- Movies to watch in December 2014Vegetarian delicacies at SAARC retreatTMC members wear black shawl in LSVeena Malik: Queen of controversiesPICS: Growing roses in drought too!Why Priyanka Chopra fainted on the sets several timesLindsay not invited in father\'s weddingPamela Anderson sends tips to B-woodTourism in Rajasthan growing\'DDLJ\' new trailer launched
Upbeat over winning the China Open title and moving up to the fourth spot in the latest BW
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Realty firm Unnati Fortune Group has roped in Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra as the bra
- Tanisha not afraid to 'Go Pink'
- Movies to watch in December 2014
- Veena Malik: Queen of controversies
- Why Priyanka Chopra fainted on the sets several times
- Lindsay not invited in father's wedding
- Pamela Anderson sends tips to B-wood
- Why Arpita’s wedding was biggest event for B-town?
- 'DDLJ' new trailer launched
A video of young elephant fighting with 14 lions has gone viral on You Tube.
Microsoft Devices has launched its first Lumia handset in India for Rs 9,199.