- AICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaarFriends and Friendship in BollywoodFriendship Day 2015 wallpapers and imagesShahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shootBipasha sizzles in bikini at MaldivesHow romantic Salman and Sonam look together in Prem ratan Dhan Payo!Rani Mukerji on Vogue, Kajol on ElleKalki Koechlin turns showstopper for Gaurav GuptaYakub Memon buried at Bada Khabristan'Missile Man' laid to rest with emotional farewell
Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal is confident of recovering from her shoulder pain and reg
I want to direct Aamir Khan: Rajamouli Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 10:46:28 AM IST File photo: Telugu director S S Rajamouli
"I love all actors from here. But I love Aamir Khan the most. I adore him and treat him as a guru. I like the way he makes films, the way he promotes them. If there is a chance, I would jump to direct him because I would learn so much from him," Rajamouli told PTI, adding that from 'Sarfarosh', he loved all of Aamir's films.
The director's 2006 film 'Vikramarkudu' was remade in Hindi as 'Rowdy Rathore'. The film, starring Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead, was a huge hit.
His comedy thriller 'Maryada Ramanna' has been remade as 'Son of Sardaar' in Hindi. The film, released this Diwali with Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Sonakshi Sinha and Juhi Chawla in the lead, is doing well at the box office.
"I would love to do a Bollywood film. I would like to make a historical or a mythological movie. But again when time will come I don't know what I will do," Rajamouli said.
"Our mythology and history have strong and powerful content. Like the story between Rana Pratap and Akbar, Shivaji and Aurangzeb. It takes a lot of effort to bring that on screen. But I would love to take that challenge," he added.
So, will Aamir be the best and immediate option for his Bollywood debut, Rajamouli says, "That depends on the story, even though I would love to work with him. I cannot make a story that would not suit him and go ask him."
On when he sees his Hindi film debut happening, the director said, "I don't know. I am still in the planning stages. I am planning it to happen in next two years time."
Known for making 'masala' films down south, Rajamouli, however, does not want to try out that for Bollywood debut.
"I don't see myself making one ('masala' movie in Bollywood). I don't want to go back to mass 'masala' films. I have been doing that from the beginning of my career. I see potential in them. It is just that I moved to universally appealing subjects, I love making films with large canvas like 'Magadheera' (historical romance drama)," he said.
Rajamouli's dream is to make epic Mahabharat's presentation on big screen.
"For 'Mahabharata', I need a lot more experience. May be it would take eight or nine years to start the project," he said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Nick Gordon has requested Bobby Brown to allow him to attend Bobbi Kristina Brown's funera
- Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta to announce two new projects
- AICW 2015: Kirti Sanon in a bridal avtaar
- Friends and Friendship in Bollywood
- Watch Katrina in Phantom's new song 'Afghan Jalebi'
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Shahrukh wrapped 'Dilwale' shoot
- Riteish supports Salman's tweets on Yakub Memon
- Bipasha sizzles in bikini at Maldives
A Hong Kong woman was sentenced to three-and-a-half months in jail on Thursday after a cou
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that