- Nil Battey Sannata Review: Swara Bhaskar's Mother-Daughter story encourages!Decor tips to get your house summer readyMeet sexy babe Vaani KapoorSee some popular selfie poses, choose the one you likeFantastic Box Office Collection: 'The Jungle Book' debuts with over $100 mnOMG! Pratyusha was pregnantLook who gate crashed Bipasha's bachelorette partyWhy is Kangna not recording her statement: Hrithik's lawyersScariest character I have ever played: Shahid on 'Udta Punjab'Jabong launches international fashion brand Mexx in India
Portuguese doctor Nuno Campos, a former member of the medical team of his national footbal
Foreign filmmakers increasingly opting for Indian themes: Bedi Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 05:01:33 PM IST File Photo
Noted actor Kabir Bedi feels that the success of Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' indicates that India as a theme is finding resonance in with foreign filmmakers.
"It is such an amazing thing that they make film about India without having any big star in it. The message given through the film becomes universal," Bedi told at the sidelines of a discussion 'Chai and Chat' at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012.
'Life of Pi' was the inaugural film at the festival and hit full occupancy during the first show leading to a repeat show today at Kala Academy auditorium.
"India is now been seen with a new respect. It is no more an underdeveloped country. Indian theme is being tried by the
filmmakers abroad which is why we have a movie like Life of
Pi," he said.
Bedi, whose career spans across three continents, said that Brand India is growing as the country is becoming a world power.
"We are unique country. We have wonderful stories to tell. The trick is to make it universal like what Ang Lee did. Indian filmmakers are capable of doing that too," he added.
He said that the trend was started by filmmakers like Satyajit Ray and it has been taken forward by filmmakers across the globe.
"Its like a mind that you go into and pull motherload of stories," the actor, who has been associated with several projects abroad, said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actor Manoj Bajpayee, who will be seen as a traffic constable in the forthcoming thriller
- Roberts doesn't 'always' enjoy
- look of Anushka Sharma in Sultan is a kick-ass look
- Bipasha looked like a fairy in her Mehndi ceremony
- Daughters are our continuity: Big B
- I can't live for awards: Kalki Koechlin
- Movie Review Baaghi
- Salman will be able to add glamour to Rio: Ganguly
- Mamta, spouse under probe in narcotics racket
Is it true that fashion affects the personality? but it has certain tendency to achieve so
Remember Freedom 251 from ringing bells at just Rs 251 which soon became an smartphone of