- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustreSee Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'Bipasha Basu to marry Karan todayRonaldo could be sidelinedRichards knocks ICC for criticism of West IndiesDaughters are our continuity: Big BThings to keep in mind for laser hair reductionI can't live for awards: Kalki KoechlinWant to breathe clean air? Travel to Himachal's Kinnaur districtMovie Review Baaghi
Vijender Singh registered the fifth consecutive win of his fledgling professional career
I want to direct Aamir Khan: Rajamouli Last Updated : 30 Nov 2012 10:46:28 AM IST File photo: Telugu director S S Rajamouli
"I love all actors from here. But I love Aamir Khan the most. I adore him and treat him as a guru. I like the way he makes films, the way he promotes them. If there is a chance, I would jump to direct him because I would learn so much from him," Rajamouli told PTI, adding that from 'Sarfarosh', he loved all of Aamir's films.
The director's 2006 film 'Vikramarkudu' was remade in Hindi as 'Rowdy Rathore'. The film, starring Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha in the lead, was a huge hit.
His comedy thriller 'Maryada Ramanna' has been remade as 'Son of Sardaar' in Hindi. The film, released this Diwali with Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt, Sonakshi Sinha and Juhi Chawla in the lead, is doing well at the box office.
"I would love to do a Bollywood film. I would like to make a historical or a mythological movie. But again when time will come I don't know what I will do," Rajamouli said.
"Our mythology and history have strong and powerful content. Like the story between Rana Pratap and Akbar, Shivaji and Aurangzeb. It takes a lot of effort to bring that on screen. But I would love to take that challenge," he added.
So, will Aamir be the best and immediate option for his Bollywood debut, Rajamouli says, "That depends on the story, even though I would love to work with him. I cannot make a story that would not suit him and go ask him."
On when he sees his Hindi film debut happening, the director said, "I don't know. I am still in the planning stages. I am planning it to happen in next two years time."
Known for making 'masala' films down south, Rajamouli, however, does not want to try out that for Bollywood debut.
"I don't see myself making one ('masala' movie in Bollywood). I don't want to go back to mass 'masala' films. I have been doing that from the beginning of my career. I see potential in them. It is just that I moved to universally appealing subjects, I love making films with large canvas like 'Magadheera' (historical romance drama)," he said.
Rajamouli's dream is to make epic Mahabharat's presentation on big screen.
"For 'Mahabharata', I need a lot more experience. May be it would take eight or nine years to start the project," he said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Akshay Kumar has apologised to the fan, who was punched by his bodyguard at an event
- 'Baaghi': Sincere but lacklustre
- See Mohit Raina's merciless avatar in 'Ashoka'
- Bipasha Basu to marry Karan today
- Green corridor initiative is need of the hour
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of