- Review: Mechanic ResurrectionOMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???Shahid-Mira to announce good news soon'A Flying Jatt' movie reviewShraddha, Sushant walks for at Malhotra at LFWBhavna Bhavnani abuses Salman Khan to sell her bookDeepika Padukone among worl'd richest actresses nowSakshi Malik will be Beti Bachao Beti Padhao brand ambassador in HaryanaRustom Girl Ileana D'Cruz's monsoon skin ritualFirst Look: Shah Rukh shooting for The Ring
With India, a country of over 1.2 billion people, managing to win only two medals in the j
I have never looked at box office figures: Aamir Khan Last Updated : 20 Nov 2012 11:16:53 AM IST File photo: Aamir Khan
In Bollywood, Rs 100 crore has become the new definition of box office success. But actor Aamir Khan feels that numbers can be deceptive and the elite figure may not be the true measure to determine how well a film is made or received by the audience.
Three of Aamir's films -- '3 Idiots', 'Ghajini' and 'Fanaa' -- have reportedly earned over Rs 350 crore, Rs 150 crore, and Rs 100 crore respectively, scaling the touchstone of success. Yet he does not believe in the number game.
"A large number of people might see the film because a star is there. Numbers can be deceptive. To me success means when we as a creative team sit together to watch a film before it releases... (do we) feel that we have succeeded in making what we set out to do. If the team feels we have come close, it's the first sign of success," Aamir said.
"I have never looked at figures. I am the last person to look at figures at the outset. I look at them in retrospect as it helps me gauge how well a film of mine has been received. It is one of the yard sticks. I use them to understand how my film has fared, how people have reacted to it," he said.
Aamir feels even though a film may earn a lot of money at the BO but there are chances that not many people may like it.
"Let's say a film had done big business but when you ask people how did you like the film, only six or seven people out of ten say it was ok... then is it a successful film ? If another film has done half the business and you ask people how they like it.. if eight to nine out of ten like it.. then," he said.
The 47-year-old actor-producer feels filmmaking is a team effort and the credit for the success of a film should not entirely be given to actors but the whole team.
"Film making is a team effort... its tough. The director and writer play important parts but along with that there is the cameraman, the sound engineer, the song composer, lyric writer, actors... so when a film does well, it is the result of this team doing good work. The balance is not in the hands of actors alone," Aamir said.
Aamir is known for being a marketing and promotion genius for releasing his films as an actor-producer.
"I think promoting a film is an important part of filmmaking. It is an intrinsic part of that. Filmmaking is story telling. The more excited you are about the story you have, the more intense will be your attempt will be to get people's attention," he said.
Aamir is looking forward to the release of his suspense drama 'Talaash' that hits the screens on November 30.
Directed by Reema Kagti, 'Talaash' revolves around three characters - Aamir who plays a cop, Rani Mukherjee playing Aamir's wife and Kareena Kapoor.
"'Talaash' is essentially a suspense drama.. there is no social message but there is an important aspect to the story. The reason why it attracted me was that it is not only a great suspense story but it was like journey where I didn't know what would happen next. So in that way, it held its suspense for me," Aamir said.
Aamir, who has teamed up with Kareena and Rani for the film is all praises for both the leading ladies.
"It's been great working with Rani and Kareena. Both are great actors... I get along well with them. It was great fun to work with them. When you work with good artists there is a certain chemistry which works... the scene comes alive,"he said.
Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Director-producer Shoojit Sircar says Amitabh Bachchan, who is playing a lawyer in the for
- It's a girl for Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput
- Review: Mechanic Resurrection
- OMG!!! Ranbir is mocking Katrina's text messages???
- Palak Muchhal in tears while recording song for 'Naamkarann'
- Would love to go out-of-the-box, says Abhay Deol
- Jackie Chan is Renny Harlin's icon
- 'Freaky Ali' team to launch menswear label in Dubai
- Taapsee, Neeraj Pandey team up for 'Meera'
The world's largest natural pearl will be put on display in the Philippines soon, after th
South Korean electronics conglomerate LG on Friday launched a new X Cam smartphone in Indi
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- Microsoft acquires Genee to accelerate intelligent experiences in Office 365
- Gionee launches selfie-focussed smartphone in India
- Microsoft's OneNote tool now available for Mac
- Huawei P9 with dual-lens camera launched in India at Rs 39,999