- 3 married lesbians expecting their first babyPICS: If this is not Modi wave what else is!Cricketer Sachin votesKunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?Letter written on Titanic up for auctionMeet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view picsRani Mukerji childhood picturesShri Sai Baba of Shirdi:Rare Picsunseen pictures of Sachin TendulkarIPL7: Preity Zinta cheers for KXIP, view pics
PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap and RMV Gurusaidutt made winning starts to their respective
Ranbir Kapoor's 'Barfi' in Oscar's long-list Last Updated : 09 Oct 2012 06:13:15 PM IST Ranbir Kapoor in 'Barfi'
Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Ileana D'Cruz starrer 'Barfi', directed by Anurag Basu, is amongst the 71 films named for the 2012 Foreign Language Oscar category, the Academy announced.
The film was highly appreciated in India and overseas and made a business of 100 crores.
Other foreign-language entries include the French hit "The Intouchables", from directors Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, "The Patience Stone" from Afghan filmmaker Atiq Rahimi and Austria's "Amour" from director Michael Haneke.
"Amour" had previously won the top prize at last May's Cannes Film Festival. The film stars Emmanuelle Riva and Jean-Louis Trintignant as an elderly couple coping with the wife's worsening health.
Nakache's "The Intouchables" starring Francois Cluzet and Omar Sy is the second-highest-grossing film of all time and has earned USD 355 million internationally.
It follows the story of an unlikely friendship between Philippe, a wealthy quadriplegic, and Driss, a young and poor man from the ghettos, who is hired as his live-in carer following a horrific road crash.
However, missing this time from the Oscar race is Iran, last year's Oscar-winner for best foreign film.
The nation opted out of Academy Awards as a statement of protest against the YouTube video "Innocence of Muslims."
The submissions also feature Sweden's "The Hypnotist," from Lasse Hallstrom, Norway's "Kon-Tiki" from directors Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, Armenian director Natalia Belyauskene's "If Only Everyone" and "War Witch" from Canada's Kim Nguyen.
The list also includes first-time entrant Kenya with movies - Ould-Khelifa's "Zabana" representing Algeria, and David Tosh Gitonga's "Nairobi Half Life".
The Academy will announce the final list of 5 nominated films on January 10, 2013 and the official ceremony will take place on February 24, 2013.
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
These celebrities have redefined perception about a fuller bum and now women around the wo
- Kunal Kapoor to become Bachchan’s ‘Damaad’?
- Jodha Akbar director denies sexually abusing actor Paridhi Sharma
- Angelina Jolie and I ‘check in on each other ’: Billy Bob Thornton
- Meet Ajay-Kajol’s kids Nysa and Yug, view pics
- Rani Mukerji childhood pictures
- Yo Yo Honey Singh generous towards Akshay
- Truth behind Rani-Aditya hush-hush wedding
- 'Kill Dil' first look:Parineeti Chopra's oomph
Brynn, Doll and Kitten Young are probably the first 'throuple' who got married and are now
Homegrown handset maker Micromax on Tuesday launched its new six-inch phablet 'Canvas Dood