- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustreSee Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'Bipasha Basu to marry Karan todayRonaldo could be sidelinedRichards knocks ICC for criticism of West IndiesDaughters are our continuity: Big BThings to keep in mind for laser hair reductionI can't live for awards: Kalki KoechlinWant to breathe clean air? Travel to Himachal's Kinnaur districtMovie Review Baaghi
Vijender Singh registered the fifth consecutive win of his fledgling professional career
I want to make the Mahabharata: Aamir Khan Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 07:34:03 AM IST File photo: Aamir Khan
The 47-year-old actor has even thought that he will play the character of Lord Krishna in it.
"I want to make the Mahabharata. It's my dream and a nightmare too. It will take 20 years of my life to work on such a subject. I am apprehensive about it because people complain that I take three years to make a film," he said on the sidelines of Agenda Aaj Tak's session 'Dil Chahta Hai'.
"I actually wanted to play Karna because he is my favourite. But I feel, I don't fit into the character because he was a six feet five inches warrior. So, I think I will be best suited for Krishna's character. My mom used to call me Krishna when I was a kid and like him, I was also surrounded by girls."
The 'Talaash' star has always built a sense of responsibility in the society be it his initiative to join anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare or highlighting social issues through his TV debut 'Satyamev Jayate'.
"Being an entertainer or a creative person, it's my social responsibility to build the social fabric and a grace in the society. I am not a political person because I have no interest in politics. I strongly feel that I should contribute for a social change through my craft," he said.
Recently, a man who spoke against honour killing in one of the episodes of 'Satyamev Jayate' was allegedly shot dead by his family members. The actor expressed his grief for this act but said he will not scrap the idea of going ahead with the second season of his show.
"My good wishes will always be with him and wife. But with this, I don't lost my hope to do something for my society. I will definitely bring the second season of the show."Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Akshay Kumar has apologised to the fan, who was punched by his bodyguard at an event
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
- Bipasha Basu to marry Karan today
- Green corridor initiative is need of the hour
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of