- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed RidhimaMy brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi'Tamasha' a distinctive love storyIndia clinch series victory against SAMeet top Miss Supranational of 2015Sonnalli who missed 'Hate Story 3'Wedding album of Disha VakaniFilm Review: TamashaBipasha shares burnt marksIt will be a snowy Christmas for Ranbir-Katrina
A bus carrying Argentina's hockey team was accidentally hit by a stone in Chhattisgarh's c
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.Source:PTI, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Why was SRK hesitant in using the word Gerua in one of his songs?
- Not interested in awards: 'Baahubali' director
- 'Tamasha' collects Rs 10.87 crore on Day 1
- Preity Zinta is in no mood of tying the knot for a year atleast
- Unknown facts about Yami Gautam
- Camera loved Smita Patil: Shyam Benegal
- Know why Quantico actor Priyanka overwhelmed Ridhima
- My brand of romance different from SRK: Emraan Hashmi
- 'Tamasha' a distinctive love story
Watch a taxi modelling on the ramp,Thailand's contestant will be wearing a tuk-tuk dress
Smartphones and tablets are becoming the preferred choices for Chinese consumers to do onl