- CSK spin their way to thumping win over Kings XI PunjabDeepika has something to worry aboutSee Bollywood sexy babes in nightwearPiku's new posture reveals father-daughter cute chemistryBipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover on a date!Rare photos of B'day boy Varun DhawanKim Kardashian ready to be pregnantHere\'s why we call Tiger Shroff among best dancers of BollywoodWhich Bollywood star had slapped Varun Dhawan once?Vogue features first Transgender model Andreja Pejic
Playing her first match as world number one, India's Sania Mirza crashed out of the Porsch
Foreign filmmakers increasingly opting for Indian themes: Bedi Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 05:01:33 PM IST File Photo
Noted actor Kabir Bedi feels that the success of Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' indicates that India as a theme is finding resonance in with foreign filmmakers.
"It is such an amazing thing that they make film about India without having any big star in it. The message given through the film becomes universal," Bedi told at the sidelines of a discussion 'Chai and Chat' at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012.
'Life of Pi' was the inaugural film at the festival and hit full occupancy during the first show leading to a repeat show today at Kala Academy auditorium.
"India is now been seen with a new respect. It is no more an underdeveloped country. Indian theme is being tried by the
filmmakers abroad which is why we have a movie like Life of
Pi," he said.
Bedi, whose career spans across three continents, said that Brand India is growing as the country is becoming a world power.
"We are unique country. We have wonderful stories to tell. The trick is to make it universal like what Ang Lee did. Indian filmmakers are capable of doing that too," he added.
He said that the trend was started by filmmakers like Satyajit Ray and it has been taken forward by filmmakers across the globe.
"Its like a mind that you go into and pull motherload of stories," the actor, who has been associated with several projects abroad, said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Deepika Padukone concerned about her personal shortcomings rather than professional ones.
- Akshay feels disheartened by Gajendra's suicide
- See Bollywood sexy babes in nightwear
- Piku's new posture reveals father-daughter cute chemistry
- Lady Gaga to receive contemporary ‘Icon’ award
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover on a date!
- B-Town wishes Varun Dhawan on B'day
- Rare photos of B'day boy Varun Dhawan
- PICS:Kim Kardashian ready to be pregnant
An Islamic college in Melbourne city has banned its girl students from participating in ru
Asus India launched the successor to their much-loved Zenfone range in the Asus Zenfone 2,