- Ten top best destinations to visit in USHottest Kissing Scenes Of Bollywood!Kareena excited about her look in 'Ki and Ka'Revealed: Why Parineeti Chopra wants to singKiss Day Wallpapers and Facebook imagesAishwarya visits Golden Temple for 'Sarabjit' shootingRiteish, Nargis team up for Eros' nextSushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor'Judwaa 2' is a big responsibility on me: Varun DhawanIntex launches Aqua Craze smartphone
India produced a disappointing performance to lose to arch-rivals Pakistan 0-1 in a lacklu
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Nowadays almost all films have a central romantic theme.Romance has been an integral part
- Really! Priyanka Chopra might go to the moon for a new film?
- Kareena excited about her look in 'Ki and Ka'
- Revealed: Why Parineeti Chopra wants to sing
- Aishwarya visits Golden Temple for 'Sarabjit' shooting
- Bollywood goes gaga over 'Neerja'
- Riteish, Nargis team up for Eros' next
- Sushant-Kriti starrer 'Raabta' goes on floor
- 'Judwaa 2' is a big responsibility on me: Varun Dhawan
Kristina Pimenova,a 10-year-old Russian girl, has sparked controversy by landing a top mo
Lava has expanded its 4G range with the addition of 3 new smartphones - A71, A88 and X11.