- Dhanteras celebrated ahead of DiwaliSunny Leone\'s Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTubeImages: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu\'s glamorous daughter Rabia SidhuBigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view picsAbhishek Bachchan\'s big brother is SRKRange Rover factory in China inauguratedRemedy on Dhanteras to become richRekha's vanity van tantrumsPICS: Celebrate eco-friendly DiwaliAamir, Ekta Kapoor to host Diwali card party
India's chief hockey coach Terry Walsh sprang a surprise by resigning from his post beca
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Because of her illness, the actress had to call off a promotional appearance for season tw
- Sunny Leone's Pink Lips song crosses 10 million hits on YouTube
- Images: Meet Navjot Singh Sidhu's glamorous daughter Rabia Sidhu
- Toni Garrn enjoys Tennis with Leonardo
- Bigg Boss: Sonali, Gautam get cozy in bed, view pics
- Priyanka gives up Diwali celebrations
- Abhishek Bachchan's big brother is SRK
- When Randeep Hooda, Nandana Sen go nude for Kahe Sataye song from Rang Rasiya: Watch
- Kareena flaunts cleavage at IIFA 2014, view pic
In a spooky mix-up, a woman in the UK was horrified at receiving text messages from her de
Korean handset maker Samsung on Tuesday launched its most expensive device in the country