- Hot and spicy Day at Auto Expo 2016When Irrfan rejected Steven Spielberg film'Chamma Chamma' girl Urmila's controversiesSecond poster of 'Kapoor And Sons' outRiteish, Genelia celebrate love on 4th anniversaryVideocon launches Z45 Dazzle at Rs.4,899Gorgeous Katrina spotted at Auto Expo 2016Ranveer does not take himself seriouslyJanuary 2016 coldest in 30 yearsVitara Brezza, BMW 1 series,Tucson launched at Auto Expo 2016
The Indian national football team has gained a place to be 162nd in the latest rankings re
Foreign filmmakers increasingly opting for Indian themes: Bedi Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 05:01:33 PM IST File Photo
Noted actor Kabir Bedi feels that the success of Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' indicates that India as a theme is finding resonance in with foreign filmmakers.
"It is such an amazing thing that they make film about India without having any big star in it. The message given through the film becomes universal," Bedi told at the sidelines of a discussion 'Chai and Chat' at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012.
'Life of Pi' was the inaugural film at the festival and hit full occupancy during the first show leading to a repeat show today at Kala Academy auditorium.
"India is now been seen with a new respect. It is no more an underdeveloped country. Indian theme is being tried by the
filmmakers abroad which is why we have a movie like Life of
Pi," he said.
Bedi, whose career spans across three continents, said that Brand India is growing as the country is becoming a world power.
"We are unique country. We have wonderful stories to tell. The trick is to make it universal like what Ang Lee did. Indian filmmakers are capable of doing that too," he added.
He said that the trend was started by filmmakers like Satyajit Ray and it has been taken forward by filmmakers across the globe.
"Its like a mind that you go into and pull motherload of stories," the actor, who has been associated with several projects abroad, said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Online retailer Snapdeal has decided not to renew its contract with Aamir Khan as its bran
- I am not in awe of Kareena: Arjun Kapoor
- All you want to know about Shahid's Valentine's Day plan
- Abhishek celebrates birthday on cruise
- Randeep's shocking malnourished look in 'Sarabjit'
- When Sunny went topless!
- Bollywood wishes Abhishek on birthday
- Review: Sanam Teri Kasam
- Review: Ghayal Once Again;outstanding
When one spouse passes away, his or her characteristics continue to be linked with the sur
Samsung launched two new A series smartphone Galaxy A5 2016 and the Galaxy A7 2016 at For