- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love storyIndia clinch series victory against SAMeet top Miss Supranational of 2015Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'Wedding album of Disha VakaniFilm Review: TamashaBipasha shares burnt marksIt will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-Katrina
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Big B, SRK inaugurate Kolkata Film Festival Last Updated : 11 Nov 2012 07:33:10 AM IST West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and actor Amitabh Bachchan during the inaugration of Kolkata Film Festival along with Shah Rukh Khan, Mithun Chakrabarty, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
Acknowledging the contribution of West Bengal in cinema, literature, art and culture, the actors, who flew down from Mumbai at the personal request of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, told a packed stadium that they were privileged and honoured to be the part of the ceremony.
Bachchan, 70, amidst loud applause, started off by speaking in Bengali and ended reciting a stanza from Rabindranath Tagore's poem 'Banglar Mati Banglar Jol'.
Khan, 47, the brand ambassador of the state, told the audience of around 15,000-20,000 people, "What brings me every time to Kolkata is the energy and enthusiasm of Mamata Banerjee."
Taking the glamour quotient of the festival up, Khan's 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' co-actors Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma, besides Mithun Chakraborty, and the who's who of the Bengali film industry were present at the inauguration.
Bengali music composer Debajyoti Mishra led an orchestra which presented a melodious medley of evergreen Hindi and Bengali songs including Rabindra Sangeet.
Organised by the information and cultural affairs department of the West Bengal government, the eight-day festival will screen 189 films from 60 countries in 40
languages at twelve venues across the metropolis.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl