- SRK reaches children for road safety'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekendI'm not getting married: Preity ZintaKatrina Kaif sports a short hairdoSunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night standDeepika Padukone wants to try her luck in productionBig B to reunite with Shoojit Sircar for his nextPics: Is there a ray of hope again for the LGBT?Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumps
Badminton Association of India (BAI) announced a cash award of Rs 10 lakh for PV Sindhu in
I want to direct Aamir Khan: Rajamouli Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 10:46:28 AM IST File photo: Telugu director S S Rajamouli
"I love all actors from here. But I love Aamir Khan the most. I adore him and treat him as a guru. I like the way he makes films, the way he promotes them. If there is a chance, I would jump to direct him because I would learn so much from him," Rajamouli told PTI, adding that from 'Sarfarosh', he loved all of Aamir's films.
The director's 2006 film 'Vikramarkudu' was remade in Hindi as 'Rowdy Rathore'. The film, starring Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead, was a huge hit.
His comedy thriller 'Maryada Ramanna' has been remade as 'Son of Sardaar' in Hindi. The film, released this Diwali with Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Sonakshi Sinha and Juhi Chawla in the lead, is doing well at the box office.
"I would love to do a Bollywood film. I would like to make a historical or a mythological movie. But again when time will come I don't know what I will do," Rajamouli said.
"Our mythology and history have strong and powerful content. Like the story between Rana Pratap and Akbar, Shivaji and Aurangzeb. It takes a lot of effort to bring that on screen. But I would love to take that challenge," he added.
So, will Aamir be the best and immediate option for his Bollywood debut, Rajamouli says, "That depends on the story, even though I would love to work with him. I cannot make a story that would not suit him and go ask him."
On when he sees his Hindi film debut happening, the director said, "I don't know. I am still in the planning stages. I am planning it to happen in next two years time."
Known for making 'masala' films down south, Rajamouli, however, does not want to try out that for Bollywood debut.
"I don't see myself making one ('masala' movie in Bollywood). I don't want to go back to mass 'masala' films. I have been doing that from the beginning of my career. I see potential in them. It is just that I moved to universally appealing subjects, I love making films with large canvas like 'Magadheera' (historical romance drama)," he said.
Rajamouli's dream is to make epic Mahabharat's presentation on big screen.
"For 'Mahabharata', I need a lot more experience. May be it would take eight or nine years to start the project," he said.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Watch comedian Raju Srivastava's new video for 'Swachha Bharat Abhiyaan'.
- SRK reaches children for road safety
- B-town goes gaga over Ranbir-Deepika's in 'Tamasha'
- Akshay-Twinkle's dinner date at Taj
- 'Tamasha' collects 38.23 crores in opening weekend
- I'm not getting married: Preity Zinta
- Katrina Kaif sports a short hairdo
- Sunny Leone invites Tusshar Kapoor for a one-night stand
- Deepika Padukone wants to try her luck in production
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl