- Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015Salman tweets Varun : Happy ShuddhiShah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: AishwaryaWhy Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan are the leading Bollywood romantic pairFive reasons why Salman walked out of Karan Johar\'s ShuddhiSalman not to do Karan's 'Shuddhi'Review of 'Tanu weds Manu Returns'
The president of Italy's amateur footall federation, Felice Belloli, was sacked from his p
Madhuri Dixit to rule silver screen again Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 01:04:04 PM IST Madhuri Dixit to rule silver screen again
Diva of Bollywood Madhuri Dixit is all set to rule the silver screen again. The actress will be seen in a new avatar in her upcoming films "Gulab Gang" and "Dedh Ishqiya"
Madhuri Dixit, who ruled the silver screen in late 80’s and early 90’s, said she no longer wants to do roles that require her to run around trees.
Her roles in Vishal Bhardwaj`s ‘Dedh Ishqiya’ and Anubhav Sinha`s ‘Gulab Gang are not stereotypical.
"Both the films have very tight scripts and very mature roles- exactly the kind of films that I want to do now. I can't run around trees anymore. That is something that I won't enjoy doing. I feel now things are beyond beauty and that is the right way. I can't portray caricatures on screen," she said
Anubhav Sinha said, “I’m very excited about Gulab Gang. I’m hoping to release the film on March 8, 2013 on International Women’s Day. The film will go on floors in October.
Referring to the industry politics ,Madhuri said she never believed in number games and always tried to do good work in front of the camera.
"Being number one or number two never bothered me. I did not believe in all that. I had this in mind that whenever I go on the sets, I have to give my best. Whenever I gave a good shot, that was a special moment for me",madhuri said.
The 45-year-old 'dhak dhak' girl made a comeback to acting after a four-year-long hiatus in 2007 with "Aaja Nachle".
The actress said that she always enjoyed her work and never got into the politics of the industry. Madhuri, who made her debut with "Abodh" in 1984, went on to star in films like "Tezaab", "Beta", "Hum Aapke Hain Koun","Dil To Pagal Hai", "Devdas".
She also said that the industry has changed a lot from what it was when she left. "Our industry has changed. Women are all over and doing great work. When I left the industry, Farah Khan was a choreographer. When I came back, she had become this super
successful director. There is Zoya Akhtar, who made last year's best film 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara'. Now I see so many women as assistant directors, creative directors, camera persons. It is a positive step," she said.
To her, the reason behind so many women-centric films like "Kahaani", "Fashion", "The Dirty Picture", being made is because of the change in the society and audience. "The debate of heroine versus hero has been going on forever. But films have really changed. It is not that there have not been women centric films before but not as much as we are seeing now. Women in the society has changed and that is being reflected in films. Even the audience has changed," she said.
When asked about pay scale of actress' in Bollywood not being at par with actors, Madhuri joked, "I think we have to form a group and need to take care of it."
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Former "Baywatch" actress Pamela Anderson is all set to release her new photo and prose bo
- Why Karan Johar's loss will be YRF's gain?
- No, Sunny Leone-Daniel Weber not kicked out of their house!
- SRK discharged from hospital after knee surgery
- PICS:Kim Kardashian fires back on critics
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch movie, and here are the reasons
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap