- DIY tips to light up your home for DiwaliMake a glitzy style statement on DiwaliWays to stay healthy during DiwaliManage diabetes and enjoy DiwaliKJo run-ins with political parties’ every-time before releaseKaran wanted more intimate scenes but I controlled: AishwaryaSRK, Gauri celebrate 25 years of marriageTips to keep your pets safe this DiwaliBritney Spears suffers wardrobe malfunctionI was mesmerised by Aishwarya's persona: Anushka Sharma
Legendary footballers Pele, Diego Maradona and Franz Beckenbauer led the tributes for Braz
'Student Of The Year' review: A film for youngsters Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 09:20:39 AM IST Alia, Varun and Siddhartha in 'Student Of The Year'
Bollywood director Karan Johar's much anticipated film 'Student Of The Year' released on Friday, October 19, 2012.
As always, Karan presents a larger than life picture which is colourful, lavish, beautifully shot and gives his three leads immense scope to show their talent.
While watching SOTY you will get the feel of ‘KuchKuch Hota Hai’ and Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander’.
A prestigious school, rich brat kids, a pretty bimbo, a sports event- SOTY has it all.
The story of the film revolves around Abhimanyu Singh (Siddhartha Malhotra), a middle class boy who wants to achieve great heights, success and prosperity and Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan), a rich brat who expires to become a rockstar.
The two turned best of friends however their friendship takes an ugly turn in the quest to win the prestigious ‘Student Of The Year’ trophy and Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt), the most popular girl on the campus, enters the equation.
How they quest for success turns the high school into a battle field is what karan has explored in the movie.
On one hand the film has its entertainment quotient and on the other hand it is too unreal. The students seem to do everything in the film except study. The climax of the film is also a bit dragging.
Click here for photo gallery
A romantic comedy film which marks the debut of Alia, Varun and Siddhartha is high on drama, romance and emotions.
Overall, the film is definitely for the youngsters.
Varun and Siddhartha show promise and they hardly look like first time actors while Alia is something of a letdown. Rishi Kapoor, who played the dean, is a delight to watch as always.
Vishal shekhar has delivered a winning soundtrack which is lively, energetic, refined and catchy
The film also stars Sana Saeed, Rishi Kapoor, Ronit Roy and Kazoye Irani (son of Boman Irani) in supporting roles.
'SOTY' is produced by Hiroo Yash Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions and Gauri Khan under the banner of Red Chillies Entertainment and co-produced by Shahrukh Khan.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Sarod maestro Amjad Ali Khan has joined the debate on the inclusion of Pakistani talent in
- You look your best when you work with Karan Johar, says Anushka
- SRK lends support to beautifying Bandstand Promenade
- 'Kaabil' trailer preview
- Salman Khan's bodyguard booked for assault
- 'Kahaani 2' trailer leaves a strong impact
- Filmmaking has become a business: Jaya Bachchan
- VOOT to bring exclusive content from 'Bigg Boss' house
- Pak artistes may not attend Goa arts festival
An Indonesian court on Tuesday sentenced a 70-year-old Australian man to 15 years in pri
Bharti Airtel on Wednesday launched an affordable 10-day validity pack for international r