- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek BachchanChinkara poaching case: Salman thanks fans for prayers, supportAkshay had a ball shooting cameo for 'Dishoom'Iulia Vantur celebrated birthday with Salman KhanICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for free
Sports Minister Vijay Goel said talented javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra, who recently scrip
- Narsingh doping: Banned substance can be detected months later
- Volleyball body gives green light to Russiaa Rio squad
- Coach Guardiola imposed strict diet: Man City defender Clichy
- Morales promises rewards for Bolivia's medallists in Rio
- Kerala HC asks AFI to include athlete Raghavan in Olympic squad
Amitabh Bachchan turns 70,Celebrities flock Last Updated : 11 Oct 2012 12:15:42 PM IST Amitabh Bachchan turns 70
From Bollywood and South celebrities to high profile politicians and bureaucrats, everyone flocked to the big bash in Goregaon on Wednesday to participate in Amitabh Bachchan’s 70th birthday.
It is on Thursday that megastar Amitabh Bachchan, would be turning 70. It happens to be Bachchan's first birthday with grand daughter Aaradhya. The cake cutting was suppose to happen after 12 midnight.
The party began from 8 pm onwards, the entrance area had black curtains all over and live music being played in band baaja style on Bachchan's all popular songs like 'Pardesiya', 'Main Hoon Don', 'Muqadar Ka Sikander' and other hit songs.
The red carpet was rolled out for as many as 800 guests at the Reliance Media Works, Film City, Goregaon.
The party organised by Bachchan's wife Jaya saw a host of well known personalities,Bachchan was dressed in a knee-length black velvet kurta. Son Abhishek Bachchan walked holding wife Aishwarya's hand and mother Jaya on his other side. Daughter Shweta Nanda with husband and her children were also seen.
The Big B waved at the media, posed for shutterbugs and thanked everyone. Son Abhishek said, "It is glamorous 70 and we all are really happy to be here celebrating his birthday with family, friends and everyone."
Daughter-in-law Aishwarya added, "We all are really happy that everyone have come today to celebrate his birthday. We are thankful to everyone for their presence."
When veteran actor Dilip Kumar came with wife Saira Bano, Abhishek and Aishwarya touched their feets to seek blessings.
Celebrities like Karan Johar and mother Hiroo, business tycoon Mukesh Ambani's mother Kokilaben, late actor Shammi
Kapoor's wife and son Aditya Raj Kapoor and others arrived to the main gate in a golf cart-like vehicle. Shashi Kapoor came on a wheel chair.
Till 11.45 pm none of the Khans arrived. Apart from the filmi world others who came to greet the actor included Anil Ambani, Aditya Godrej, Kumar Manglam Birla, Mulayam Singh Yadav with son Akhilesh, Chaggan Bhujbal, Uddhav Thackeray with wife and son.
Also present at the bash were Vinod Khanna, Hema Malini, Pran, Jeetendra, Waheeda Rehman, Prem Chopra, Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor with wife Neetu, Moushmi Chatterjee, Aruna Irani, Yash Chopra with wife Pamela, Sridevi with husband Boney Kapoor, Subhash Ghai, Jeetendra, Ashutosh Gowarikar, Priety Zinta, Vidya Balan, Bipasha Bau, Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri Dixit with husband, Ajay Devgn, Kajol, Juhi Chawla, Anil Kapoor,Deepika Padukone and Govinda.
"We are like a family. I love Amitji. We share fond memories as we did 'Kaante' together. He is a wonderful actor and a very good human being," Sanjay Dutt said.
Actor Anil Kapoor called him the "hugest" star. "He played a terrific innings. And I wish him luck and happiness. He is an iconic figure," Shabana Azmi said.
Said Bipasha Basu, "Not even actors of 30 years of age can match his energy. He is active, he is energetic, full of life. I wish him happiness."
Vidya Balan felt Big B is not only an inspiration for actors but everyone. South's superstar Rajnikanth, Chiranjeevi with son Ram Charan Teja, Nagarjuna, Rana Dagubbati and others also came.
"I am too small to talk about him. I wish him all the happiness," Ram Charan Teja saidSource: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Vidya Balan loves traditional jewellery and says she used to wear jhumkas worth Rs
- We have forgotten about humanity: Priyanka Chopra
- 'Force 2' a very action heavy film: Tahir Raj Bhasin
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Explorer Levison Wood's Himalayan journey to air in India
- People stop taking calls if you deliver a flop: Abhishek Bachchan
- Find Malayalam industry to be very progressive: Priya Anand
- Want to do hardcore love story: Raashi
- Watch: 'Kala Chashma' the party groover from 'Baar Baar Dekho'
An international team of scientists has identified a rare new species of beaked whale that
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an