- Pics: B-Town celebrates P.V. Sindhu's Olympic win'Happy Bhag Jayegi': A light-hearted, feel-good filmCelebrities hail Sakshi Malik's Olympic winPink is not a film about rape, says Amitabh BachchanOn Rakhi, TV actors recount memories with 'partners in crime'B-Town celebs wish Navroz Mubarak to ParsisBritish-era bunker unearthed in Raj BhavanLeaked: Sex Scenes from award winning film 'Parched'Entertainment Being an actress, I can be anybody: Priyanka ChopraCheck out Salman's 'Tubelight' first look
Badminton Association of India (BAI) president Akhilesh Das Gupta on Saturday welcomed Pri
I want to make the Mahabharata: Aamir Khan Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 07:34:03 AM IST File photo: Aamir Khan
The 47-year-old actor has even thought that he will play the character of Lord Krishna in it.
"I want to make the Mahabharata. It's my dream and a nightmare too. It will take 20 years of my life to work on such a subject. I am apprehensive about it because people complain that I take three years to make a film," he said on the sidelines of Agenda Aaj Tak's session 'Dil Chahta Hai'.
"I actually wanted to play Karna because he is my favourite. But I feel, I don't fit into the character because he was a six feet five inches warrior. So, I think I will be best suited for Krishna's character. My mom used to call me Krishna when I was a kid and like him, I was also surrounded by girls."
The 'Talaash' star has always built a sense of responsibility in the society be it his initiative to join anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare or highlighting social issues through his TV debut 'Satyamev Jayate'.
"Being an entertainer or a creative person, it's my social responsibility to build the social fabric and a grace in the society. I am not a political person because I have no interest in politics. I strongly feel that I should contribute for a social change through my craft," he said.
Recently, a man who spoke against honour killing in one of the episodes of 'Satyamev Jayate' was allegedly shot dead by his family members. The actor expressed his grief for this act but said he will not scrap the idea of going ahead with the second season of his show.
"My good wishes will always be with him and wife. But with this, I don't lost my hope to do something for my society. I will definitely bring the second season of the show."Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Shantanu and Nikhil showcased a separate line of menswear and women's wear at the ongoing
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Cara Delevingne goes bottomless to raise awareness about cancer
- Construction worker dies on 'Blade Runner' sequel set
- Don't want quick success: Sayani Gupta
- Nowadays commercial films are cliched: Shoojit Sircar
- Industry has changed, but not my life: Dolly
- Salman to don astronaut look for show promo
- Jaya Prada in UP Film Council with cabinet rank
A 53-year-old woman was killed while descending a 3,000-feet mountain after her husband u
US tech giant Apple is planning to remove the physical Touch ID button below the screen an