- Daisy wants to explore moreHathaway flaunts baby bumpsSonam sends love to Fawad on birthdayPriyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box officeRanveer says Priyanka better than DeepikaSRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'PM Modi Mobbed by Media for 'Selfie''Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleastUnknown facts about Yami Gautam
Still recuperating from a foot injury, World championship silver medalist Saina Nehwal in
'Student Of The Year' review: A film for youngsters Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 09:20:39 AM IST Alia, Varun and Siddhartha in 'Student Of The Year'
Bollywood director Karan Johar's much anticipated film 'Student Of The Year' released on Friday, October 19, 2012.
As always, Karan presents a larger than life picture which is colourful, lavish, beautifully shot and gives his three leads immense scope to show their talent.
While watching SOTY you will get the feel of ‘KuchKuch Hota Hai’ and Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander’.
A prestigious school, rich brat kids, a pretty bimbo, a sports event- SOTY has it all.
The story of the film revolves around Abhimanyu Singh (Siddhartha Malhotra), a middle class boy who wants to achieve great heights, success and prosperity and Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan), a rich brat who expires to become a rockstar.
The two turned best of friends however their friendship takes an ugly turn in the quest to win the prestigious ‘Student Of The Year’ trophy and Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt), the most popular girl on the campus, enters the equation.
How they quest for success turns the high school into a battle field is what karan has explored in the movie.
On one hand the film has its entertainment quotient and on the other hand it is too unreal. The students seem to do everything in the film except study. The climax of the film is also a bit dragging.
Click here for photo gallery
A romantic comedy film which marks the debut of Alia, Varun and Siddhartha is high on drama, romance and emotions.
Overall, the film is definitely for the youngsters.
Varun and Siddhartha show promise and they hardly look like first time actors while Alia is something of a letdown. Rishi Kapoor, who played the dean, is a delight to watch as always.
Vishal shekhar has delivered a winning soundtrack which is lively, energetic, refined and catchy
The film also stars Sana Saeed, Rishi Kapoor, Ronit Roy and Kazoye Irani (son of Boman Irani) in supporting roles.
'SOTY' is produced by Hiroo Yash Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions and Gauri Khan under the banner of Red Chillies Entertainment and co-produced by Shahrukh Khan.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Daisy Shah trying to go beyond expectations.
- Hathaway flaunts baby bumps
- Sonam sends love to Fawad on birthday
- Priyanka accepts defeat from Dilwale at Box office
- Ranveer says Priyanka better than Deepika
- SRK did not want to use word 'Gerua'
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl