- Know all about Yuvraj-Hazel December weddingSmall screen celebrities who were fired from their jobsDid you find SRK in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil''Banjo': tedious, but braveMovie review 'Parched'These Bollywood films get affected by MNS diktatIncomplete Bollywood love storiesBollywood Biopics, saluting sports spiritExplore spiritual getaways in IndiaLagaan... based ride finds place at Dubai theme park
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday congratulated Indian medallists at the recently-hel
Rajinikant to leave for Singapore Last Updated : 27 May 2011 05:26:15 PM IST File photo: Rajinikanth with daughter Aishwarya
Rajinikant has been ailing since last month and according to his family, he is not in any danger.
Hours after his daughter Aishwarya said one of the reasons for going to Singapore was to provide her father some privacy, the actor's wife Latha said that he was going to the city state for rejuvenation.
The 60-year-old actor will be accompanied by his close relatives and will fly on Singapore Airlines.
Aishwarya provided more information about Rajinikanth.
"I would like to clarify he is not being airlifted because that is not necessary as his vitals are stable and he is going to travel like a normal passenger," Aishwarya said.
"I have been hearing quite a bit (of) news since morning - airlifting, he is serious. He is definitely not serious," she added.
Rajinikanth is admitted in the intensive care unit (ICU) of the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre in Chennai for recurrent respiratory infection and gastro-intestinal problems.
He was first admitted to St. Isabel Hospital April 29 after a bout of vomiting and was discharged in the evening.
On May 5, he was again admitted to the ICU of St Isabel Hospital after allergic bronchitis and fever. On May 13 he went back to the Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre.
Since then there has been unending speculation about his health.
"We are taking him to Singapore because of media speculation, sensationalisation of the whole news. He would like a little bit of privacy with his family," said Aishwarya.
She said: "He is being taken to Singapore for fluid collection in his body and for rejuvenation. We want him to recoup and come back... We want quality time with him by ourselves.
"I am with him 24x7 at the hospital, and visibly I am able see a lot of improvement and recovery in him.
"He had breakfast normally, read the newspaper and he was quite amused by what some of the media channels and papers said (about) he being airlifted -- he's like 'why would they say things to alarm my fans'.
"Here down south he is so adored, he is part of every household, and people get so alarmed and agitated when they hear something which is not nice to hear...
"When it is not true, it is very sad for the family. It is not right to give wrong news to people who love him so much...
"So it is good to let them know the right thing. He is not in any danger, nothing alarmingly wrong with him. Like one of us, he can fall sick and he is definitely going to recover soon," she said.
For Latest Updates Please-
Join us on
Follow us on
Post Your Comment (0 posted):
Kalki Koechlin says she fears getting comfortable in her zone, and that is why she keeps o
- Big B's passion is of different level: Anees Bazmee
- Dhoni biopic to release in 4,500 screens across 60 countries
- Ali Fazal meets his Pakistani fans in London
- Dance respected and accepted as career option today: Geeta Kapur
- Actor Bill Nunn dead at 62
- Jennifer Aniston pins divorce rumours with dinner date
- Anna Hazare to appear on The Kapil Sharma Show
- Looking forward to meet Dhoni: Disha Patani
A human skeleton found during the ongoing excavation of the famous Antikythera Shipwreck -
Domestic app-based marketplace Zopper on Friday announced the pre-booking of Apple iPhone