- Pomp, splendour mark a royal wedding at MysuruIIFA 2016 leaves Madrid with Bollywood highCheck the classy chicks of B-Town at IIFA 2016Divyanka Tripathi shops for wedding2016 IIFA Rocks: Bajirao Mastani Bagged Maximum AwardsR.D. Burman a futuristic genius who knew pulse of massesKareena Kapoor's pregnancy news ceases to fade; is lil Saif on way?List of IIFA 2016 Best Actress NominationsReview: Independence Day: Resurgence- Staid and worn outAnkita Lokhande not dating Kushal Tandon
Defending champions Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa will aim to shed off their inconsiste
Rajinikant to leave for Singapore Last Updated : 27 May 2011 05:26:15 PM IST File photo: Rajinikanth with daughter Aishwarya
Rajinikant has been ailing since last month and according to his family, he is not in any danger.
Hours after his daughter Aishwarya said one of the reasons for going to Singapore was to provide her father some privacy, the actor's wife Latha said that he was going to the city state for rejuvenation.
The 60-year-old actor will be accompanied by his close relatives and will fly on Singapore Airlines.
Aishwarya provided more information about Rajinikanth.
"I would like to clarify he is not being airlifted because that is not necessary as his vitals are stable and he is going to travel like a normal passenger," Aishwarya said.
"I have been hearing quite a bit (of) news since morning - airlifting, he is serious. He is definitely not serious," she added.
Rajinikanth is admitted in the intensive care unit (ICU) of the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre in Chennai for recurrent respiratory infection and gastro-intestinal problems.
He was first admitted to St. Isabel Hospital April 29 after a bout of vomiting and was discharged in the evening.
On May 5, he was again admitted to the ICU of St Isabel Hospital after allergic bronchitis and fever. On May 13 he went back to the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre.
Since then there has been unending speculation about his health.
"We are taking him to Singapore because of media speculation, sensationalisation of the whole news. He would like a little bit of privacy with his family," said Aishwarya.
She said: "He is being taken to Singapore for fluid collection in his body and for rejuvenation. We want him to recoup and come back... We want quality time with him by ourselves.
"I am with him 24x7 at the hospital, and visibly I am able see a lot of improvement and recovery in him.
"He had breakfast normally, read the newspaper and he was quite amused by what some of the media channels and papers said (about) he being airlifted -- he's like 'why would they say things to alarm my fans'.
"Here down south he is so adored, he is part of every household, and people get so alarmed and agitated when they hear something which is not nice to hear...
"When it is not true, it is very sad for the family. It is not right to give wrong news to people who love him so much...
"So it is good to let them know the right thing. He is not in any danger, nothing alarmingly wrong with him. Like one of us, he can fall sick and he is definitely going to recover soon," she said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
On completing 24 years in filmdom, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan shared that he has l
- 'Sultan' to release on July 6, to cash in on five-day weekend
- I don't want to conquer the world: Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Vikram Bhatt slams Kamaal R. Khan over lewd remarks
- When Lady Gaga met Dalai Lama
- IIFA 2016 leaves Madrid with Bollywood high
- Josh Peck, Paige O'Brien are engaged
- Haryana gang-rape victim's notice to Salman
- Global United Media to release 'Devi (L)' in Kerala
Over 10 years, the central government spent Rs 21,482 crore ($3.2 billion) building houses
Creating a ripple in the flagship smartphone market, Reliance Retail on Monday unveiled th