- This is how Aishwarya lost weightFive worst films in last five years\'Kick\' to break \'Jai Ho\' recordsEid Mubarak wallpapers and imagesHumaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi5 unknown facts of Jacqueline FernandezPics: Salman Khan will never get married; find out whyThese Bollywood actors turned singers for their moviesSalman paints without sleep for JacquelineBipasha insults Chitrangada
Indian shooter Mohd Asab has bagged the bronze medal in men's double trap event at the 2
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Muslim festival of Eid-ul-Fitr will be celebrated in India on Tuesday, 29 July but as the
- SRK posts Slam: The Tour teaser
- This is how Aishwarya lost weight
- Five worst films in last five years
- 'Kick' to break 'Jai Ho' records
- Humaima Malik liked kissing Raja Natwarlal costar Emraan Hashmi
- 5 unknown facts of Jacqueline Fernandez
- Pics: Salman Khan will never get married; find out why
- Bollywood Star power support for Pro Kabaddi League
With a string of harrowing incidents that have left the nation enraged, parents have been
Handset maker Oplus Technologies has launched its smartphone, XonPhone 5 in the Indian mar