- Andamans gets a leg-up to showcase heritageFIRST LOOK: Varun, Alia in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'Care for your hair in simple steps this summer!Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: SurveySteps to buy sunglassesGo the foreign way while munching French friesBaaghi collects 35 crores in opening weekendBipasha shares her 'monkey wedding' picsBig B gets inspiration from fans' love
FIFA's acting secretary general, the German-Swiss Markus Kattner, was dismissed with immed
B-town wish Asha Parekh on birthday Last Updated : 02 Oct 2012 04:46:09 PM IST File photo: Asha Parekh
Bollywood actress Asha Parekh turned 70 on Tuesday.
The former Chief of Central Board of Film Certification celebrated her birthday with family and friends at a grand party at Sun-N-Sand hotel in Mumbai.
Asha Parekh started her journey in film industry as a child artist. As a heroine, she has delievered many superhit films like "Dil Deke Dekho", "Kati Patang", "Jab Pyar Kisise Hota Hai", "Gharana", "Shikar" and "Aan Milo Sajna',"Teesri Manzil" and "Love in Tokyo".
Born in a Gujarati family in Bangalore in 1942, Asha Parekh was known as the jublee queen of Bollywood.
She also won the Filmfare award for best actress for her film 'Kati Patang'.
On her birthday, the Bollywood celebrities wished her by posting messages on social networking websites.
" Asha Parekh turns 70 today! Goodness, life does go past rather rapidly...went across to wish her at a celebration at Sun 'n' Sand," Big B tweeted Monday night.
Bollywood actor Arshad Warsi also wished the "elegant and talented lady" on her birthday.
"Went to wish the very elegant and talented Asha Parekhji at her birthday party and met all the beautiful leading ladies of yesteryears," Arshad Warsi tweeted.
Samaylive team wish a very happy birthday to Asha Parekh.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Actress Sushmita Sen, the first Indian to clinch the prestigious Miss Universe crown in 19
- Kangana Ranaut attends VERO MODA store launch, unveils new line
- Ayushmann tries Chaplin-inspired look for 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Big B 'nervous' about singing in 'TE3N'
- Mallika Sherawat's selfie moment with Mads Mikkelsen
- Sonam Kapoor gives desi twist to her look for amfAR Gala
- Are Hrithik-Sussane considering a comeback
- Ranbir's rumored girfriend is already engaged
- Sarabjit movie review
While playing with your pooch at home helps evoke love and compassion in you, researchers
The 'World's Ugliest Dog' won a Hero Award for helping people with disabilities
Bones of ancient, extinct species of bison uncovered
Hundreds witness Mercury transit in Delhi, scientists in Srinagar disappointed
Leading astronomers to see 'Transit of Mercury' from Srinagar
Video: Man showed private parts in bus beaten by women
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Coolpad on Friday launched a new smartphone that comes wit