- Kate Upton won't go in for breast reductionWhat happened to the Aashiqui girl Anu Aggarwal?Virat\'s ways can make Anushka a jealous girlfriendVJ Rannvijay marries PriyankaSanju Baba caught off guard in leaked MMS clipAll set for fifth phase of pollsSee what Poonam Pandey lovesHrithik danced for 12-hours at strechPICS : Lara Dutta turns 36Xcent gets 450 bookings everyday
Iconic Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar after buying a ISL team is now set to own a tenn
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Bollywood lovers Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif, who recently spend a romantic holiday in
- Movies releasing in April 2014
- Miranda Kerr strips off for photo shoot
- No one wants to marry 'Revolver Rani'
- When gorgeous Sushmita Sen had some fun on Comedy Nights With Kapil
- Prem Chopra loves being a villian
- Nargis not ready to marry Uday Chopra
- Deepika in awe of Rajinikanth's passion for Cinema
- Alia's another selfie with Arjun Kapoor
Social media is about nurturing connections but lately it has enabled internet users to pu
Taiwanese technology firm Asus has launched dual SIM tablet Fonepad 7 in India.