- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainmentMilind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to MumbaiFacts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't knowThousands pay tribute to Mahasweta DeviB-Town supports Dia's directorial debutPhilippines to host Miss Universe pageant in Jan 2017Streep in talks for 'Mary Poppins' sequelCheck Out 'Mohenjo Daro' new poster featuring HrithikHarbhajan Singh blessed with baby girlExcited, nervous about 'Raees': Mahira Khan
German No. 2 seed Angelique Kerber and Romanian No. 5 seed Simona Halep advanced to the se
'Student Of The Year' review: A film for youngsters Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 09:20:39 AM IST Alia, Varun and Siddhartha in 'Student Of The Year'
Bollywood director Karan Johar's much anticipated film 'Student Of The Year' released on Friday, October 19, 2012.
As always, Karan presents a larger than life picture which is colourful, lavish, beautifully shot and gives his three leads immense scope to show their talent.
While watching SOTY you will get the feel of ‘KuchKuch Hota Hai’ and Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander’.
A prestigious school, rich brat kids, a pretty bimbo, a sports event- SOTY has it all.
The story of the film revolves around Abhimanyu Singh (Siddhartha Malhotra), a middle class boy who wants to achieve great heights, success and prosperity and Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan), a rich brat who expires to become a rockstar.
The two turned best of friends however their friendship takes an ugly turn in the quest to win the prestigious ‘Student Of The Year’ trophy and Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt), the most popular girl on the campus, enters the equation.
How they quest for success turns the high school into a battle field is what karan has explored in the movie.
On one hand the film has its entertainment quotient and on the other hand it is too unreal. The students seem to do everything in the film except study. The climax of the film is also a bit dragging.
Click here for photo gallery
A romantic comedy film which marks the debut of Alia, Varun and Siddhartha is high on drama, romance and emotions.
Overall, the film is definitely for the youngsters.
Varun and Siddhartha show promise and they hardly look like first time actors while Alia is something of a letdown. Rishi Kapoor, who played the dean, is a delight to watch as always.
Vishal shekhar has delivered a winning soundtrack which is lively, energetic, refined and catchy
The film also stars Sana Saeed, Rishi Kapoor, Ronit Roy and Kazoye Irani (son of Boman Irani) in supporting roles.
'SOTY' is produced by Hiroo Yash Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions and Gauri Khan under the banner of Red Chillies Entertainment and co-produced by Shahrukh Khan.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Rohit Dhawan's Dishoom, starring Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez, has
- Don't call dance songs item numbers: Aditi
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- 'Dishoom': Stylised action and entertainment
- Milind running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Salman mourns Rajjat Barjatya's death
- Hope to dub in my voice for Malayalam debut: Priya Anand
- Varun Dhawan upset with 'Dishoom' ban in Pak
- Facts about Sanjay Dutt we bet you don't know
The lightning scar of Harry Potter is the most recognisable symbol of the character from t
Route Mobile Limited, a messaging and voice API company, on Thursday announced it has acqu