- ICW 2016: Rohit Bal adds Russian touch to India fashionB-Town hails Salman's acquittal in poaching casesKangana turns Mughal empress for at the FDCI India Couture Week 2016Why not: Kangana on getting married more than once'Madaari': A heartbreaking wake-up callVijay Raaz did 'Mission Tiger' for freeYami Gautam flaunts bridal avatar at ICW 2016Did Sunny Leone actually sing the National Anthem incorrectly?Anamika's collection impresses fashionistas at ICW 2016'Kabali' fails to live up to hype
Wrestling Federation of India President Brij Bhusan Sharan Singh on Monday backed dope-tai
Rajinikant to leave for Singapore Last Updated : 27 May 2011 05:26:15 PM IST File photo: Rajinikanth with daughter Aishwarya
Rajinikant has been ailing since last month and according to his family, he is not in any danger.
Hours after his daughter Aishwarya said one of the reasons for going to Singapore was to provide her father some privacy, the actor's wife Latha said that he was going to the city state for rejuvenation.
The 60-year-old actor will be accompanied by his close relatives and will fly on Singapore Airlines.
Aishwarya provided more information about Rajinikanth.
"I would like to clarify he is not being airlifted because that is not necessary as his vitals are stable and he is going to travel like a normal passenger," Aishwarya said.
"I have been hearing quite a bit (of) news since morning - airlifting, he is serious. He is definitely not serious," she added.
Rajinikanth is admitted in the intensive care unit (ICU) of the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre in Chennai for recurrent respiratory infection and gastro-intestinal problems.
He was first admitted to St. Isabel Hospital April 29 after a bout of vomiting and was discharged in the evening.
On May 5, he was again admitted to the ICU of St Isabel Hospital after allergic bronchitis and fever. On May 13 he went back to the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre.
Since then there has been unending speculation about his health.
"We are taking him to Singapore because of media speculation, sensationalisation of the whole news. He would like a little bit of privacy with his family," said Aishwarya.
She said: "He is being taken to Singapore for fluid collection in his body and for rejuvenation. We want him to recoup and come back... We want quality time with him by ourselves.
"I am with him 24x7 at the hospital, and visibly I am able see a lot of improvement and recovery in him.
"He had breakfast normally, read the newspaper and he was quite amused by what some of the media channels and papers said (about) he being airlifted -- he's like 'why would they say things to alarm my fans'.
"Here down south he is so adored, he is part of every household, and people get so alarmed and agitated when they hear something which is not nice to hear...
"When it is not true, it is very sad for the family. It is not right to give wrong news to people who love him so much...
"So it is good to let them know the right thing. He is not in any danger, nothing alarmingly wrong with him. Like one of us, he can fall sick and he is definitely going to recover soon," she said.Source: IANS, Other Agencies, Staff Reporters
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Several Bollywood celebrities including filmmakers Subhash Ghai and Ram Gopal Varma have w
- No negative roles for Nausheen Ali
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Salman Khan's sister happy with his acquittal in poaching cases
- Melissa McCarthy loves jumpsuits with zippers
- I'd love to do a film with SRK: Paul Feig
- Don't wish to make career in acting: Shekhar
- Cinema not a place for competition: Sobhita
- Rihanna doesn't want her fans 'catching Pokemons' at concerts
At 86, Dakshayani shows no signs of ageing and looks absolutely fit as she gets all set to
Domestic electronics company Micromax has announced a new laptop series Micromax Ignite an