- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating HoliPICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?World\'s most complete Stegosaurus dinosaurBollywood\'s Bold BabesSonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishesHoli celebration across IndiaWatch Alia Bhatt\'s second homeNow Dilip Shanghvi is the richest IndianSpring collection for KidsPICS: Koalas killed in Australia due to starving
Saina Nehwal and H S Prannoy have reached second round of All England badminton champion
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
When Holi is round the corner, can anyone forget all-time hit Bollywood songs?
- Watch Sunny Leone, Poonam celebrating Holi
- PICS:Why Sofia wants to see Hrithik Roshan naked?
- Bollywood's Bold Babes
- Sonam Kapoor thanks fans for get well soon wishes
- Konkona plays pivotal role in film on Aarushi murder case
- Justin Bieber poses shirtless for magazine
- Watch Alia Bhatt's second home
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni's Wife Sakshi Tweets First Picture of Daughter Ziva
The world's most complete specimen of a Stegosaurus dinosaur dating back to 150 million ye
Department of Telecom (DoT) has received a request from an intelligence agency to block t