- Freida to promote women empowerment at CannesDaily yoga can help reduce multiple sclerosis symptomsRelease of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next yearWear sunglasses to avoid eye damageBig B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards functionWant my fan base to increase in South: HumaSee what Bips made Karan do post weddingAndamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!
The Indian women's hockey team lost 0-2 in their opening encounter of the five-match Test
'Student Of The Year' review: A film for youngsters Last Updated : 20 Oct 2012 09:20:39 AM IST Alia, Varun and Siddhartha in 'Student Of The Year'
Bollywood director Karan Johar's much anticipated film 'Student Of The Year' released on Friday, October 19, 2012.
As always, Karan presents a larger than life picture which is colourful, lavish, beautifully shot and gives his three leads immense scope to show their talent.
While watching SOTY you will get the feel of ‘KuchKuch Hota Hai’ and Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander’.
A prestigious school, rich brat kids, a pretty bimbo, a sports event- SOTY has it all.
The story of the film revolves around Abhimanyu Singh (Siddhartha Malhotra), a middle class boy who wants to achieve great heights, success and prosperity and Rohan Nanda (Varun Dhawan), a rich brat who expires to become a rockstar.
The two turned best of friends however their friendship takes an ugly turn in the quest to win the prestigious ‘Student Of The Year’ trophy and Shanaya Singhania (Alia Bhatt), the most popular girl on the campus, enters the equation.
How they quest for success turns the high school into a battle field is what karan has explored in the movie.
On one hand the film has its entertainment quotient and on the other hand it is too unreal. The students seem to do everything in the film except study. The climax of the film is also a bit dragging.
Click here for photo gallery
A romantic comedy film which marks the debut of Alia, Varun and Siddhartha is high on drama, romance and emotions.
Overall, the film is definitely for the youngsters.
Varun and Siddhartha show promise and they hardly look like first time actors while Alia is something of a letdown. Rishi Kapoor, who played the dean, is a delight to watch as always.
Vishal shekhar has delivered a winning soundtrack which is lively, energetic, refined and catchy
The film also stars Sana Saeed, Rishi Kapoor, Ronit Roy and Kazoye Irani (son of Boman Irani) in supporting roles.
'SOTY' is produced by Hiroo Yash Johar under the banner of Dharma Productions and Gauri Khan under the banner of Red Chillies Entertainment and co-produced by Shahrukh Khan.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
US-based Indian actress Freida Pinto will reportedly attend the upcoming 69th Cannes Inter
- Randeep Hooda brilliant in 'Sarbjit': Johnny Lever
- SRK, AbRam practise dance moves for KKR match
- Release of SRK's 'Raees' pushed to next year
- Justin Bieber being sued for $100,000
- Shekhar Suman again hits out at Kangana Ranaut
- National Awards: Big B 'touched' by president's speech
- Big B, Kangana, Kalki, Kabir, Bhansali at their best in awards function
- Evans, Downey Jr helped Holland in justifying Spiderma
In a weird incident in Turkey, a 34-year man was beaten black and blue for doing a lewd ac
Sony India on Monday launched a new portable wireless speaker for music aficionados in Ind