- Final list of \'Bigg Boss 9\' inmatesActress who were physically assaultedWhen Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 kmKarisma\'s ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriendWhat a comeback Aishwarya!Aditi Rao Hydri goes toplessSridevi's daughter Khushi kisses Jack GilinskyJab Kareena met Mira and Shahid met SaifParineeti gets in a new skinWhy was Kareena-Arjun intimate scenes deleted?
The Indian hockey team had a disappointing start to their four-Test series as they suffere
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Here take a look at the confirm participants of 'Bigg Boss 9'.
- Watch Salman Khan's 'Prem Leela' in 'PRDP'
- Konkona elated with 'Talvar' success
- Actress who were physically assaulted
- When Big B was chased by a tiger for 4 km
- Karisma's ex hubby to marry his ex girlfriend
- What a comeback Aishwarya!
- Aditi Rao Hydri goes topless
- Surveen Chawla not to enter 'Bigg Boss 9'
A dog in the US had to be rescued after it accidentally knocked its owner's idling truck i
Microsoft launched LUMIA 640 LTE 4G device priced at Rs 17,399 with an aim to widen its po