- Images: Miley Cyrus poses completely nude for V magazineWill Deepika Padukone be the next Baby Doll of Bollywood?Bigg Boss 8 house pics leaked; know why Salman Khan turned pilotModi gifts Gita to AbeKatrina Kaif caught on camera with rumored boyfriend Ranbir KapoorIs Salman Khan going to marry Elli Avram?Aamir weeps openlyPics: This is how the new iPhone 6 will look likeISL gets roaring openingAkshay Kumar to challenge Bollywood Khans
IPL mania hits Indian football. Now Indian Super League football
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Miley Cyrus usually looks like she’s not wearing any clothes, but on the upcoming issue
- Will Deepika Padukone be the next Baby Doll of Bollywood?
- Bigg Boss 8 house pics leaked; know why Salman Khan turned pilot
- Katrina Kaif caught on camera with rumored boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor
- Is Salman Khan going to marry Elli Avram?
- Aamir weeps openly
- Britney Spears focuses on work to get over split
- Akshay Kumar to challenge Bollywood Khans
- Brangelina honeymoon in the Mediterranean
For years scientists have theorized about how large rocks some weighing hundreds of pound
With rumors of an imminent launch early next month, let's show you how the iPhone 6 will l