a disciple of Ravi Shankar, told , "This is the saddest day of my life. I was one of his closest... he was a fatherly figure to me and took care of me. He was one musician with whom every artiste wanted to collaborate. He was so energetic and enthusiastic about life."
Priyanka Chopra: The end of an era in music. We have lost too many legends this year. My condolences to the family. R.I.P. Shri Pandit Ravi Shankar.
Karan Johar: R.I.P. Ravi Shankar, the man who made classical, eternal.
Mahesh Bhatt: Pandit Ravi Shankar a national treasure has 'left us forever'. But his music will resonate in the consciousness of the world forever.
Rituparno Ghosh: This morning had an unearthly kind of beauty to it, perhaps a morning raga to celebrate the passing of Ravi Shankar. RIP.
Shekhar Kapur: Pandit Ravi Shankar completely abandoned himself to creativity in his art. Living in vibrations, his was a spirit then, and a spirit now.
Political leaders and artistes across the spectrum today mourned the demise of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh describing him as a national treasure and a global ambassador of India's cultural heritage.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood newbie Athiya Shetty, will walk the ramp for designers Rohit Gandhi and Rahul Kh
- Sidharth, Katrina celebrate 'Baar Baar Dekho' wrap
- Final list of 'Bigg Boss 9' inmates
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po