- Kim Kardashian fires back on criticsSee what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with KapilVideo+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, ShakiraTanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch, and we will tell you why?Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing lineVote for Aishwarya\'s best gown in cannes 2015Salman tweets Varun : Happy ShuddhiShah Rukh Khan undergoes knee surgery, thanks fans for support'Jazbaa' is not my come back film: Aishwarya
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal today regained the number one spot in the latest BWF wor
Foreign filmmakers increasingly opting for Indian themes: Bedi Last Updated : 22 Nov 2012 05:01:33 PM IST File Photo
Noted actor Kabir Bedi feels that the success of Ang Lee's 'Life of Pi' indicates that India as a theme is finding resonance in with foreign filmmakers.
"It is such an amazing thing that they make film about India without having any big star in it. The message given through the film becomes universal," Bedi told at the sidelines of a discussion 'Chai and Chat' at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2012.
'Life of Pi' was the inaugural film at the festival and hit full occupancy during the first show leading to a repeat show today at Kala Academy auditorium.
"India is now been seen with a new respect. It is no more an underdeveloped country. Indian theme is being tried by the
filmmakers abroad which is why we have a movie like Life of
Pi," he said.
Bedi, whose career spans across three continents, said that Brand India is growing as the country is becoming a world power.
"We are unique country. We have wonderful stories to tell. The trick is to make it universal like what Ang Lee did. Indian filmmakers are capable of doing that too," he added.
He said that the trend was started by filmmakers like Satyajit Ray and it has been taken forward by filmmakers across the globe.
"Its like a mind that you go into and pull motherload of stories," the actor, who has been associated with several projects abroad, said.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Reality TV star Kim Kardashian responded to haters accusing her of being famous by doing n
- See what fun the cast of Dil Dhadkne Do has at Comedy Nights with Kapil
- Video+PICS: Aguilera mocked on Miley, Britney, Shakira
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns is a must watch, and we will tell you why?
- OMG! Salman Khan's Dubsmash with Sonakshi is hilarious
- Was Aishwarya Rai uncomfortable in this gown at Cannes 2015?
- Akshay Kumar to launch his clothing line
- Vote for Aishwarya's best gown in cannes 2015
- Salman tweets Varun : Happy Shuddhi
In an unprecedented move, a woman here has placed a matrimonial advertisement in a newspap
Indian conglomerate Essar Group today said it is no longer interested in buying Nokia's Ch