- Pics: And Oscar goes to...Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charityRani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017Dev Patel attends Oscars with motherAsghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film'Zootopia' wins Oscar for Best Animated FilmCan't tolerate bullying: Kangana RanautAbRam gets magic in SRK's lifeUnknown facts about Shahid Kapoor
American tennis player Serena Williams led the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) world rank
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.loading...
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
A record number of wins by black stars, a Muslim actor winning for the first time, the vic
- Amitabh Bachchan walks fashion ramp for charity
- Oscars 2017 celebrate diversity, marred by goof-ups
- Rani Mukerji confirms comeback with 'Hichki'
- Oscars 2017: Oops! Moment
- Priyanka Chopra looks divine at Oscars 2017
- Dev Patel attends Oscars with mother
- Om Puri honoured at Oscars 2017
- Asghar Farhadi's 'The Salesman' wins Best Foreign Language Film
If you are living in a neighbourhood surrounded by trees and shrubs, with birds chirping
Chinese smartphone maker Gionee on Monday launched a new line up of A series smartphones -