- Review: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launchYes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are backSee Sofia Hayat before she became a nunMedia has dishonoured Iulia: SalmanAyutthaya: Once a flourishing temple city
India's tennis stars Sania Mirza, Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna got their French Open cam
I want to make the Mahabharata: Aamir Khan Last Updated : 08 Dec 2012 07:34:03 AM IST File photo: Aamir Khan
The 47-year-old actor has even thought that he will play the character of Lord Krishna in it.
"I want to make the Mahabharata. It's my dream and a nightmare too. It will take 20 years of my life to work on such a subject. I am apprehensive about it because people complain that I take three years to make a film," he said on the sidelines of Agenda Aaj Tak's session 'Dil Chahta Hai'.
"I actually wanted to play Karna because he is my favourite. But I feel, I don't fit into the character because he was a six feet five inches warrior. So, I think I will be best suited for Krishna's character. My mom used to call me Krishna when I was a kid and like him, I was also surrounded by girls."
The 'Talaash' star has always built a sense of responsibility in the society be it his initiative to join anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare or highlighting social issues through his TV debut 'Satyamev Jayate'.
"Being an entertainer or a creative person, it's my social responsibility to build the social fabric and a grace in the society. I am not a political person because I have no interest in politics. I strongly feel that I should contribute for a social change through my craft," he said.
Recently, a man who spoke against honour killing in one of the episodes of 'Satyamev Jayate' was allegedly shot dead by his family members. The actor expressed his grief for this act but said he will not scrap the idea of going ahead with the second season of his show.
"My good wishes will always be with him and wife. But with this, I don't lost my hope to do something for my society. I will definitely bring the second season of the show."Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director: Anu Menon; Cast: Naseeruddin Shah, Kalki Koechlin, Rajat Kapoor, Arjun Mathur, R
- Sonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film Festival
- Karan Johar celebrates birthday with star kids
- Big B to host only segment of Modi's bash
- Arijit Singh apology to Sultan star Salman Khan, pleading to retain his song; deletes it later
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T