- Beyonce suffers wardrobe malfunctionAishwarya coming back after 5-yearsKangana walks ramp for designer Manav GangwaniChina's chicken, lamb kebabs in DelhiSee Richa in de-glamourised avatarAjay Devgn's Drishyam earns Rs 17 crore in 2 days'Menstruation and girls relation'Shahrukh Khan ready to enter Wankhede Stadium, ban liftedB-town wishes fans Happy Friendship DayShilpa turns fashion diva
Sporting legend Milkha Singh in Chandigarh on Sunday congratulated golfer Ranveer Singh Sa
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Paramount Pictures is ready to have more of Ethan Hunt with "Mission: Impossible 6" alread
- Beyonce suffers wardrobe malfunction
- Aishwarya coming back after 5-years
- Kangana walks ramp for designer Manav Gangwani
- Ram Gopal Varma against porn ban
- See Richa in de-glamourised avatar
- Ajay Devgn's Drishyam earns Rs 17 crore in 2 days
- B-town wishes fans Happy Friendship Day
- Shilpa turns fashion diva
An 11-month-old girl choked to death in Uttar Pradesh's Saharanpur district on Monday afte
If these images are to be believed, we would be seeing a couple of design innovations that