- Thousands pay tribute to Mahasweta DeviB-Town supports Dia's directorial debutPhilippines to host Miss Universe pageant in Jan 2017Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequelCheck Out 'Mohenjo Daro' new poster featuring HrithikHarbhajan Singh blessed with baby girlExcited, nervous about 'Raees': Mahira KhanTen unknown facts about Huma QureshiPoonam Pandey all set with her new video for her fansBig B celebrates 43 years of 'Abhimaan'
Overnight leader Amandeep Drall bagged the 11th Leg of the Hero women Professional golf To
Bollywood celebrities took to twitter mourns Ravi Shankar's death Last Updated : 12 Dec 2012 01:07:52 PM IST Bollywood celebrities took to twitter mourns Ravi Shankar's death
Describing Pandit Ravi Shankar as National treasure", "Indian classical music's chief ambassador", and "god of music" Bollywood celebrities took to twitter and expressed their grief over his demise.
Kailash Kher: Pandit Ravi Shankar synonym of music is no more, he has made Sitar (Indian Instrument) international with dignity and Pride. God bless his soul.
A R Rehman Indian classical music has lost its chief ambassador and India it's Bharat Ratna...May God bless his soul!
Mangeshkar said, "He was a worshipper of Lord Krishna and was like the lord for us. We used to talk about everything.The classical sun of India has set and a darkness has come over. There is no artist who spread Indian music this rapidly across the world. He was unique and was a blessed soul."
As news of 92-year-old Ravi Shankar breathing his last came in from California, US, messages started pouring in with melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and top musicians Shivkumar Sharma, Hariprasad Chaurasia and Vishwa Mohan Bhatt condoling the death of the sitar legend.
Classical musician Pt Vishwa Mohan Bhatt, who was a disciple of Ravi Shankar, told , "This is the saddest day of my life. I was one of his closest... he was a fatherly figure to me and took care of me. He was one musician with whom every artiste wanted to collaborate. He was so energetic and enthusiastic about life."
Priyanka Chopra: The end of an era in music. We have lost too many legends this year. My condolences to the family. R.I.P. Shri Pandit Ravi Shankar.
Karan Johar: R.I.P. Ravi Shankar, the man who made classical, eternal.
Mahesh Bhatt: Pandit Ravi Shankar a national treasure has 'left us forever'. But his music will resonate in the consciousness of the world forever.
Rituparno Ghosh: This morning had an unearthly kind of beauty to it, perhaps a morning raga to celebrate the passing of Ravi Shankar. RIP.
Shekhar Kapur: Pandit Ravi Shankar completely abandoned himself to creativity in his art. Living in vibrations, his was a spirit then, and a spirit now.
Political leaders and artistes across the spectrum today mourned the demise of sitar maestro Ravi Shankar with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh describing him as a national treasure and a global ambassador of India's cultural heritage.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Film: The BFG; Director: Steven Spielberg; Cast: Mark Rylance, Ruby Barnhill, Penelope Wil
- Pratyusha case: Parents allege bias in police probe
- B-Town supports Dia's directorial debut
- Bollywood is on Mr. World's wish list
- Mahesh Babu's next starts rolling
- Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequel
- Sanjay Dutt, Mahesh Manjrekar to again team up for 'De Dhakka' remake
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Basu
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu