- Review: 'Waiting' Actors rule the roostSonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film FestivalKaran Johar celebrates birthday with star kidsWhen Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'Wear the right shoe for the right occasion!Aamir Khan, McKellen discuss Shakespeare at MAMI Film Club launchYes, Virat Kohli and Anushka are backSee Sofia Hayat before she became a nunMedia has dishonoured Iulia: SalmanAyutthaya: Once a flourishing temple city
India's tennis stars Sania Mirza, Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna got their French Open cam
Foreign filmmakers increasingly opting for Indian themes: Bedi Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 05:01:33 PM IST File Photo
Noted actor Kabir Bedi feels that the success of Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' indicates that India as a theme is finding resonance in with foreign filmmakers.
"It is such an amazing thing that they make film about India without having any big star in it. The message given through the film becomes universal," Bedi told at the sidelines of a discussion 'Chai and Chat' at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012.
'Life of Pi' was the inaugural film at the festival and hit full occupancy during the first show leading to a repeat show today at Kala Academy auditorium.
"India is now been seen with a new respect. It is no more an underdeveloped country. Indian theme is being tried by the
filmmakers abroad which is why we have a movie like Life of
Pi," he said.
Bedi, whose career spans across three continents, said that Brand India is growing as the country is becoming a world power.
"We are unique country. We have wonderful stories to tell. The trick is to make it universal like what Ang Lee did. Indian filmmakers are capable of doing that too," he added.
He said that the trend was started by filmmakers like Satyajit Ray and it has been taken forward by filmmakers across the globe.
"Its like a mind that you go into and pull motherload of stories," the actor, who has been associated with several projects abroad, said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director: Anu Menon; Cast: Naseeruddin Shah, Kalki Koechlin, Rajat Kapoor, Arjun Mathur, R
- Sonam, McKellen inaugurate Kashish Film Festival
- Karan Johar celebrates birthday with star kids
- Big B to host only segment of Modi's bash
- Arijit Singh apology to Sultan star Salman Khan, pleading to retain his song; deletes it later
- When Salman Khan was in tears while shooting for 'Sultan'
- Stars wish Karan Johar on birthday
- Why Arijit deletes his apology letter to Salman
- Watch: salman Khan film sultan trailer released
The number of people in Britain who have tried e-cigarettes has almost doubled in just two
Virtual dog to teach robots to perform tasks intelligently
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
In a bid to heat up the premium flagship smartphone segment, Taiwan-based company HTC on T