- Wedding album of Aishwarya Rai BachchanJukebox of \'The Shaukeens\' audio is out!Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversyWhy has Farha Khan upset Saroj KhanLisa Haydon suffering from dengueWhat next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racketReview in pics: Super NaniAamir Khan in Bigg Boss 8Shah Rukh\' Khan\'s fans beaten by police in KanpurHrithik Roshan avoids meeting Sussanne
Roger Federer kept up his hopes of finishing the year as world number one when he downed
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
See the wedding album of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan, inclusing mehnadi a
- New poster of 'Rang Rasiya' out now
- Jukebox of 'The Shaukeens' audio is out!
- Morphed photos of Bollywood actresses that caused controversy
- Why has Farha Khan upset Saroj Khan
- Lisa Haydon suffering from dengue
- Paltrow praised estranged husband
- What next for Shweta Basu after caught in a sex racket
- When Deepika Padukone dated Upen Patel
It is always a subject of debate whether Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO) does exist or n
Handset maker Lava Friday launched a new series of Iris smartphones under the 'Fuel' brand